A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Barry Manilow  (Read 413 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GettysburgFife
« on: November 04, 2006 05:42:15 PM »

I don't know if there are any other "Fanilows" in here or not.  I'm wondering if there would be any interest in a Barry Manilow swap.  I've loved him forever (okay, since I was 4 and yes I"m only 23, but still!)

There are SO many cool things we could do with this one!  I'm just thinking with the release of his new cd and all.  I'd be up for organizing (I've been dying to organize something.)  It would only be fitting that it be Barry (my hubby proposed with a Barry song!)

Let's get some Fanilow crafting love going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/GettysburgFife

PM me for Personal Swaps
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006 07:49:21 PM »

Ooooh...please, please, please do this--just do sign-ups next month and send-outs in Jan.  I LOVE Barry.  I got to see him on his last (and supposedly last) tour and it was so great (but not as great as the first time I saw him).  I'm 31, and my first musical memory is of dancing to Copacabana on the fireplace with a wooden spoon as my microphone.  Manilow journals, purses, CDs (CDs have to at least include songs that only true Manilow fans would know), frames....it could go on and on.  I hope other people show interest in this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006 10:14:00 AM »

Come on everyone!  Don't let the Manilow dream die!  I really want to craft Manilow style!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
GettysburgFife
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006 12:06:19 PM »

I recall being jealous of EVERYONE with the name Mandy when I was in school.  When my hubby proposed he sang "Who Needs to Dream" and then proposed in front of an audience of over 500 people.  (Middle School Spring Concert...)  I've seen Barry 3 times.

I have a lot to thank Barry for.  I got two jobs because of connections I made because of Barry.  I started playing in a community band and the president introduced herself and had a Barry shirt on and it was the start of a wonderful friendship.  I'm now her assistant bandfront instructor and I also got my temporary teaching job because of staying with the band...  And it may now be leading to a full-time permanent position.

If nothing else we could do a personal swap!  I wouldn't mind that.

I can see t-shirts and ATCs.  Posters/collages, hats, jewelry (oh what I wouldn't do for a cuff bracelet with Barry on it!)  Purses, totes, messenger bags.  Boxes, trays....

Oh, I'm so hoping we get more interest!!  I'm thinking sign-ups through maybe mid-Decemeber with sendouts mid-January/end of January.  I like ample crafting time...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/GettysburgFife

PM me for Personal Swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katie Holmes Sports Tight Leather Pants
Metallics: Do’s and Don’ts
Three New Ways to Wear Stripes During the Summer
Kate Moss Sports a Bohemian-Style Outfit in St.-Tropez
Tips for Finding the Perfect Swimsuit Fit
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...