A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fuzzy bear panta  (Read 1696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenefor
« on: November 02, 2006 10:23:44 PM »

OK so I'm not sure if this is the right place but really wasn't sure where to post.

Anyhow I wanted to make a cute little hat like thing but I don't like to wear full hats that much. I love the pantas but wanted something fun so I got some fur andmade a little fuzzy bear panta for me Smiley. It was fast and easy to make (just made it on the fly) In this pict I have it tied behind my pigtails but if I tie it under my chin it actually becomes earwarmers as well (wasn't planning on that but I was happy)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006 11:42:23 PM »

This is adorable! I have been planning on making a beary hood for my nephew, but I think this is an even better idea! And now I want a white one for me... Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
what katie did
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006 06:26:35 AM »

aww lol how cool is that! Cheesy can you briefly describe how you made it? it's really fantastic, i'm quite enthusiastic about it at the moment  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms. Rosie

Helpz Mommee is a cwazee cat ladee!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006 09:14:32 AM »

Smiley That is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ok, so I am the crazy cat lady.  Live with it.
ica_grnKhameleon

I see a green chameleon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006 04:56:03 PM »

I love it!!! It must be warm, and the color really compliments your eyes!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
    The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
    Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
        Alexander Pope, "Eloisa to Abelard"
        English poet & satirist (1688 - 1744)
dollmaker

Sweet Home Alabama...you made that!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006 05:01:56 PM »

That is so cute !! I think I have that same fur or something similar to it. I just think you look to gorgeous in it !!! I must have one!

Cristina  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo
jenefor
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006 05:40:38 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words. I guess I will try to explain how I did it (I didn't take picts for a tut (i cant work like that Tongue)

Anyhow I just cut a rectangle out of the fur (about the size I wanted when it is folded in 1/2)

I then folded the material in 1/2 and placed it on my head and marked where I wanted to place the ears.

I then made little slits in the fur so that I would be able to inset a ear in each (make it kinda smaller then the ear base that you think you are going to make. And set is aside.

Take some more of the fabric and put two pieces of the fur (fuzzy side together) you can either now draw or free sew the ears (just make 1/2 circles) in whatever size suites you (leave the flat end or bottom of the ear unsewen)

Flip the ears right side out and contort them however suits you. Stick them in one of the wholes you had cut and then sew them in (just a flat seam works fine) but make sure you sew a bit further out then the ear and whole so you dint have any holes when your done.

Do the same for the other ear.

Now turn the rectangle right sides together  and you are going to sew the long seam (but keep about 3 inches in the middle unsewen...this way you can finish it nice and neat)

Just a note...the bottom seam will be in the middle bottom of the panta so keep that in mind.

Now cut two pieces of ribbon however long you like for the ties.

You are going to pull the end of the panta through that little 3 inch gap you left. get it all flattened out how ever you need to and place the ribbon in there so that when you sew the seam it will stick out on the finished end. (you can either sew straight across or you can do a curved end like I did...again you can draw or just freehand it)

Pull that end out of the 3 inch gap and do the other side just the same way.

Now that you are done your panta should be all flattened out (don't forget to trim the ends for a nice neat look (fur can get bulky).

The final step is to get the little 3 inch section and tuck in the raw edges and sew a med size zig zag on it so everything is closed up nice and neat (the zig zag will get lost in the fur Smiley )

I hope that helped those of you who wanted to make one Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicecarrie
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006 10:59:08 PM »

That is sooooo cute! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Eskisehir Stone Sculpting
How to Make Clay Pottery
How to Make Ceramic Art
Top 5 High Tech Public Art Masterpieces
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...