A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mmm, Taco pizza.  (Read 489 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2006 12:20:44 AM »

I don't know about where you live, but in Ontario (more specifically, the middle of NOWHERE, Ontario) there is a supreme lack of anything Mexican. (Aside from Taco Bell, which seriously isn't.)
 Anyways, long story short, I and the rest of my family are always jonesing for Mexican-style food.

And while Pizza isn't technically Mexican... I'm sure you can forgive me. It's really got kick, and yum.

Anyways, here's my reciepie for Taco Pizza.

Ingrediants: (Seriously, just kind of go for it. I never write down how much of anything I use...  so guess, I guess!)

for the pizza:
Pizza dough (premade or make it yourself, whatever mate!)
Ground beef
"taco seasoning" (if you're lazy like me.)
Lettuce (a small head is MORE than enough.)
Tomato (one small, more than enough.)
Monterey Jack cheese, or Jalapeno Havarati
Marble cheese (or chedder, or mozzerella, or whatever you want as your base cheese)
optional: hot sauce

For the "pico de gueo" sauce (I have no idea how to spell it. Sorry.) which will be used in place of regular pizza sauce

2 jalapenos
1 med. tomato
1 small spanish onion (As small as you can get it!)
1 bunch cilantro
salt to taste

Pico de gueo (Sorry on the spelling.) is, basically, an uncooked salsa.  Super easy to prepare. All you need to make it is a knife, the ingrediants, rubber gloves and a blender.
Slice up the tomato first, then set it aside. Put on the gloves, and slice the peppers, de-seed them, and chop them up in large chunks. Throw those into the blender so you don't have to deal with them. Set in One slice of tomato, then chop up the onions and shove them in. Blenderize it!  While it's blendering, wash and roughly chop the cilantro. Try not to get too many stems in there. Chuck in the cilantro, blender it, then stop the blender and add in the tomato.  Turn on the blender again--but not for too long. Too long and it's too runny. You want some of the tomatoes to be chunky. When that's done, salt to taste. Seriously, it's that easy.

Next, you wanna do your meat. Prepare the beef according to the "Taco seasoning" directions--with one exception. if your package says to add one cup of water, add a half of a cup. Also, if you like it nice and hot,  sneak in some hot sauce while you're amazingly tender mouthed stepdad isn't around. Yum.

While your meat is browning, grate up your cheeses (do 'em seperate), and chop up your lettuce and small tomato (You can do 'em together.). Set 'em all back in the fridge to keep nice. Take a break. Get yourself a drink, grab some tostitos and dip them in your 'pizza sauce'. Yum. (don't worry. You'll have TONS of this left over. Which is good.) Also, turn your oven on to about 425 F

If you chose to stretch the dough yourself, good on you! do this now. When that's ready, pour on some of your lovely, green sauce. spread it around. (if you like a thin crust, go right to the edge of the dough.) Yay!
Now, chuck on some of your 'base' cheese. (make sure to cover the sauce completely, or else it'l burn and look gross.) Hooray again!
 If your meat is done, throw some of that on. If it is not done, wait until it is, then see the beginning of this paragraph. Huzzah! (Not too thickly, unless you like tons of meat, then by all means.)
 Then, throw on the spicy cheese. Yay!
Stick that sucker in the oven, which  should be nice and hot.  Don't burn yourself! It should take ten, maybe fifteen minutes to cook.

Take it out of the oven, and sprinkle on your lettuce and tomato. Let it cool, cut it, then eat it. You can use the extra sauce as a pizza dip, if you like. I won't stop you. It is for eating! It will not keep forever!

PS: are you still wearing your gloves? Seriously? Dude, take them off. What will the neighbours think!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon-Themed Dinner For Dad
A Fathers Day Breakfast
The Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
10-Year-Old Chef With Easy Grilling Tips For Kids
How to Make Breakfast Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...