A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 16 Gallery  (Read 32597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2006 04:15:13 PM »

I got 2 more AMAZING packages today!!

From SewPixie, I reeceived my resin and sequin necklace.  Well, not just 1.  Or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.  I received SIX of these lovely pendants!  AND some gum (which I am not sharing!)  AND a dragonfly hole punch.  (SewPixie, if you have a better picture, please post it - my camera isn't cooperating very well tonight)

And then, a red t-shirt with dragonflies stenciled on it. (I hear you conspired with Miss Mermaid on this one?)

AND 3 lengths of wide ribbon.

Sew, I wanted to publicly thank you for your generosity... and you thought I would MIND that you send 6 pendants?  Are you out of your mind???

THEN >>>>>>  I received a Magic Yarn Ball, which was on my wist, from TofuttiBreak!!  All I know for certain is that it's a fabulous lavender Cascade 220 wool... and Tofutti?  I'm dying to start knitting so I can unwind this ball of treasures.... but where's the pattern?  PLEASE don't tell me that it's in the middle somewhere???  Unless the plan was that I get to unwind everything to see what you've hidden in there?

Ok, I couldn't stand it any more - so I started winding up the yarn, and these THINGS kept flying out - and then there was a piece of paper.... and more stuff... and another piece of paper..... and in the very center, another piece of paper.

so here's all the stuff - zippers, thread, stitch marker from felt and buttons (i thought there was a row counter, it was the buttons... i am NOT complaining)...A COUPLE OF BIG, FUN BUTTONS, a tapestry needle, 3 lengths (long ones) of ribbon, point protectors so my knitting doesn't fall off the needle.... they were SOCKS!!

oh, and the pieces of paper?  they were hints... check this out!

The really narrow one is a URL for the pattern.. for a Sophie Felted bag, which is one of the things I really really wanted! (and we'll be printing this out on the color printer at work tomorrow)

This was fun... it was like a kidnapping, cept this was fun!  I love the idea of the hints!

I feel so spoiled today.... so I thank you both, publicly, and from the bottom of my heart!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:43:07 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2006 04:45:46 PM »

Why did I not think of putting a magic yarn ball on my list?  I know I say I don't want to get yarn but it is so much fun to get all the neat things on the inside - and it would actually force me to make things.

I want to make resin stuff so badly!  Our local snobby lobby carries the resin and molds and whatnot - it is just a matter of doing it I suppose.  I should put that on my Xmas list for my hubby - resin stuff... so cool!  If I had that I would just be dangerous - completely and totally dangerous!  Everyone would be getting one with a package I sent - it could be like an evil mastermind leaving behind a calling card!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2006 07:33:53 PM »

I may have some other pictures of the pendants, I will take a look at how mine turned out.

Here is the story with them...when you work with resin, pay attention to the directions! My husband has told me this too many times to count. I did not mix for long enough so the first batch I did is STILL sticky and sitting in the mold. So I tried again, and got 5 of the ones I sent you. The 6th was from the batch the one I sent to sassysword came out of. I couldn't quite recall how I wrapped the one for sassysword so I just sort of winged it, and tried multiple times to come up with something. I figured, heck, I may as well send them all! Mix mix mix with the resin! And yes...I did ask Miss Mermaid about your t-shirt size. Smiley I have a few t-shirts that I've been picking up on the clearance racks so I have a small stockpile of them.

Oh yes and I did take a few photos while wrapping one of them since you mentioned you would like a tutorial. In the course of wrapping them for you I came up with a way that is really easy and secure though I am a bit torn on if I like all the wrapping up at the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2006 07:49:39 PM »

Well, all I can say is that they're great - though I wonder how long the sticky ones still in the molds will take to cure? <G>

I'm taking the pendants to work tomorrow to show off - there's a woman there who has been watching with interest, so everytime I have something new to show - either received, or ready to send out - I take it in and show her - so far, she's been VERY impressed with the craftsmanship from the generous crafters who have chosen me - I'm so spoiled! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2006 07:56:15 PM »

Here they are! They have tiny little air bubbles in them that the one from the older batch didn't. My guess I stirred too fast maybe?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
shooting star
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2006 07:58:31 PM »

Those pendants are really gorgeous  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back

spirit day was crazy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2006 07:58:53 PM »

here is the journal from DONTLOOKBACK  i adore it, its perfection in a writers hand!

and here is the bracelet AND EARINGS!!! from LACHRYSTELLE

theyre awesome and a very gorgeous color scheme

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 02:52:26 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

join the september wish list swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193590.0

www.wists.com/MissMermaid

enjoy felting? want to trade for some wool dreads? PM me!
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2006 08:11:00 PM »

Those pendants are really gorgeous  Smiley
And they're MINE, all MINE!! (except for the one I shared with my favorite daughter, and the ones i'm going to share with my 2 moms.... well, you get the idea)

Aren't they fabulous? (I'm so spoiled)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
shooting star
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2006 09:50:54 PM »

And they're MINE, all MINE!! (except for the one I shared with my favorite daughter, and the ones i'm going to share with my 2 moms.... well, you get the idea)

Aren't they fabulous? (I'm so spoiled)

You forgot to add in a manic laugh there! Wink heehee

and yeah they are really fabulous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
la_chrystelle
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2006 11:18:33 AM »

here are the quilting pieces I have received from homerof2 I love them, thank you!! the purple one with the little angels on it is my favorite!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Studded Shoes
FIRST LOOK: Antonio Berardi - London Fashion Week Spring 2014
Finding the Perfect Biker Jacket
Style Sound Off: Blake Lively, Nicole Richie, and Victoria Beckham
Gown Trends For Upcoming 2013 Award Show Season
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...