A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the short attention span scarf is done!  (Read 1297 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elliebelly
mixed media artist

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2006 02:00:05 PM »

the perfect pattern for everyone of us who is a little bit adhd  Roll Eyes

it was a fun, challenging but still fast, knit and my daughter is really enjoying the result!  essentially, i just worked through different stitches, using a stitch dictionary (because my daughter liked the swatch, where i had tried the yarn out in three different stitches.)  it turned into a fabulous opportunity to try out lots of stitches that looked interesting, but that i haven't yet felt like committing to doing an entire sweater in.  i'm going to try and write up the pattern if i get some time this week, but you don't really need one.  the basic idea is to just stay with a stitch until you're tired of it -- all you have to do is insure you select patterns that take the right number of stitches (and you may want to give a preference to stiches that look good on the wrong side or are reversible and remember to keep a garter stitch border on stockinette based stitches so the edges don't roll).

best of all, it was the perfect one skein project.  i think i'm going to do one for myself in double stranded silk and cashmere yarns.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006 04:40:09 AM by elliebelly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amor,amor
*Formerly Known as tinxerb377*

SWAP ADDICT!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006 02:11:24 PM »

Ohh that scarf is so cute! I wich we had winter so I could actually wear scarves , instead of buying them and using them for room decorations and as headbands  Tongue. Your blog cool too and I like your cats. Keep up the amazing job!
 Amor
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of my art:
http://mariaisabel.deviantart.com/

**Lemonadelemonade is my homegirl**
elliebelly
mixed media artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006 02:16:48 PM »

Ohh that scarf is so cute! I wich we had winter so I could actually wear scarves , instead of buying them and using them for room decorations and as headbands  Tongue. Your blog cool too and I like your cats. Keep up the amazing job!
 Amor

thanks amor Smiley  we live in alabama, so we can just barely justify scarves.  we are struggling right now with having to send one out of state for school, and the only way i'm coping with it is by thinking it means he's going to need wool sweaters Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006 02:18:44 PM »

cute and fun...I want to make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
elliebelly
mixed media artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006 02:22:42 PM »

i've just had to promise two of my friends i would write up the pattern, so i will post it here, but really, you can tell that what i did was to just keep my stitch dictionary open and pick whatever appealed to me (and had the right number of stitches) and then do it until i got tired of it Smiley  it's the ultimate in soothing knitting projects.  plus, it's a little bit edgey without being over the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit This

Where there is yarn, there is ideas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006 08:36:26 PM »

Very pretty. Knitting is time consuming but rewarding once you finish something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNIT THIS
RomBookLover

All I hear is blah, blah, blah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006 08:35:52 PM »

i've just had to promise two of my friends i would write up the pattern, so i will post it here, but really, you can tell that what i did was to just keep my stitch dictionary open and pick whatever appealed to me (and had the right number of stitches) and then do it until i got tired of it Smiley  it's the ultimate in soothing knitting projects.  plus, it's a little bit edgey without being over the top.

I do this a lot, too, because I just can't stand knitting the same stitch over and over and over ...  I've taken to calling 'em Sampler Scarves; a great way to practice new stitches and still produce a wearable item.

~ Carrie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetarian Soup
Tuna Tartare with Avocado and Fried Wontons
How to Make Tofu with Pork
Thai Beef Salad
Teriyaki Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...