A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would like feedback for my website!  (Read 907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bebopchan
« on: November 05, 2006 08:35:02 AM »

Formerly Rainbow Noodle Soup, formerly Bebop's Shop, formerly Neko-Chan's Necessities, tis now:

Zombie Bear Designs!

I sell pouches and hammocks for chinchillas, sugar gliders, and ferrets, and I also sell other stuff on the side...but it's not there yet.

Here's the site:
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.rainbownoodlesouppets.741.com') (yeah it's the old link, and yes there are pop-ups everywhere, but I will have a domain name soon with NO pop-ups at all!)

It's nowhere close to being done, I just wanted some feedback on the overall design.
Thanks!
>^.^<

**EDIT! New Link, no ads! Maybe I can get feedback if there aren't any ads? >^.^<

Let me know what you think of my website!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007 09:23:21 PM by Bebopchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love doing personal swaps!
Crafts: sewing, crochet, some knitting, new spinner, felt mascots, and whatever I can get my hands o
>^.^<
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006 09:31:18 PM »

I found the backgrounds to be very distracting.  They are cute, but hard to shop.  I also thought the home page was a bit confusing, it took me a few moments to figure out where the products were.  Other than that, you have great products.  The big thing I have been seeing is about photo's, how they should have a white background and be consistent.

I gave my ferret to a rescue group after we found out my husband was practically deathly allergic, so I know how much ferrets love pouches and hammocks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006 09:06:06 AM »

heres my personal opinions....

1. the background is far too busy. i had no idea where to look, where the actual logo was, where the shop name was etc.

2. the whole page scrolls madly, even on my large resolution. you really need to sort this, and center the entire thing, otherwise it just looks unprofessional.

3. how do you buy/order?

4. why does it say konnichwa at the top? are you based in japan?

5. all the pages need to look the same. having different backgrounds/fonts/font sizes is very distracting and off-putting.

6. in terms of the actual product - it would be great to see these in action, how they work.

i really love the products though (even though i have no pets), and the fabric choices are great too. i hope i've helped, without being mean Cheesy let me know if you need any more help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hbic
Home Deconomics

A little home ec, a little home dec

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006 08:45:29 PM »

I couldnt even get past the home page! Too much going on aaaaaaah! It's too big, I also had to scroll right.

The black background and fuzzy font are very, very hard to read.

You have such a huge page yet the space devoted to pics of your actual product are tiny! The animal pics are very sweet (I had no idea what the heck a sugar glider was) but I think they should be smaller than your product pics, if you use them at all.

Ok, I went back to explore...your link on the bottom I thought said "Happy Costumers" and I went there thinking I'd see pics of your customers' animal in your pouches! Which might be a neat idea actually...
 Is Customers misspelled or is it just the font?

I would pick one background and use it on the whole site.

The links to ferrets and chinchillas dont go anywhere.

Your products are very cute but your web design steals all the thunder! I suggest taming it waaaaay down and let your product take the front seat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hand made home decor
Bebopchan
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006 01:18:44 AM »

totally re-made!

but not totally done, but this is the basic design!

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.zombiebeardesigns.com')

what you think?

>^.^<
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007 09:23:54 PM by Bebopchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafts: sewing, crochet, some knitting, new spinner, felt mascots, and whatever I can get my hands o
>^.^<
april_cocaine
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007 11:23:17 AM »

It's definetly looking better, here's my run down

1 - you really have to get rid of the background, particually as you have two different ones which are both very distracting. You'd be better off having a plain colour background and using the zombie bear picture in your actual page logo.

2 - the navagation menu is looking much better! Everythin is laid out really clearly, I can see everything that is availiable, and it is also more obivous what you are selling.

3 - the actual pages look good too. clear font, easy to read etc.

4 - you do need to get  a shopping cart sorted too. I use mals-e.

all round it's looking really good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bebopchan
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007 02:13:54 PM »

how exactly do i use that particular shopping cart? is there a walkthrough? I attempted it before, but...I couldn't get it.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>^.^<
PrincessKae
if the crown fits....wear it.

Kreatively Khaotic.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007 02:45:00 PM »

Your site has a great foundation but the backgrounds are very distracting. I'd make the background a solid color and make a logo with the zombie bear and stars. Also, I'd center the page. and fix the scrolling.

a shopping cart is always a plus. So the customer knows exactly what their purchasing and the total with all of the taxes and shipping.

There are a few links that aren't working and just bring up a blank page. (Cage Sets and Supplies)

It looks like your headed in the right direction.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

erikabadger
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007 02:57:40 PM »

Your critters are so cute! 
I also have to agree with the background comments - it should be a solid color, and remain the same for each page.  Make the bear your logo!
The layout on the side is really easy to navigate.  There is a grammatical error on the order page - it should read, "You and your pet are going to love Zombie Bear Designs!"
Way to go with starting your own business - good luck!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.castonerika.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/erikabadger

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
 "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Bebopchan
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007 03:37:05 PM »

I'm not sure what is wrong with the scrolling or how to fix it?

but I made the background plain. I was told to leave the bears and the stars, but I guess it does make it less distracting.

Still trying to figure out the shopping cart.
It's really confusing because I don't charge tax and I can't give them the shipping price unless I know exactly what they're ordering, what will fit in a priority box, or if their order with just go into an envelope.
Can I make it so they just fill out their order on an order blank? and then i could send them the total by Paypal?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>^.^<
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eliminate Brassy Blond Color Without a Trip to the Salon
Easy, Breezy Mermaid Hair Tutorial
Gold Tipped Braids at Mara Hoffman NYFW 2014
Half Up Bella Thorne Hair Tutorial
How to Change Your Hair from Day to Night Look
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...