A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Macho guys - PJ pants are NOT an option..  (Read 2085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheesepuff
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006 05:50:18 PM »

How about some of those quilt/blankets  made out of old pairs of jeans?  Those are nice and warm too.  Or what about some kind of hats...most men like that I know always wear hats.  If they're loggers they might wear hard hats (or should...unlike some people i know, one who got a tree cut down on top of his head..)  maybe u could decopage somethin to hard hats....haha  ok  i'll stop now  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artistic_lunacy
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006 09:34:02 PM »

Etching is super easy. Just go to your friendly neighbourhood craft stora and pick up some Armour Etch. Stick stickers on the glass where you don't want it to be etched, and cover the rest in the creme. Follow the directions on the bottle, and voila...
I like the beer mug idea. Men are so impossible to do presents for, I find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yosabra
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006 09:59:47 PM »

Oooh, or moving along with the flannel idea, you could get them a flannel shirt and applique a silhouette of a pin-up girl on the back or a tiny one on the front side pannel.  Something like the mudflap girl, perhaps?  I'd rock one... of course, that's probably a guarantee that the macho men wouldn't like it. 

But then again, boobies have a pretty wide appeal Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006 12:05:19 AM »

LOL Thats one thing all these guys like - women. I've been researching different crafts with pin-ups trying to find something that would work.

If they drank at all then shot glasses or something would have been a great idea.

The one that just built his house is a major skirt chaser. I wanted to make the boob pillows I saw on here but every pattern is for knitting or crochet. I can't find any ideas for sewing..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006 12:17:12 AM »

The one that just built his house is a major skirt chaser. I wanted to make the boob pillows I saw on here but every pattern is for knitting or crochet. I can't find any ideas for sewing..

You could probably sew a boob pillow really easily. You could use a pattern for a round pillow. This one is Simplicty 3953.

See the purple and pink pillow in the bottom left hand corner? you could make two of those and then leave out the pink diamond. Use the smaller purple circle for the nipple area. then just connect them in the middle.

You don't even need to use a pattern. You could make your own with like, a big mixing bowl and a can of pringles! Lol or any other round objects you have around your house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006 08:36:57 AM »

The lizard and frog are adorable! Now I have to buy the pattern anyway lol

Thanks for the advice on the boob pillow. I'll go get some flesh toned material today and start trying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006 10:48:23 AM »

You're welcome.  Smiley And yes, the lizard is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
sparkly
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006 03:35:24 PM »

i'm in the middle of making a manly pair of fingerless gloves with a mitten flap. check out the "broad street mittens" on magknits (archives). they're great for things like fishing, because when it's cold, it's nice to have your hands covered while having your fingertips free. then when you're not doing anything, you can pull the mitten part over your fingers. they're also good for driving and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006 11:34:01 PM »

I have a bit of the same situation. My man is a heavy construction operator (trackhoe/trencher) who is now getting into the trucking industry.

I can't hardly ever make anything for him... mainly because I make stuff you can hang or wear and he likes practical stuff, i.e. tools and such...

In the past though, I've made him a scrapbook of all the jobsites he's worked on... perhaps a photobook of their trucks??

If you don't want to go the made route kenworth and other trucking companies have merchandise of their brands. http://www.shopkenworth.com/

I know I was wandering target with my hubby and he played for 30 minutes with a remote controled excavator they had... maybe there is a remote controled 18 wheeler?? Ha, I just gave myself an idea there lol.

I hope I helped!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006 11:36:30 PM by ladymare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe for the Big Game
ChocoChicken In L.A. Will Serve Chocolate-Flavored Fried Chicken
KD101: DIY Toaster Pastry Recipe
Restaurants That Still Make You Wear a Jacket
How to Make Eggs Benedict
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...