A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i have a question with regard to swaps!! please help!  (Read 2964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

burstandbloom
« on: November 08, 2006 09:22:23 AM »

okay...i have seen quite a few swaps that i would LOVE to participate in...but every single one requires that i have already successfully completed two swaps.

so my question is, how in the world am i supposed to get involved in swaps if no one will let me start with my first one?

also, if you know of any swaps that dont have such a requirement...can you point me in that direction?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006 09:33:46 AM »

ongoing swaps usually don't have the requirement. Mostly what the first swap requirement means is that you can't take on more than one swap until after you've finished your first one and gotten positive feedback for it. If you see a swap you really would like to join in on, I'd suggest PM'ing the organizer and double check your eligability to join and go from there
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
burstandbloom
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006 09:37:00 AM »

ongoing swaps usually don't have the requirement. Mostly what the first swap requirement means is that you can't take on more than one swap until after you've finished your first one and gotten positive feedback for it. If you see a swap you really would like to join in on, I'd suggest PM'ing the organizer and double check your eligability to join and go from there

okay thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006 10:25:59 AM »

okay...i have seen quite a few swaps that i would LOVE to participate in...but every single one requires that i have already successfully completed two swaps.

so my question is, how in the world am i supposed to get involved in swaps if no one will let me start with my first one?

also, if you know of any swaps that dont have such a requirement...can you point me in that direction?

Yes, I think you may be misunderstanding the sign-up information. The rules generally are that you must complete ONE swap before signing up for more, but after that, you may sign up for up to five at a time. Occasionally, an organizer may place added restrictions on who may sign up, but that's fairly rare. If you ever have any questions about eligibility, do feel free to pm the organizer for clarification, like naelany suggested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006 12:35:50 PM »

I've had a lot of swap newbies misreading the modified swap app and thinking the organizer requirements (must have completed at least two swaps) are the participant requirements. I think the form needs to be cleaned up somehow to prevent this confusion. This is at least the third newbie I've seen make this mistake just since the rule change.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006 06:17:05 PM »

I made that same mistake this morning when reading swap requirements for a new swap ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006 03:32:48 AM »

We're sorry that some people are misunderstanding the swap requirements. We have tried to write it so it's more understandable more than once. If you have any suggestions for wording that make it more user friendly, please let us know! It's not our intent to be confusing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Muria
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006 05:09:00 AM »

You could put the organizer information at the end (or the very beginning) or possibly in a link: Organizer meets all requirements? (Click here for requirements) instead of listing them in the swap information.  That way if we want to know what an organizer's qualifications are, we can click. Otherwise, it's out of the way and not distracting (I presume it's actually in the form so that organizers verify that they're qualified, but it'd be really cool to fill out the organizer information in order to fill out the swap form so that it's verified AND out of the way). 

Just a suggestion.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006 09:04:58 AM »

Being one of the ones that was temporarily confused, I would agree with Muria's suggestion. I am fairly new to Craftster, and the swap I signed up for yesterday will be my first, but my assumption is when a new swap is announced open for sign ups, the organizer(s) is/are already decided and you are now soliciting for participants. I think the organizer information is probably interesting to many, but the primary focus at that point is "Do I want/qualify to participate in this swap."

As I said, I am new to the swap process and could easily be missing something. That being said, I think all the info you post on the swap process is great because you make it so participants are very clear on what the expectations are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006 11:03:25 AM »

Thanks for that idea, Muria. I'm going to bring it up and see if we can work that out.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress Like Model Cara Delevingne
How to Get the Mila Kunis Look
How to Get a Great Wedding Guest Look
The Fashion Industry Needs To Nix Body Labels
How to Give Your Wardrobe a Summer Makeover for Less
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...