Swap name: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Miss Violaceous
Sign-up date range: 11/4/06-11/18/06
Date to send item by: 12/4/06
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? n/a
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, if <18 please check with your parents first. If needed, for <18 people I am willing to arrange a partner who has a long swap history and is thus very unlikely to be an axe murderer or a big hairy pedophile.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Is crazy: YES
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
3. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
- great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
- good/poor communication: where applicable
- sent late/early: where applicable
- no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
4. Lateness is okay, shit happens, but sending more than a few days late will risk a feedback notation, and not being communicative with myself and your partner will risk a poor communication note.
5. Send unto others as you would have them send unto you. Do some research on your partner. Check post history, signature, and profile links for little details that will help personalize your package. It's like picking out the perfect present for someone, and it's lots of fun!
6. Everyone who is sending a package within the boundaries of their own country is obligated to use a delivery confirmation number.
This is for your own protection, and it's Craftster's rule, not mine. If your country makes it prohibitively expensive to use delivery confirmation or tracking, even when sending packages domestically, PM me and get permission not to use it. Otherwise, if you aren't shipping across borders and you don't use one, it will be noted in your feedback. If you are excused from using one, you must save your receipt from the post office.
7. It's a damned good idea to take a picture of your package before you send it.
8. PM me and your partner with your DC number when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and thank your partner. Post pictures in the gallery within a reasonable time afterwards.
Details of swap:
This is the MAGIC YARN BALL SWAP!! You will send your partner a project kit consisting of a one-skein pattern and yarn of corresponding weight/length for the pattern. The really fun part is that you will first make the yarn into a "magic yarn ball." This means that you re-wind the yarn yourself, hiding little trinkets and treats inside the yarn as you go. Some ideas already suggested include tiny toys; candy; crafting supplies; jewelry; etc.
A good description of a Magic Yarn Ball is here: http://whipup.net/2006/04/25/kids-yarn-project-the-magic-wool-ball/
Original swap idea discussion here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108329.0
Round one thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112974.0
Round one gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116415.0
Since we're all crafty people, it goes without saying that we should craft some of the treats ourselves. I suggest, as a guideline, 15-20 things in the yarn ball and 4-5 of them be small crafts made by yourself. Feel free to exceed these guidelines, and check out the round one gallery for inspiration.
When you sign up, let your partner know if you already know what you want the yarn for ("I would like yarn so I can make the MagKnits Sophie Bag"); or, if you have a general idea ("I would like yarn and a pattern for a felt handbag"); or, if you just want a surprise pattern. If you have more than one idea for a pattern, feel free to give your partner a choice of patterns to choose from.
This is for one-skein or one-ball projects. However, there is a question on the sign-up questionnaire about doing a pattern with more than one skein. If this interests you, provide details and I'll do my best to match people up by that.
Please don't ask your partner to supply you with a photocopied pattern from a book (which is against copyright). There are tons of free patterns out there online- this is a great opportunity to get that special yarn for an online project you've been meaning to try. Or, you can ask your partner for the yarn to go with a pattern in a book that you already own.
If you want to participate, copy this form, fill it out, and PM it to the organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 2
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?:
What one-ball/skein project(s) do you want to make with your magic ball? (if you know what pattern you want, include the link to that. Or, indicate if you prefer a surprise):
Are you interested in negotiating for a more than one skein pattern? About how many skeins?:
Do you want a pattern for knit/crochet or something else?
For the above, please indicate your skill level so you get a pattern that suits you:
Stitches/techniques you like best or want to experiment with:
Preferred yarn types (e.g. wool, acrylic, cotton, etc.):
Any yarn (or other) allergies?
Things you can make to go in the magic yarn ball:
Things you would like to receive in the magic yarn ball:
Anything else you want your partner to know:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.Swap Participants
(Finished with feedback.
)1. Miss Violaceous2. stellato_escuro3. Madeleine094. gerbilocity5. ambraqi6. tristitia7. sharre
8. WhisperedEternity9. webdreamy10. Kristen8111. Ezri_B12. eenodol13. calswimgal14. laminathegreat15. princess*of*capri16. jese17. Avesthel18. dp4nrw19. dexterchickk20. knitormiss21. kgo605022. Miss_Vicki23. super geek
24. milwjamie25. penguino26. craftydeb27. ozarkcat28. BlooCanoe29. thetiniestspark30. fyberduck31. ms.scarlett32. Instar
33. RubyTuesday34. Dulcinea35. rachpie2236. librarylass37. Saor38. ibmomof239. vampirebunny40. jezebel738341. Radioactivecrafter42. missamorphosis43. SlickMariaVicPartners!
Green: swapper has sent
Blue: swapper has received but not sent
Purple: swapper has sent and received
Yellow: late but communicating
Red: late without communication, PM me now!
Italics: all done with feedbackMiss Violaceous
<<<>>> ibmomof2 dexterchickk
<<<>>> super geekkgo6050