A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
905 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February 2007 Birthday Swap! Signups CLOSED  (Read 3224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calmncool

One day, I will spread my wings and fly!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007 06:51:37 PM »

Happy Birthday Water babies!  Wink

This is my first swap!  I live in North Carolina.

My Birthday Wish List:

• an amigurumi turtle
  • an amigurumi elephant
  • A Chocolate Goodie Box or Basket (crafty box or basket filled with different chocolates, no fruit or fruity filling please.)
  • Fiber Trends "Flock of Sheep" felting pattern
  • Fiber Trends "Alpacas and Llamas" felting pattern
  • any yarn that is handpainted or hand-dyed
  • any yarn made of wool, alpaca, silk, or tencel
  • a pair of Knitty's "Knucks"
  • a Knitty's "Calorimetry"Thanks phantomssiren! Cheesy
  • a piece of jewelry with amethyst, peridot, and blue sapphire (or that color scheme)
  • any kind of turtle (other than paper) to add to my ever growing collection
  • a messenger bag - earth tone colors
  • a quality plush Panda Bear for my daughter
  • felted bear kit in Camel color found here: http://bluegooseglen.home.att.net/felting.htm
  • Any yarn found on my Wists: http://www.wists.com/calmncool
  • A Birthday Surprise!

A little about me:
I will be turning 29 on the 16th.  I have been married for 11 years.  We just had our first daughter on August 30, 2006.  She was 7 weeks premature, but doing well and is the light of our life! We have 2 Cairn Terriers (like ToTo) and a Chihuahua.  I have 4 turtles and a lonely little lovebird.  I have just recently taught myself to knit, and I am obsessed. I spend all of my spare time knitting hats and blankets for the NICU that saved my daughter's life.  I am a hippy at heart, so I love *groovy* styles and patterns.  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007 01:03:17 PM by calmncool » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmd32
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007 06:47:05 AM »

Happy Birthday to Us! It's finally our time!! Grin

I am in Australia, if that will be a problem!

Here's my current wishlist! I might add more if I think of them, but I already suck at coming up with ideas as it is. Tongue

Silk screen shirt-I'd love something silk-screened with an image in my taste..you can get an idea in my Wists of what I like

silk screen fabric-I am a fabric ADDICT, and LOVE any and all fabrics...it would be AWESOME to have an original, one of a kind fabric in my stash! Grin

Japanese craft book-I love those Japanese craft books from Kinokuniya and YesAsia! I don't knit or crochet, though, so those kinds would be useless to me

fimo cane-I have an idea for a Fimo cane that I am DYING to get made, but I have less that stellar fimo skills..any takers??

Silk kimono scraps or fabrics-See previous fabric post...I LOVE fabrics, and curently, my Japanese flavored stash is pathetically low! Shocked

beads-Glass, semiprecious, sterling silver, seed...I would love to increase my stash!

Jewellery with garnet, peridot, amethyst, carnelian...I love all these stones, so anything made from them is an automatic magnet to me!

snap on ruffler foot for my Janome-I really want one of these, but keep not quite being able to justify buying one for myself

A surprise from my Wist http://www.wists.com/mmd32

About me:
I am about to turn the big old 3-4...SCARY! lol I am still waiting for maturity to hit me, though...it seems to be taking it's time! I love warm colors...greens are heaven, and oranges, reds, and purples a close second. I am a mom of two, but really, counting dh, it's three. Tongue I am American, but stranded in Sydney, and man, do I miss home, which is usually Hawaii. I love to sew, and that always takes top priority, but I also am addicted to beads, and love dabbling in a million other crafts. I just bought a Dremel, so that is increasing my repertoire; I am taking a PMC course in a couple of weeks and OMG am I excited about that; am slowly getting together a set of supplies to make microscope pendants, too; and am sitting here staring at my smuggled over bottle of etching cream, trying to work up the nerve to mess with it (I think if I wasn't scared of leaving traces around for the kids to brush against, I might be braver), but so far, way too chicken, lol (there are some seriously scary websites about that stuff! Too bad I saw them BEFORE I started!!) I am DYING to try out lampwork glass, and maybe when I have finished setting myself up for PMC, I will get started on that!

I love art nouveau/art deco, and just joined a swap for them, too, and I love Asian style, too...I also like Scandinavian...I think the defining element of all of them is the clean, simple, but stylish lines, that attracts me the most. I also prefer things that are functional, in a decorative way. Cheesy I am a very prosaic person, in spite of beng Pisces, and decorative things just kind of end up put somewhere in a corner, and forgottten about; functional but decorative things, though, give me a thrill everytime I look at them, or need to use them!

So there you go, a small snapshot of me! If anybody has any more question, just ask, and thanks in advance to anybody who wants to send me a birthday present!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerrijo

I heart bunnies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007 10:57:34 AM »

Hello fellow birthday gals and guys!  I am located in Minnesota, US for anyone unable to ship internationally.

So here is my list:

- The kitty hat from "Stitch and Bitch" (I have NO idea how to knit and I LURVE this hat to death)
- Japanese ephemera
- a bunny or kitty anigurumi
- anything inspired from a Miyazaki film - I love totoros, kodamas, and soot spirits
- artwork - I love ink illustrations that are kooky and off the wall or cutesie animal stuff
- any old issues of Make magazine
- anything to do with bunnies - I collect them
- yarn - I am learning to crochet thanks star217!!!
- duct tape wallet - a bright color preferably thanks psyche!!!
- real wool felt scraps
- embroidery thread
- a surprise!

Bio:
I turned 27 on the 1st so I am now officially in my late twenties Tongue
I am married (four years in March) and we just had our first baby - a girl - on Dec 13th.  So for right now I am rocking the stay-at-home-mom gig.  Before baby I worked at a large retailer's HQ in the marketing recruitment area (give you a hint, its logo is a large red bullseye).  I got my degree in studio arts and I am looking to finally use it somehow.  I really got into crafting about the time I graduated from HS and was a poor college student looking to save some money.  I then took the plunge and bought a sewing machine three years ago and I have been crazy crafting ever since.  Right now I am teaching myself to crochet and hopefully I can learn to knit too.  My bar nickname is Bunni and I love bunny anything.  Also I really like any color except gold - bothers me for some reason.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007 05:10:26 PM by gerrijo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007 10:44:12 AM »

Here's the gallery! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153863.0

And.... to those of you with picks left, if you have any crafting time, lets try to get as many people red (or at least purple!) as possible! Cheesy

One more thing: If there's anyone watching this swap (or anyone in this swap, you don't need to have a birthday in the month to organize) that would like to organize the March birthday swap, PM me! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007 09:12:08 AM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tofu Fried Rice
How to Make Spicy Sweet and Sour Mock Chicken Stir Fry
How to Make Vegetarian Kuay Diu Soup Part 1/2
How to Make Vegetarian Kuay Diu Soup Part 2/2
How to Make a Bean Sprout Stir Fry
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...