A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cotton Candy Bunny Hat  (Read 1150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2011 07:35:56 AM »

My daughter brought home the Velveteen Bunny book from school. (ah the memories of balling like a baby when I first read that book as a child. Fortunately, this was a child's version so it wasn't so bad) I plan on making her a bunny soon but I don't know when I will be able to get to it. I might make it a Yule Gift if time allows lol. I made her this hat for now. I had some baby yarn left over from a hat I made a long time ago so I used it to make it soft and fluffy. I didn't really expect her to wear it to school because to me it looked like a baby hat (probably because the yarn was marketed that way) but when she got to school everyone swarmed her. They loved it. Now it is her current favorite hat. I love it when I can make something she loves  Grin What do you think?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 08:22:30 AM by AprilDraven » THIS ROCKS   Logged
11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011 08:39:39 AM »

You know, if you added a big red jewel on the front, she'd look like Mokona.
I love it!!! Do you have a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
susanab
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011 08:40:28 AM »

I think your daughter is as cute as can be and I think that the bunny hat is WONDERFUL! I think that the sweet pastels might make it look slightly younger but this style of hat is SO IN. In NYC, where I work, I see very hip young adults wearing these starting now, season wise.

GREAT JOB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011 08:47:53 AM »

You know, if you added a big red jewel on the front, she'd look like Mokona.
I love it!!! Do you have a pattern?

Thanks, you are right! If you added a jewel it would  Grin

I think your daughter is as cute as can be and I think that the bunny hat is WONDERFUL! I think that the sweet pastels might make it look slightly younger but this style of hat is SO IN. In NYC, where I work, I see very hip young adults wearing these starting now, season wise.

GREAT JOB!

Thank You! Really? People in NYC are wearing stuff like this? I had no idea. I live in a very small town in Michigan lol. Interesting to know Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011 09:56:32 AM »

Very cute hat for a very cute girl!  I'll just bet she was swarmed!  This is very IN IN IN with young girls and older girls too.  I have been trying to get a pattern at Joann's on sale (during one of their 99 cent pattern sales) and miss out on a very cute hat pattern (to sew) every time the sale is on.  They sell out of it as soon as the sale starts, so I am going to have to rush to Joann's the next time they have the sale.

I've seen these type animal hats everywhere - even at Walgreens (a drug store chain here in the Midwest) they have sock monkey hats, pig hats, and MONSTER HATS, and others - we wore hats when I was in high school (long time ago), and I'm glad to see hats are back. 

Your daughter is just darling in her bunny hat.  Nice job, Mom!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011 10:15:13 AM »

Very cute hat for a very cute girl!  I'll just bet she was swarmed!  This is very IN IN IN with young girls and older girls too.  I have been trying to get a pattern at Joann's on sale (during one of their 99 cent pattern sales) and miss out on a very cute hat pattern (to sew) every time the sale is on.  They sell out of it as soon as the sale starts, so I am going to have to rush to Joann's the next time they have the sale.

I've seen these type animal hats everywhere - even at Walgreens (a drug store chain here in the Midwest) they have sock monkey hats, pig hats, and MONSTER HATS, and others - we wore hats when I was in high school (long time ago), and I'm glad to see hats are back. 

Your daughter is just darling in her bunny hat.  Nice job, Mom!   Cheesy

Thank You! That is really good to know. Maybe I will make some more animal hats  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Great Photographs
How to Take Pictures of Wild Animals
How to Choose the Right Lens for Your DSLR Camera
How to Achieve Artistic Lens Flare
How to Take Great Spring Break Photos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...