A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Las Vegans Untie! ROLL CALL!  (Read 11053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xcb
« on: November 05, 2006 06:44:20 PM »

Hi all.

My grrl and I are newish here. (She's rachelo.) We've been in town for about three months now. Aside from the traffic, life is great. In short: We're frigging loving Las Vegas.

I wonder, though! What if we Las Vegas Craftster folks united to... do stuff! Think of the potential purchasing power! The voting blocs we could form! How many of there are us, anyways? What if we laid out who we were, what we did, what we could offer - why... We'd be Voltron-esque! We could storm the Wynn and take it over in the name of STUFF!

I'm talkin' unlimited upward potential!

ROLL CALL!

I'm Tom. 30. I teach ESL Writing at CCSN. I just started knitting and am thinking about getting into spinning. I'm an old hand at leathercrafting; did it as a bidness for a spell, as a hobby long before. I've got a bit of experience in woodwork, but none of the tools to be useful. But if anyone needs leatherstuff or leatherhelp, I'm yr man! I'm also half-proficient at tuning/fixing bicycles and motorcycles. And teaching ESL. Hm.

HI!

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - HLM
rachelo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006 07:22:12 PM »

I'm Rachel, xcb's grrl.  I teach high school English to freshmen and sophomores on the North Side.  I like it when my school's not on the news.

I'm an ADD knitter who takes more breaks than time spent knitting.  I like photography, but my camera's sitting in a bag since I don't have a dark room. 

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerpeachy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006 08:46:45 AM »

I'm Ginger.  I just moved here a couple of weeks ago.  I just got a job as a loan officer for a mortgage broker.  I really love Las Vegas, but I don't know anyone here other than my boyfriend, whom I live with.  Sad

I love to knit, and recycle old things into newer, improved, crafty-er, fantastical stuff.

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
anaelle
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006 08:11:31 PM »

Sam here. I've lived here for nearly a year, working for the Man the state National Guard. Though I've a closet full of craft gear, all I make time for is arguing with my cats over yarn, i.e., knitting and very n00bish spinning.

I've got a pile of crappy old cameras that I never touch, several neglected sketch-books, and a crate full of scrap fabrics and embroidery projects.

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KerriedAway

Goldenly Delicious

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006 07:47:09 PM »

Heya

I'm Kerri.  I've been in Vegas almost a year and a half now.  I teach 4th grade on the east side and I turn 24 next month.  I'm a grad student at UNLV as well.  Boooo.  We tried to gather up the craftsters before.. but it fizzled.  Maybe some new blood would make it happen for real this time? 
I do random craftythings without having something I'm particularly good at.  I knit, re-cover my rocking chair in a halfassed fashion, make cheap wall decor, beaded lanyards that bust when caught on a desk that scatter all over the classroom, cooking, etc. 

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
inward and outward
in this place that i call home
my brain's the cliff, and my heart's the bitter buffalo
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006 09:08:28 AM »

Hellooooo,

I'm Lady Llanalla or Larry if you choose, (yes I, I'm a girl), and I too, strangley enough am in education. I run the Tutoring Club on Sahara and Durango, feel free to stop by and say hi. I have lived in Vegas for about three years with my husband who is a musician instead of a crafter, (well, at least his hobby makes us money). I costume, quilt, embroider, bake, cook, decoupage, bead, cross stitch, have the stuff to scrapbook, and I'm going to felt for the first time this weekend with my friend the Mirth Fairy, who also lives in Las Vegas. I think we would both love to get together with other crafters in town, and she is a WEALTH of crafting info.

What about we just all mob a craft store like Michaels, Joannes, or a coffee shop somewhere?

OH! and I know a woman in town who is a spinner and such who does regular things to show people what she does and as far as I can tell she likes showing newcommers how to gwt started. Her son is a friend and a fellow renny. I did say I was a renny right?

NEXT
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Miss Juliette
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006 06:26:54 PM »

Well hello there. ^^ Never thought to check the craftster boards and see if anyone else out there was from Las Vegas! I'm a native of this fantastic city, and you can blame my mother for the love of sewing and crafting. She has sewn everything under the sun for me, from my baptism gown, to my first communion dress, to every halloween costume I wore up until 6th grade. ^^;

I'm more of a costume girl myself now, I'm really big on anime and video game costumes (I'm a convention whore, what can I say?) and I not only sew, I armor-craft, leather-work, and have a serious obsession with HUGE Victoria's Secret style wings.

I just bought my first house in North Las Vegas (eeeeeee! ^_^ So excited!) with my fantastic boyfriend, and have now been opened into the wonderful world of Home Interior projects. I'd love to get together with some other ladies (and gents) who craft! I'll keep checking the thread!

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcb
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006 06:34:07 PM »

North Side REPRAZENT

word.

?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - HLM
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007 10:21:42 PM »

Okay I really hope that since it's January now, and the last post was in November that I haven't totally missed the boat on Vegas crafter-ness. So anyways here goes:

I'm Dani, I'm 24 almost 25, I've lived in Vegas for three years, I'm orginally from Alaska. I run the It's a Grind Coffee House at Warm Springs and Durango and go to school full time at CCSN. I knit (badly) crochet, embroider and am attempting to learn to sew. I'm also interested in learning to spin my own yarn as well. I have high hopes to open an independant craft store in the arts district downtown that stocks gorgeous specialty yarn (i.e. NOT red heart, lion brand or bernat) as well as consignment crafts from local crafters. I'm still working on how to do that and where I'm going to get money from.

I also own a pet sitting service on the side and am the president of the honor society for community colleges (regional president for nevada/california) so I have like, 15 minutes every 9 days to craft. I spend nearly ALL my spare time crafting though. Or playing with my animals. I love animals too...can you spin yarn out of cat hair? I have lots of cat hair hanging about.

I'm pushing the 'notify me' button on this so I know when someone responds. I would really like to meet other people that are crafty here. Other than my boyfriend/husband (not official, but we're basically married) and the people I work with (who are all 17) I don't know anyone in Vegas. Oh, except two phantom friends I never see. Who don't craft....but drink heavily.

It's getting late and I need to be up at four a.m. I should stop typing now....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Andromeda
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007 05:49:01 PM »

Christel, from Sweden. Live in NW Las Vegas with hubby and 2 kids, ages 5 and 3 (going on 15 lol)

I currently quit my job in a bridal store to focus on my home sewing biz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smurfette

lemonlimedesign.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007 11:45:47 PM »

Hi all, My name is Sue,I'm 46 and I moved to North Vegas almost 2 years ago.Since I'm self employeed (I sell on Ebay) I'm by myself much of the time.....I really haven't gotten out there and met many new people.

I love to craft and paint,although I've been pretty uninspired lately  Roll Eyes

I would love to learn how to knit or crochet and get together with other crafty people.

Let me know where and when and I'm there  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not yet seen

http://lemonlimedesign.etsy.com
Smurfette

lemonlimedesign.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007 09:31:58 PM »

Huh where is everyone?

I ended up giving myself a good solid kick in the pants and set up an etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5063387

I'm inspired again  Grin yay!

Still want to meet up with peeps though.

Does anyone know if there are any craft shows in Vegas? I would love to share a booth and set up with someone if there is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not yet seen

http://lemonlimedesign.etsy.com
rachelo
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007 05:45:14 AM »

Huh where is everyone?

I ended up giving myself a good solid kick in the pants and set up an etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5063387

I'm inspired again  Grin yay!

Still want to meet up with peeps though.

Does anyone know if there are any craft shows in Vegas? I would love to share a booth and set up with someone if there is.

Congrats on your etsy shop!  I don't know of any craft booths, but there are a lot of swap meets.  That might be a good place to sell your stuff.

Hi everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Llanalla

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007 09:51:22 AM »

If any of you are willing to make the Five hour drive, there will be a Faery Faire in Pheonix (at Schnepp Farms) April 7 and 8... I will be selling my crafty wares there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

straw_holder

still striving for perfection...

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007 01:55:04 PM »

Hey everyone.  I'm Laura and my family just moved to Las Vegas in October.  We are currently living in Henderson, but are planning to buy a house in Las Vegas within a month or so.  I am a stay at home mom of three kiddos (ages 4, 3, and 1).  You might think that b/c I stay at home I have lots of time to craft, but the kids keep me hopping most of the time.  I enjoy sewing and baking, but would love to learn to knit and crochet at some point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lenore_nvrmore
have you had your dose of Poe today?

but i love the little tacos...i love them soooo!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007 06:25:02 AM »

Grin hello all
i am Ami mommy to Julien 8 and dw to John
i am a student at ccsn this semester...almost full tilme amd don't work. i am trying to pick up knitting ang crocheting at the moment cuz i can do the sewing thing.  i just don't get around to posting my stuff online very well....shame on me, because i am a photog student. get that ...if that ain't the pot calling the kettle blu, then i don't know what is. tom, what campus are you at? I am at w. charleston.
anyway, all

cheers,
-aMi
[/color]
ps. maybe all you knitters out thetre would be willng to help a sista out with, mayne say....a coffee shop tutorial? i dunno, maybe this could be the start of something big?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007 06:29:16 AM by lenore_nvrmore » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's nothing worse than a sunset when you're driving due west.            
-ani difranco

Au revoir, mes amis.

the photography of my groovy husband John G.
http://www.lasvegasphotography.com
lenore_nvrmore
have you had your dose of Poe today?

but i love the little tacos...i love them soooo!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007 12:21:56 PM »

hi megan what type of stuff are you looing for? interior natural light stuff or studio stuff> i do mostly photojournalistic style stuff. where do you work? i am busy with school right now so i wouldn't be able to say yes/no until prolly after classes are over with this spring. plus, did you want to work this out in trade or do you have a budget set aside? anyway pm me if you want to talk more.

cheers,
-aMi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's nothing worse than a sunset when you're driving due west.            
-ani difranco

Au revoir, mes amis.

the photography of my groovy husband John G.
http://www.lasvegasphotography.com
littlered
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007 09:28:48 AM »

Oh I am so excited to find this! I want to hang out w/ other crafty people! My name is Tiffany and I am 25. I will post more on my lunch break but I would love to get together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Llanalla

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007 05:14:54 PM »

This Saturday...
                       March 17th
                                         St. Patrick's Day

There will be a fun Renaissance Faire related Publicity Stunt going on in Boulder City. If you have any interest come check it out. It should be tons of fun and will be followed by a picnic downtown on the grass. If you feel so inclined, bring a nifty little picnic with you (or buy a fancy little lunch in BC). It should be a very fun time AND there will be at least Craftster Crafters participating in the frivolity and we would love to meet you all. The illustrious MirthFairy (Las Vegas' reigning Queen Fairy), and Lady Llanalla (that would be me (I'm more drably attired as a midwife)) will be running about the streets and we would love to see you all.

If you can't make that, why join us for the Bould City Renaissance Faire April 13th (that's a Friday) and 14th (a Saturday) from 10-9 (I think). Both of us will be present then too, just look for fairy cages and brightly colored crazys. It should be a lot of fun, and we hope to see any and/or all of you out there! You will get to see a lot of craftyness on display I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlered
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007 08:02:46 PM »

Oh that sounds like fun! Will it be at the park in the middle of the city?

So I introduced myself briefly while on break at work. I am 25, have lived her for quite a while, have a hubby, a tabby cat named Neko, and a baby on the way. Really wanting to get back into crafting as my life has become pretty unbalanced lately. Thinking of becoming a teacher, but no sure. Have my Master's and all but still have no idea what to pursue in life.

I like the color green, cranberry limeaides, cats, family guy, making and baking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magnolia

Bob the Angry Sixtopus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007 06:45:40 AM »

Oh my, how exciting! I shall be moving to Vegas in approximately 24 days from Savannah, Georgia (although I'm from Puerto Rico). I'm 25, a recent graduate with a fancy schmancy photography degree (artofmegan, do contact me, I do fashion photography! Well I try to. But yeah I suck at hairstyling!). I run (or not anymore 'cause I'm moving) a craft fair called Mutation which I will be very sad to leave but who knows maybe I can get involved in something similar in Vegas.

Other than obsessively photographing miniatures and cupcakes, I am trying to start a little handbag + accessories business and eventually own a Handmade-Boutique (either online or brick 'n' mortar). There are so many crafts I would love to get my hands on.

Is there any crafty meets around there? Though I'm ultra excited to finally move (and road trip across America) I'm a bit afraid that I won't get to meet too many people and that I'd be all alone or something (it's just the nerves you always get prior to moving to a different environment, I'm sure I 'll make new friends).

But yeah, awesome! Hope to hear from y'all! (That's right, 'cause I'm bringing Y'allBack.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007 06:53:44 PM »

Okay, I have a few quick confessions to make: a) I'm horrible at correspondance unless I am absolutely hounded to respond, so I apologize for the fellow Las Vegans that I was all fired up to talk to for about three minutes before I disappeared. b) i'm a recovering agoraphobe and am just now becoming able to leave the house for anything other than doctors appointments. (I've been too two bars and two shows on the Strip in the last two weeks!)

I DESPERATELY would like to meet up and get to know the other crafty people in Vegas and would love to maybe even start a craft mafia or stitch n' bitch group, also, I'd like to eventually be able to work with enough other people who are into crafting to maybe start getting tables at local events (First Friday, etc.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
mstngnettie
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007 03:49:27 PM »

yay!! People in Las Vegas! My husband and I moved to LV a year ago. I LOVE it but we work from home. Alas that means no friends Cry . I got myself a parttime job at Micheals on Lake Mead and Tenaya but going to work is just an excuse to buy more craft stuff. I started a craft "how-to" website since I am always crafting. I would love to get together with fellow crafters. I glass paint, make candles and soap, bead, and everything you could imagine for a house! My intent in college was interior design but decided working was more important. We should plan to get a group together sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nettie
www.CrafterHeaven.com
"Click and Create!"
samdu122
seamstress extraordinaire

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007 03:51:11 PM »

hi, anyone still here?

i'm sam, live in NLV, 40 yrs old, new mom (WHOAH!), who suddenly finds that she really misses crafting!!  i sew, make bead jewelry, play with polymer clay, and a few others. 

would love to get together- i'll even host an afternoon get together at my house, so we can meet each other, if anyone else's interested.  i'm a darn fine cook!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007 04:23:42 AM »

Hi there! Im Amber, I have lived in Vegas for about 19 yrs, and im 21. I live with my husband, father, brother (16), sister (19) and her bf (and their new born baby), our dogs (Murphee Leigh, Taz and Dylan Killian) and a plethora of other living things (except cats, i only like kittens, and only sometimes lol)

I craft alot, everything from scrapbooking to crochet to sewing to polymer clay to painting to anything that catches my fancy that day.

im a stay at home wife, and i vacation ALOT. this is my first post, but you will see my work soon, if you peruse the purses and bags forum.

i am so down to meet new people who craft! i love sharing ideas and inspiration. hopefully someone out there will be interested in chatting...please contact me via any of the ways listed on my profile here, or click my MySPace link to find out more about me. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
elifante
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007 10:36:14 PM »

Hi,

Havent posted in forever. I work at the library, used to teach (never again). I havent really crafted in forever. I have pretty much moved focus on buying and selling clothes and blogging(besides working).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007 11:48:01 PM »

hi back! which library? and why do you hate teaching? was it the work, or the kids, or the lack of ability to really teach them anything due to the oppression and lack of ambition from the school board here in Clark County?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
instantk4rma

Junior mycologists have questionable morels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007 11:52:39 PM »

Hey everyone. Samantha here Smiley I knit, sew, crochet, make polymer stuff, and generally like to uh..  make stuff :-p

I live right next to UNLV. I've been trying to find more friends around here that craft, so anyone around here that wants to get together and do stuff, definitely send me a PM Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jace_miller
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007 06:03:15 PM »

Hello, I'm Jace andI have lived in Las Vegas going on 22 years.  I am currently a stay at home mom but not really since 3 of the four boys have graduated and moved on.  I do still have the youngest (16 yo) and am attempting to start a business from home.  My husband, However, thinks that since I "work" from home that means I am also available for any and every errand he can come up with.  I need outside stimuli before he gets hurt by a crochet hook or something.  We lived out in the Summerlin area until recently.  We moved in February to an older ranch-style home in an older part of Las Vegas.  (Remember the movie "Casino"?  The house that DeNiro used is one street over.)  Anyway, would love to meet with other craftsters and reconnect with the outside world.

I Crochet, sew, cook, bake, paint, sculpt (wood), trying to learn knitting, recon and anything else I can think of.  Can't  wait to hear from some other Las Vegans and maybe get this party started.

NEXT!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007 06:08:58 PM »

<<parties little...im on too much medication...lol....BUT i throw a mean picnic! hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jace_miller
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007 06:09:54 PM »

Also, just to let you all know. . .there is a craftshow at Cashman Field the first weekend in November.  It is a Steve Powers show and I do know there are spaces still  available.  I am still on the fence if I will do this one as I am not sure I have enough inventory done.  I did it last year (my very first show) and it was a huge success for me.  I know Steve has a website, I think it's www.stevepowers.com but not sure.  If not, do a search for his name.  Good luck to all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007 03:29:30 AM »

on the calendar for next year!! thanks for the heads up...

if my life isnt in shambles, i will definitely be there (me and my hubby LOVE going to craft/art shows and festival-y things..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green_eyedgirl81

Stop molesting STEWie bunny!

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008 11:27:11 AM »

Is this thing on?  I hope I didn't miss the boat in finding and replying to this post.  Anyways, I am from Vegas orig.  born and raised (3rd generation infact - rare, I know).  I moved away for awhile and lived in Utah, Colorado, California, and Washington but now I'm back.  My husband is in the military and will be gone for 2 years overseas so I'll have a lot of free time and would like to get together with some other local crafty people.  I live on the southwest side (The Lakes/ Mountain's Edge area).  I am into sewing (pretty much anything but quilts), beading, resin, papercrafts, anything that strikes my fancy.  Even though it's just me in the apartment, we got a two room so that I would have a craft room.  I'd like to learn metalworking, crochet, knitting, and glassworking.  Let me know if you would like to get together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget your towel.
Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008 06:23:52 PM »

Hi my name is Mars, I am 42, have lived in Vegas 30 yrs. I have 2 kids a boy 17 he goes to Bishop Gorman and lives at home and a girl 20 who goes to CSN and has recently moved out. I work for my fathers parts company. I sew, paint,embroider, and home can 75 percent of the jams, jellies and vegies we eat. I also have a home  ( where I grow my fruit and vegies on a drip system) in Dolan Springs, AZ where I spend weekends at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008 09:11:51 PM »

why dont we organize a meeting at one of the fabric stores...ill call around and see how much it is to rent the space, and we could all meet and gab about our projects
THIS ROCKS   Logged

uropygid
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008 10:17:44 PM »

hey this isn't totally dead? cool.
also in the Vegas valley, more in the Henderson/Green Valley area. i mostly do a lot of visual art (drawing), trying to get back more into crafty stuff... i dabble in sewing (mostly toys), a little sculpting, a little beadwork, used to do leatherwork.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Max

live in the MN metro? I'm always up for craft meets!
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008 09:24:17 AM »

awesome iatro, nice to *meet you* lol

i try to post whenever someone else does....help keep the thread at least a little actve lol...

i wish i could draw, but abstract is pretty much my best skill when it comes to drawing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vamping
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008 03:32:32 PM »

*waving*  Kist moved here from FL.... I mostly do papercrafts

*wa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachelnm
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008 03:27:11 PM »

I know I'm reeeeeally late to this post but I wanted to get in on any crafty get togethers. I've resorted to starting my own crochet/knit get together. But I'm always open to anyone else who may want to get together! I'm pretty new to both knit & crochet & some of the people in our group are totally new, never even touched a hook or needle. So, if you're interested let me know. I'm in the Henderson area & looking into some areas to start having the get togethers. As of yet, we haven't started. I'm going to start something after the first of the year. Just email me at rachelnmason at gmail dot com if you are interested!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ddeeferry
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009 07:24:32 PM »

Hi, I'm Dee. I've been in Vegas a year. Don't know many people. Love to craft have no idea what I am doing but think I can do anything! Having fun! I would love to get together with others. Anyone interested email me at ddeeferry@yahoo.com. I am also wondering if anyone knows how I would go about finding metal or plastic fleur de lis emblems. I want to glue them onto things I will be making for family down home in n'awlins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buckleigh
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009 01:09:33 PM »

I'm Buck (online).  I've lived in LV for 8 years this spring.  After almost 20 years in retail I lost my job last fall.  Live with my boyfriend. (He is paranoid about online identity theft so I cant even put his name here) 

I am a self-taught crafter: knit, crochet, quilt, can do a lot of other types of crafts (needlepoint, sew, bead work, scrapbooking, cook).  Come from a long line of crafters and most of my siblings do some type of craft.  Even the BF makes his own cards.

Buck
crafty guy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MrsSkeletonMachine
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009 11:52:44 AM »

Looks like I'm a couple of years late, but does anyone still check the Vegas board?

I'm working with a group to put on a FABULOUS DIY arts & crafts festival  in October of this year (2009).  We are looking for the finest, funkiest, most colorful crafters and artists that this city has to offer.

I know you're out there!*wink*

Please help me in upping the crafty culture of this city. If you are interested, email me at:
Senorabrown75@yahoo.com

Shanene

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011 12:46:07 AM »

I'm even later, but is anyone still here??  I just joined the site and this is my first post anywhere, ever!  Oh yeah, my name is Michelle, I am 33 years old, and my favorite thing to do right now is make hair pretties!!  I also dabble in a plethora of other things, when I'm not teaching.  (Lots of crafty educators, huh??)  So what's the deal?  Did this go anywhere??  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
cynabel
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013 07:18:01 PM »

Well, last post was in 2011. Here I am - in Vegas for over 12 years (think this makes me a native now).  Love to craft - crochet, some knitting, sewing, jewelry (just started in on this one).   Where are all the Vegas people???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rbarkeravellino1117
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013 02:54:52 AM »

I see the most recent post was in Feb. But I'll post a reply anyway in hopes someone is still "here"... I do so many different crafts its too many to list. I've wanted to learn how to crochet, and even tried bartering (ASL for crochet-or other etc.) but no one seemed interested. If anyone is still interested in getting together & crafting I would love to! I've lived in Vegas 7yrs(on&off) and still do not know anyone...my 4 walls are tiring-time to see something other than WalMart, grocery stores or Drs offices!lol         Well I guess I've done enough rambling for now...if any crafters are still wanting to meet up/share ideas please feel free to contact me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The One That I Want
24 Hour Lip Gloss FAIL: CoverGirl Vs. Maybelline
Makeup for Ninja Halloween Costume
Selena Gomez-Inspired Makeup Tutorial
Classic Makeup Tutorial: Cat Eye and Red Lips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...