A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fallen Angel Wings  (Read 1599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lulubean
« on: November 06, 2006 11:01:11 AM »

I just finished getting all my stuff from my parent's house this weekend (I officially haven't lived there for 3 years, you know, not like when I was in college and lived there sometimes) and I found this awesome thing I made about 6 years ago which I thought I would share!  They are wings for a fallen angel costume I made for a Masquerade when I was in the SCA.

So, first I made a framework out of two old wire coat hangers.  Then I covered them in old pantyhose.  Then I dyed some feathers with black Rit dye- this didn't quite work like I was hoping but turned out pretty cool in the end.  The marabou feathers were black though so they were nice and dark. There were several types of feathers and some of them were red, yellow and blue because I couldn't find white ones in that size and they didn't take the dye as well.  You can see the red ones.  The white feathers turned out more purple.  I think this gives the feathers a pretty tonal value though.  I glued the feathers down in layers trying to approximate a real bird wing as much as I could.  Not sure how well that turned out but I still think they are nifty. They look much cooler in person then in these photos (harsh flash does nothing for blacks).

Here's a picture of them in action from 3 years ago.  This wasn't the costume I made them for either but I hate the pictures of my masquerade outfit so you're getting the pseudo Sora costume instead.

Those of you that know Kingdom Hearts will recognize the mask- I made that from cardboard, construction paper, paint and permanent markers.  I love Halloween Town Sora! I don't have much better pictures of the wings so I hope you can see what they look like ok.  Thanks for checking this out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kabOOm

i'm bringin' crafty back...yeah!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006 08:27:04 PM »

it IS Halloween Town Sora!  Shocked -coughcough- The wings are really lovely, I like the coloring choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Generic Baby Shoe Sole Crochet Diagram
Crocheted Baby Stilettos Idea
Crocheting Christmas Wreath Tips
Crocheted Christmas Tree Design Tip
Crocheted Couch Cover Idea
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...