A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Valley of the dolls...and the dog (*pic heavy*)  (Read 1955 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_16_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Suburbanthrill
« on: November 06, 2006 10:18:55 AM »

This is my sister's costume. I made the entire thing from scratch (excluding the tights and shoes). It's the most complete outfit i've ever made, so im pretty proud. You can't see all the pieces because she was wearing a hoodie.

This was the first year she went trick or treating with her friends instead of us, so my mom and i were sitting around her house feeling left out. We got the woderful idea to dress up the only baby we have left. So we rooted through the old costume box and put together...

my dog's costume, which i made the skirt for my sister's costume last year. surprisingly, she didn't hate us. She actually loved getting all the attention from the people who came to our door.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dead End Girl made a promise to herself.
katatsumuli
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006 06:39:31 PM »

That's an absolutely gorgeous costume and wig (!!). Did you glue the strands, or tie them? (And wow, you've got an incredibly tolerant dog  Grin. She makes a very cute fairy. I would've died laughing and taken 100 pictures if I ever saw something like that in real life.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
spaz2phreek
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006 08:06:08 PM »

Okay, I know I should say I like your sister's costume better...but your dog is SO cute! Okay, really, you did an awesome job on her costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
Suburbanthrill
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006 07:12:52 AM »

First off, thanks for the compliments! The wig is two halves that were sewn to strips of fabric that were then sewn inside the edges of the hat (which happened to be cut out of all of those pictures..) It was a raggedy-ann style muffin top type hat. The whole thing just sort of sat ontop of her head and was pinned to her braided hair underneath.

Our dog is amazing! She's half pit bull and solid muscle, but the sweetest, most well-behaved, baby of a dog. The wings bothered her a little at first, but watching her spin around in circles trying to grab them with her teeth (hence, the holes) was hilarious anyway. A few "Leave-it's" and she was fine until we decided we had tolerated our whim enough and took the costume off!

I love having such a good puppy. There's nothing quite like going to the dog park and making all the other dogs look like doofuses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dead End Girl made a promise to herself.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Duct Tape Passport Lanyard
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
How to Make a Duct Tape Woven Belt
How to Make a Duct Tape Travel Shower Caddy
How to Make a Duct Tape Sunglass Case
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...