A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any ideas for "Handmade production line gifts"?  (Read 21259 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2007 09:45:13 AM »

you could make candles in a cup.
Just get some beautiful china cups and saucers at the flee-market or garage-sale and fill them with melted wax. Add a wick in the middle and let cool

Thanks for this idea! I am totally doing this with all the christmas mugs I've been given over the years. And I found at Hobby Lobby they have cappuccino and spiced apple (as in spiced cider...) scents that I will do (won't that be cool, a cappuccino or spiced cider scented candle in mug?) Any ideas of a little extra something to include? I'm thinking some baked goods or candy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
hmsteader71
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2007 06:48:46 AM »

I'm sure you may have already thought of this, but what about jars filled with hard rock candy?  Our kids love rock candy at Christmas.  Also, we make what are called "Dipped Ritz".  You take Ritz crackers and put peanut butter between them, then dip in melted chocolate or almond bark.  They are soooo good.  You could make up tins of them.  They are cheap and easy to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2007 08:00:49 PM »

I'm sure you may have already thought of this, but what about jars filled with hard rock candy?  Our kids love rock candy at Christmas.  Also, we make what are called "Dipped Ritz".  You take Ritz crackers and put peanut butter between them, then dip in melted chocolate or almond bark.  They are soooo good.  You could make up tins of them.  They are cheap and easy to make.

mmmm dipped ritz's, I forgot we use to make those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2007 02:55:38 PM »

I merged both of the "assembly line" and "production line" gift threads.  Lots of ideas!  Let's keep 'em together... Smiley

Here's what I made for the last two holidays...
2005 for my boyfriend's department http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=69356.0
2006 for my fiance's department http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=140952.0
2007 for my hubby's department... still to come! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2007 06:18:42 PM »

That's so strange.  I had never heard of anyone makng "dipped ritz".  Except, I made them about a month ago.  You're right.  The kids LOVED them.  They were gone in about three hours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
Cherry_Chickentoes
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2007 04:35:37 AM »

This is a great thread - keep the ideas coming!

I just had kind of a different idea - I have several ederly neighbors that I would like to do something for, as well as some younger ones, too.  For the elderly ones especially, I thought I would pick up some second hand crock pots for cheap, clean them up really well, make some homemade soup or chili, then freeze the soup right in the crock pot liner.  I thought it would be neat to leave the crock pots by their doors super early on Christmas morning.  That way, if they don't find them right away, the soup would still be frozen, or thawed just a bit, so there are no issues with food poisoning.  I'd leave a note explaining the gift (ingredients, type of soup, heating instructions, etc.).

I thought of this because I think at least one of my neighbors is diabetic, so sweet baked goods are off the list for him, and I don't know what other health issues some of the other ones have.

Does anyone see any flaws in this plan? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will trade my ephemera scans for your ephemera scans - please PM me if you are interested!
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2007 09:04:11 AM »

I just had kind of a different idea - I have several ederly neighbors that I would like to do something for, as well as some younger ones, too.  For the elderly ones especially, I thought I would pick up some second hand crock pots for cheap, clean them up really well, make some homemade soup or chili, then freeze the soup right in the crock pot liner.  I thought it would be neat to leave the crock pots by their doors super early on Christmas morning.  That way, if they don't find them right away, the soup would still be frozen, or thawed just a bit, so there are no issues with food poisoning.  I'd leave a note explaining the gift (ingredients, type of soup, heating instructions, etc.).

I thought of this because I think at least one of my neighbors is diabetic, so sweet baked goods are off the list for him, and I don't know what other health issues some of the other ones have.

Does anyone see any flaws in this plan? 

That is very sweet, but I think you should give them a heads up that you are going to do this.  What if they're not around on the holiday?  The food would just be sitting out there.  Or, bleary-eyed in the morning, someone could trip over the pot.  It's possible that if you leave food outside, animals or insects might get to it.  What might be a good alternative is bringing them over a hot dish for them to eat immediately plus some additional frozen dishes for them to use later.

Great idea and your neighbors are lucky to have you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2007 10:33:48 AM »

I, too, like the concept, but see some of the things Box mentioned being a problem.

I think people would be hesitant to eat a crock of food found on their porch without your face there presenting it, too (I know I would Cheesy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2007 10:59:40 PM »

im not sure if anyone said this already butttt.... HOMEMADE LIPGLOSS!!
you can get the plastic containers here:
http://www.sunburstbottle.com/plastic-jars/lip-balm-and-tubes
for very very cheap and you can find tons of recipes to make it online.
I know im gonna make like 20 of these to give out as small gifts or attach to the tops of others gifts for my mom, sisters, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
kbbtfg
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2007 06:20:56 PM »

Last year all my generic small gifts were pretty chinese take out boxes. For kids I had jelly belly ornaments with candy, small goldfish cracker packages, small pringles, some chocolates, and small toys. For the girls, I kept some of the food but added small lotions, lip glosses, coffees and candles. For the boys I did food, beef jerky, coffee, and some small thing I can't think of? Cards? They went over fairly well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cameron Diaz Is Anti-Botox
5 Things to Try This January 2014
Natural Solution to Smooth Wrinkles
Nail The Nude Manicure Like A Pro!
50s Pin Up Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...