A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Las Vegans Untie! ROLL CALL!  (Read 10311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xcb
« on: November 05, 2006 06:44:20 PM »

Hi all.

My grrl and I are newish here. (She's rachelo.) We've been in town for about three months now. Aside from the traffic, life is great. In short: We're frigging loving Las Vegas.

I wonder, though! What if we Las Vegas Craftster folks united to... do stuff! Think of the potential purchasing power! The voting blocs we could form! How many of there are us, anyways? What if we laid out who we were, what we did, what we could offer - why... We'd be Voltron-esque! We could storm the Wynn and take it over in the name of STUFF!

I'm talkin' unlimited upward potential!

ROLL CALL!

I'm Tom. 30. I teach ESL Writing at CCSN. I just started knitting and am thinking about getting into spinning. I'm an old hand at leathercrafting; did it as a bidness for a spell, as a hobby long before. I've got a bit of experience in woodwork, but none of the tools to be useful. But if anyone needs leatherstuff or leatherhelp, I'm yr man! I'm also half-proficient at tuning/fixing bicycles and motorcycles. And teaching ESL. Hm.

HI!

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - HLM
rachelo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006 07:22:12 PM »

I'm Rachel, xcb's grrl.  I teach high school English to freshmen and sophomores on the North Side.  I like it when my school's not on the news.

I'm an ADD knitter who takes more breaks than time spent knitting.  I like photography, but my camera's sitting in a bag since I don't have a dark room. 

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006 08:46:45 AM »

I'm Ginger.  I just moved here a couple of weeks ago.  I just got a job as a loan officer for a mortgage broker.  I really love Las Vegas, but I don't know anyone here other than my boyfriend, whom I live with.  Sad

I love to knit, and recycle old things into newer, improved, crafty-er, fantastical stuff.

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
anaelle
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006 08:11:31 PM »

Sam here. I've lived here for nearly a year, working for the Man the state National Guard. Though I've a closet full of craft gear, all I make time for is arguing with my cats over yarn, i.e., knitting and very n00bish spinning.

I've got a pile of crappy old cameras that I never touch, several neglected sketch-books, and a crate full of scrap fabrics and embroidery projects.

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KerriedAway

Goldenly Delicious

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006 07:47:09 PM »

Heya

I'm Kerri.  I've been in Vegas almost a year and a half now.  I teach 4th grade on the east side and I turn 24 next month.  I'm a grad student at UNLV as well.  Boooo.  We tried to gather up the craftsters before.. but it fizzled.  Maybe some new blood would make it happen for real this time? 
I do random craftythings without having something I'm particularly good at.  I knit, re-cover my rocking chair in a halfassed fashion, make cheap wall decor, beaded lanyards that bust when caught on a desk that scatter all over the classroom, cooking, etc. 

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
inward and outward
in this place that i call home
my brain's the cliff, and my heart's the bitter buffalo
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006 09:08:28 AM »

Hellooooo,

I'm Lady Llanalla or Larry if you choose, (yes I, I'm a girl), and I too, strangley enough am in education. I run the Tutoring Club on Sahara and Durango, feel free to stop by and say hi. I have lived in Vegas for about three years with my husband who is a musician instead of a crafter, (well, at least his hobby makes us money). I costume, quilt, embroider, bake, cook, decoupage, bead, cross stitch, have the stuff to scrapbook, and I'm going to felt for the first time this weekend with my friend the Mirth Fairy, who also lives in Las Vegas. I think we would both love to get together with other crafters in town, and she is a WEALTH of crafting info.

What about we just all mob a craft store like Michaels, Joannes, or a coffee shop somewhere?

OH! and I know a woman in town who is a spinner and such who does regular things to show people what she does and as far as I can tell she likes showing newcommers how to gwt started. Her son is a friend and a fellow renny. I did say I was a renny right?

NEXT
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Miss Juliette
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006 06:26:54 PM »

Well hello there. ^^ Never thought to check the craftster boards and see if anyone else out there was from Las Vegas! I'm a native of this fantastic city, and you can blame my mother for the love of sewing and crafting. She has sewn everything under the sun for me, from my baptism gown, to my first communion dress, to every halloween costume I wore up until 6th grade. ^^;

I'm more of a costume girl myself now, I'm really big on anime and video game costumes (I'm a convention whore, what can I say?) and I not only sew, I armor-craft, leather-work, and have a serious obsession with HUGE Victoria's Secret style wings.

I just bought my first house in North Las Vegas (eeeeeee! ^_^ So excited!) with my fantastic boyfriend, and have now been opened into the wonderful world of Home Interior projects. I'd love to get together with some other ladies (and gents) who craft! I'll keep checking the thread!

NEXT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcb
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006 06:34:07 PM »

North Side REPRAZENT

word.

?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - HLM
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007 10:21:42 PM »

Okay I really hope that since it's January now, and the last post was in November that I haven't totally missed the boat on Vegas crafter-ness. So anyways here goes:

I'm Dani, I'm 24 almost 25, I've lived in Vegas for three years, I'm orginally from Alaska. I run the It's a Grind Coffee House at Warm Springs and Durango and go to school full time at CCSN. I knit (badly) crochet, embroider and am attempting to learn to sew. I'm also interested in learning to spin my own yarn as well. I have high hopes to open an independant craft store in the arts district downtown that stocks gorgeous specialty yarn (i.e. NOT red heart, lion brand or bernat) as well as consignment crafts from local crafters. I'm still working on how to do that and where I'm going to get money from.

I also own a pet sitting service on the side and am the president of the honor society for community colleges (regional president for nevada/california) so I have like, 15 minutes every 9 days to craft. I spend nearly ALL my spare time crafting though. Or playing with my animals. I love animals too...can you spin yarn out of cat hair? I have lots of cat hair hanging about.

I'm pushing the 'notify me' button on this so I know when someone responds. I would really like to meet other people that are crafty here. Other than my boyfriend/husband (not official, but we're basically married) and the people I work with (who are all 17) I don't know anyone in Vegas. Oh, except two phantom friends I never see. Who don't craft....but drink heavily.

It's getting late and I need to be up at four a.m. I should stop typing now....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Andromeda
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007 05:49:01 PM »

Christel, from Sweden. Live in NW Las Vegas with hubby and 2 kids, ages 5 and 3 (going on 15 lol)

I currently quit my job in a bridal store to focus on my home sewing biz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an HDR Image in Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Rotobrush Tool in After Effects
Where to Find 3D Visualization Resources
How to Use Free Stuff from Google in Funtimerhinestone
How to Take 3D Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...