A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: halloween costumes?  (Read 1044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

windsy
« on: August 31, 2007 08:44:09 AM »

this is my first ever topic ive started.  anyway, i noticed a few people have been posting some costumey things lately.  its almost halloween time!  its my favorite holiday because you get to make a costume and play dress up and go to parties.  whats not to like?  last year i had a fairy costume, with a sort of...velvet bodice that laced up the back like a corset.  and then there was a long flowy part that hung down...i need a camera, seriously. 

anyway, i was wondering if maybe people would like to post pics of their halloween costumes here, or maybe their ideas.  its about time to start thinking about what to make this year.  and i havent had any good ideas yet.

any takers?

(forgive me if this has already been discussed previously)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cuteness is addictive
MyDestny
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007 11:04:27 AM »

I will be making two this year. My friends daughter has decided to be a puppy and my daughter (always over the top) wants to be Cat Woman.

For the puppy costume I will probably make a one piece hooded costume with big floppy ears. I'm hoping to make it spotted but we need to go fabric shopping.

For Cat Woman, my daughter has always been obsessed with those hooded unitards and has been begging for one since she was like 7. I found some cheap on ebay so I think we will buy a shiny black one and put stitches in it. Then try and find a cat eye mask (like Haley Barry)! It will be TONS easier then the other years!

She's pretty creative in her ideas. So far she has been a dragon, a traffic light, a blue M&M (when they first introduced them), an angel, a traditional Princess (like Drew Barrymore in Ever After), a genie (w/ a bottle!), a hippie, a 50's waitress (on roller skates), Foxy Brown, a gypsy (I wanted it to look tattered like a real gysy would so I did a lot of ripping), AND Modern Alice in Wonderland (w/ big puffy tulle skirt).

It's definitely one of my favorite holidays too because I get to be the costume designer I've always wanted to be!

BTW, if no one else responds, I think there is a running post about costumes in the Sew Along section. I think it's full of two years worth of posts so you can probably get some awesome ideas there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i finished off the rest of the ice cream so i expect to be having another butt in the morning!!

www.etsy.com/GeneriOnline
http://www.generionline.com
fabeins

Not all those who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007 11:05:05 AM »

There's a thread on the sew-along page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pair of Earrings
How to Make a Silver Ring
How to Make a Crystal Pendant
How to Make a Beaded Necklace
Yves Behar Argues Swiss Design No Longer Exists
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...