A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea bag wrappers (foil-paper)  (Read 675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

slgn

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2006 10:33:25 AM »

Okay... I've been drinking a lot of Stash tea (red aka rooibos if anyone cares).  They pack their tea bags in little foil backed paper packets.  I've been considering finding loose tea so I wasn't throwing out so much unrecycleable packaging (guilt, guilt, guilt) but then I thought, maybe I can do something with them?

I'm not interested in the outside packaging.  The label isn't very interesting to me - unlike how some craftsters save candy wrappers FOR the logo.  So I'm really looking at what I could do with the foil-side but am open to any suggestions.  Also the foil can be removed from the paper (with a lot of patience, I think - have yet to completely remove all paper from foil).  When you open them up flat they are about 2.5" wide x 5" long.

I'm sure I could make wrapper bracelet/rings but I'm not very interested in that though.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
dogperson
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006 03:23:05 PM »

yeah so biglelow tea was buy one get on free at the grocery store.  i'm feeling the same guilt.  im usually a 100% celestial seasonings drinker...not individually packaged.  i'll be interested to read suggestions for this.....before i drink all the tea and throw away the packaging.

(also, i live in boulder.  im kind of they might throw me out for not supporting local business AND creating more waste!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

people person?  no, i'm more of a dog person.
slgn

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006 12:21:10 PM »

well dogperson, maybe you and I stand alone.

My original trial found that you can peel the foil from the paper.  If I'm patient enough I could then recycle the paper and give the foil to a card-making friend of mine or something  Huh  dunno

I also found this: Tea Bag Handbag (on craftster).  Not really my thing since the labels don't really thrill me but I thought it should be included here.  I love craftster!

Maybe I should just save them up and swap with another crafter that wants them?

ETA: I guess I could laminate (contact paper) multiple ones and make bookmarks?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006 12:24:11 PM by slgn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Soft Hanging Bun
How to Make a Cute Twist Hair Style
How to Do a Up-Do for Curly Hair
How to Create an Up-Do Hair Style
Learn About Curling Irons
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...