A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: November 2006 Birthday Swap - MOVED TO CLOSED SWAPS  (Read 9122 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2006 01:10:47 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO IN.

NEW RULES: In order to comply with the new swap rules, ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send a gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send.  Negative feedback will also be given to those who don't send a thank you note.  Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: November 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jesintexas--I AM NOT A NOVEMBER BABE (organizers may change every month)
FOR POSTING BRITHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 11/01/06-11/20/06
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 11/1/06-11/30/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages! (need parent's permission if under 16)
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in November, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once I PM you and let you know you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in November for you to craft for someone.   If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - when you get chosen, you must choose a fellow November babe to send a birthday wish to before 11/30/2006.  You must also send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.  Failure to do either of these things will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Please state at the beginning where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see that you have been chosen and what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

Original idea thread and discussion located here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "November 2006 Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to POST A LIST FOR YOUR NOVEMBER B-DAY, you must send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- November 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Your Birthday:
Did you read the rules carefully?
Do you understand that after someone chooses to fulfill one of your wishes,   you are required to choose a wish of a fellow November babe to fulfill before 11/30/06?
Do you understand that you are required to send a thank you note (via snail mail) to whomever sends to you within 2 weeks of receiving?

If you want to SEND TO A CRAFTSTER BIRTHDAY, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- November 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Real name
Mailing address
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already an November birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. PLEASE PUT "NOVEMBER 2006 BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP" IN ALL PM's!!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

THE GALLERY (where you all will post pics of everything you get!):

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=131374.0
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006 08:41:40 AM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006 01:12:42 PM »

NOVEMBER BIRTHDAY BABIES - in alphabetical order
chosen at least once
chosen more than once

POSITIVE FEEDBACK

bhean - Nov 22
crumpet13 - Nov 13
devilninny - Nov 11
GettysburgFife - Nov 5
gossamer_gull - Nov 10
indieanajess - Nov 17
kairichan - Nov 18
kelsorama - Nov 4
Knichole - Nov 11
knitting_nyxxie - Nov 1
Lylyfai - Nov 25
MariskaLovesCrafts - Nov 22
mintlatte - Nov 11
missamorphosis - Nov 27

onthinice - Nov 16
patty_o_furniture - Nov 24
riario - Nov 13
Samsara - Nov 17

SewingLori - Nov 4
silentdementia - Nov 4
SilverWing - Nov 3
tofuttibreak - Nov 1
Winter83 - Nov 1

Non-November Birthday Craftsters Who Want To Make Your Month Special

alwaysinmyroom   Kiss
danderson   Kiss
SewPixie  Kiss
MissMermaidStrikesB ack   Kiss
kitkabbit  Kiss
Dulcinea   Kiss
Banga   Kiss
risingphoenix  Kiss
ashestoashes   Kiss
veganxwater   Kiss
jesintexas
   Kiss

Who is Crafting for Whom

• kairichan is sending SilverWing a surprise --- Send by Nov 21
  • SilverWing is sending tofuttibreak granny square fingerless gloves & a surprise --- Send by Dec 9
  • tofuttibreak is sending patty_o_furniture puppets --- FLAKED (with good reason) - NEED ANGEL
  • tofuttibreak is sending gossamer_gull a gaming dice pouch --- FLAKED (with good reason) - NEED ANGEL[

SENT PACKAGES - WOOHOO!

• GettysburgFife is sending knitting_nyxxie a DIY embroidery kit --- SENT
  • silentdementia is sending crumpet13 customized matchbook notebooks --- SENT

THANK YOU NOTES: NEEDED OR SENT

• indieanajess is sending kelsorama a scarf & a surprise --- SENT
  • kitkabbit is sending kairichan some anime/manga stuff --- Needs thank you
  • Lylyfai is sending tofuttibreak a toaster cozy (mmm...toast) --- Needs thank you
  • kelsorama is sending silentdementia a pin cushion --- Needs thank you
  • gossamer_gull is sending indieanajess some fun & wacky pictures --- SENT
  • MariskaLovesCrafts is sending kairichan beads --- Needs thank you
  • MissMermaidStrikesB ack is sending kelsorama tiny kanzashi hair pins --- SENT
  • silentdementia is sending GettysburgFife a wisty surprise & something from Ireland --- SENT
  • alwaysinmyroom is sending Kairichan some Japanese goodies --- Needs thank you
  • danderson is sending Knichole the One Skein Wonder pattern --- SENT
  • alwaysinmyroom is sending SilverWing a surprise --- Needs thank you
  • crumpet13 is sending bhean a surprise --- SENT
  • ashestoashes is sending kelsorama mini day of the dead shrine/ ATC --- SENT
  • silentdementia is sending Winter83 a pin cushion --- Needs thank you

COMPLETED

• Samsara is sending MariskaLovesCrafts some craft magazines --- RECD
  • Banga is sending MariskaLovesCrafts a cute, soft keychain --- RECD
  • kitkabbit is sending Lylyfai a paper umbrella, fabric scraps & a journal --- RECD
  • Miss Mermaid Strikes Back is sending mintlatte wrist warmers --- RECD
  • onthinice is sending SewingLori the market bag from her wist & a journal --- RECD
  • patty_o_furniture is sending missamorphosis homemade bath products --- RECD
  • jesintexas is sending onthinice beautiful roving --- RECD
  • winter83 is sending riario a knitted scarf --- RECD
  • missamorphosis is sending gossamer_gull a homemade bookmark --- RECD
  • mintlatte is sending knitting_nyxxie embroidered pillow cases --- REDC
  • devilninny is sending Knichole stationary --- RECD
  • Knichole is sending winter83 a surprise --- RECD
  • SewPixie is sending Samsara a stenciled t-shirt --- RECD
  • Dulcinea is sending silentdementia altoid tins & fabric --- RECD
  • risingphoenix is sending patty_o_furniture shrinky dink pages & pony beads --- RECD
  • Miss Mermaid Strikes Back is sending crumpet13 fingerless gloves --- RECD
  • devilninny is sending knitting_nyxxie drawing/coloring supplies --- RECD
  • kairichan is sending devilninny a surprise --- RECD
  • tofuttibreak is sending Lylyfai some fabric --- RECD
  • kelsorama is sending indieanajess miscellaneous "junk" and a sponge brush --- RECD
  • SewingLori is sending Lylyfai handmade soap & a load of scrap material --- RECD
  • Lylyfai is sending SewingLori a wisty surprise --- RECD
  • bhean is sending tofuttibreak some Blythe clothes & ephemera --- RECD
  • kelsorama is sending riario a knitted headband --- RECD
  • riario is sending crumpet13 a surprise --- RECD
  • ashestoashes is sending patty_o_furniture polymer clay --- RECD
  • knitting_nyxxie is sending devilninny dangly earrings --- RECD
  • alwaysinmyroom is sending onthinice a surprise --- RECD
  • Lylyfai is sending bhean an altar cloth --- RECD
  • alwaysinmyroom is sending devilninny a skirt (or 2) --- RECD
  • gossamer_gull is sending onthinice a surprise --- RECD
  • silentdementia is sending SewingLori a cable knit bag --- RECD

Please let me know if there is incorrect information in any of the above lists.  I really appreciate the help. Let's make this a great swap!  Wink

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007 09:39:48 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006 02:20:04 PM »

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!

Hello, I'm Lori from Salt Lake City, Utah. I am turning 28 on Nov. 4th. What can I tell you about myself? I am married with a two year old. I have pretty simple tastes. Feel free to check out my wists and other links in my signature. I really like Anthropologie and vintage stores. I've just recently started knitting and I'm excited about it. I want to learn to make needle felted things.

Here are a few things I'd like for my birthday:

1. Cable Knit bag
2. Needle Felting Kit
3. A croquet stuffed duck
4. A pink and brown messenger bag
5. a big bag of felt beads or roving to make my own
6. a handmade journal with neat paper inside
7. A surprise! Smiley

Thanks in advance for picking me. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 10:31:25 AM by SewingLori » THIS ROCKS   Logged

winter83
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006 06:20:12 PM »

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!......and I'm at home sick!

Hi  my name is Jennifer and I live in a little town in Southern Illinois.  I turned 23 on November 1st. I am in college and I’m a fine arts/welding major.  I do many different crafts and I’m always up for learning more. Except scrapbooking…….Crafts that I do are jewelry making, mosaics/stained glass, sewing and loom knitting, stenciling..  Being an art major I do drawing and painting and normal stuff like that. I also do a lot of photography I just finished setting up my own darkroom. You can check out my wists to see things I like. Also I have a myspace, crafting blog, and a flickr for all you good little stalkers.

Things I would like

1. Really good easy instructions on how to knit the real way. I can only to loom knitting and I haven’t been able to figure out how to regular knit from books and stuff. Somebody to come to my house and teach me would be good to lol
2. I want to learn how to spin my own yarn and dye it so a kit for that would be awesome.
3. A cool purse that’s roomy and has lots of pockets. There are several examples of purses I like in my wists.  I would really like one of those made out of ribbon.
4. A dog sweater for my beagle. We weighs about 30 pds or so       
5. A roll for my paint brushes. Like a knitting needle roll but for brushes needs lots of pockets.
6. Hello Kitty hat on my wists
7. A wind chime
8. A cute pincushion like a cup cake or something cute like that. Thanks Silentdementia 
9. A surprize  Thanks Knichole
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006 03:41:51 PM by winter83 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MariskaLovesCrafts
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006 01:00:09 AM »

My name is Mariska and I'm turning 30 the 22nd of november. I live in the Netherlands.
I love cute things especially from japan. I have been to Japan last year and I really want to go back!  My favorite colors are warm colors, red, orange, purple etc and white.
I have too many hobbies, making jewelry, sewing soft toys, skirts and bags, playing videogames etc. Some of my favorite videogames are pikmin, loco roco, Katamari. I work in a videogame company as a 3d modeller. I love animals especially hippos, pugs, butterflies and koala bears.

This is my wishlist:

- an amigurumi , because they are so cute!

- Yarn, to make a hat.

- retro fabric or colorful flowerly fabric.(to make bags/ wallets, pincushions)

- Cute handmade soft keychain Thank you Banga!!

- Foreign Craft/Sewing magazine (Im dutch) Thank you so much Samsara!!

- Something inspired by my wist

- a stenciled/screenprint tshirt size Small

- soap making kit, I love to learn new crafts:)

- A swap journal

- A suprise!

Thanks in advance! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006 10:47:21 AM by MariskaLovesCrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006 10:56:09 AM »

Hello from Kansas, USA! My name is Tracie and I'll be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my 30th birthday on November 27. (Yes, that means 40. Smiley) I collect butterflies & buttons, and I'm a craft-a-holic. I first realized I was addicted to crafting when...er, wait...anyway--I love earth tones and my favorite colors are pink and hunter green, although not necessarily together. I'm the mother of one 15-year-old daughter, two dogs, and a significant other. I'm amazed at all the wonderful crafty talent here on Craftster, so without further ado, here's my list:

• Something from my Wist list or inspired by it. The link: http://www.wists.com/missamorphosis
  • Something to do with or has butterflies.
  • A really funky & fun vintage charm bracelet. I really like this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=597701
  • Vintage and modern buttons to add to my evergrowing collection.
  • A pair of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers for my daughter in black & gold, her school colors. She has small hands...just something to keep in mind.
  • I have a wonderful collection of journals, but none are homemade. I'd love to have one!
  • A mermaid art doll.
  • Homemade bath items such as soap, lotions, body butter, etc.
-I just saw that this was picked. Yay! Thanks patty_o!
  • Yarn--any kind, any color, any amount.
  • A handmade surprise!

Happy Birthday to me...and all the other November babies!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006 08:46:32 AM by missamorphosis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006 12:26:27 PM »

Hi! I'm Colee, I'm from Utah (USA). I'll be 28 on the 11th. Im in love with Elvis, vintage Hawaiian, Disney Villains, The Nightmare Before Christmas, knitting, crocheting, Strawberry Shortcake, pin-ups and stationary.
Here's my little list... but seriously, I'd be happy with anything b/c I love a good birthday suprise.

~ yarn. It doesnt even have to be new, it could be left overs from your stash or left overs.
~ fun stationary, if you made it, all the better.
~ I would *die* for a pair of these... but they look really hard to make so I dont feel right asking someone to make them for me, but if you happen to have made these and didnt like them, you can send them my way Wink
http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/samhain05/snowballschance.htm
~ a suprise
~anything inspired by my wists
~ the one skein wonder pattern

Thank you! Happy Birthday us!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006 08:20:26 PM by Knichole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

riario
:*

expecting our first!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006 12:56:14 PM »

Hi, Im Maria from Chicagoland. I turn 29 on the 13th and stop counting after that  Wink. I work at a non-profit in Chicago and my fianc and I just bought a house. I like earth tones, no pinks please they clash with my red hair and I dont really like pink anyway.
1- Embroidered kitchen towels (I like the Sublime Stitching patterns especially the Sushi Bar & Chinatown my kitchen has an Asian & red theme)
2- something fun & knitted like a headband, knucks, mittens, scarf or arm warmers   THANKS winter83 & kelsorama
3- small Animal Stuffie of a turtle, elephant, owl or some unusual animal
4- how to kit for embroidery or needle felting
5- medium sized purse
6- something inspired by my wists
7- cast resin pendant
8- Christmas stuff (nothing cutesy please)
9- hat with brim like this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130809.msg1272094#msg1272094
10- a surprise  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006 12:13:24 PM by riario » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006 01:52:37 PM »

Hey all, I'm Karen from Missouri, USA, and I'm turning 39 - Gimme a hoo-ya for us soon to be geriatric crafters!  I'm into science fiction and fantasy:  Battlestar Gallactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, etc.  I love renaissance faires, medieval reenactments and all the historical crafty stuff that goes along with them.  My colors are jewel and earth tones (blues, purples, greens, reds, yellows, browns, oranges).  Tone on tone combinations, white/black, and vibrant color combinations are great.

1 art doll - fantasy, voodoo, hoodoo, creatures, that sort of thing
2 MaryElla wrist cuff
3 handspun and/or hand dyed yarn
4 roving  Thanks jesintexas
5 marbled paper
6 oven glove - I am klutzy with hot stuff and have the scars to prove it
7 handmade rubber stamps
8 anything scooter related
9 something wist related
10 a surprise  Thanks alwaysinmyroom and gossamer_gull

Thanks and Happy birthday, guys!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 02:10:28 PM by onthinice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters.
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006 01:58:19 PM »

HI!  I'm a SAHA (stay at home artist - haha - oh and mum too) in Acton (near Toronto), Ontario Canada.  I'll be turning 34 on the 22nd.  I've put my sculpting career on hold to have my babies (#4 is due on the 5th - yeah!  Another November baby!) but still manage to get my creative juices flowing with Craftster.  My favorite colours are black, red, purple, cobalt.  I really dislike pastels.  I adore skulls, greenmen, cool stripey-legged dolls, medieval stuph (Huzzah! SCA), and general goth-y goodness.  I love ephemera, embellishing, and anything old and crusty....yum.

I do have a wist: www.wists.com/bhean for inspiration

OR

- any width of self-adhesive, stained glass copper foil

- Sugar skull molds (oh joy!)

- silkscreening emulsion and/or emulsion remover

- ephemera - for ATC's, collage, altered books - I adore anything vintage (pre-70's), esp. housewives, bathing beauties, crazy appliances, kids, weirdness!

- Unusual Toys for You to Knit and Enjoy booklet by Jess Hutchison - I'm hoping I haven't missed the boat on this one.

- PMC - OMG is this stuff so cool or what  (Instructions would be really useful too)

- Japanese crafting books or mags - even not in english is ok

- Resin casting kit

- lampwork bead kit (without torch)

- this is a long shot, but I'd love a Mamaponcho in black - http://www.mamaponcho.ch/home_EN.html

- ANYTHING with this embalming fluid logo silkscreened on it:http://www.missmary.com/downloads/collage-sheets/vanity/labels.pdf

- I desperately need a knitting needle roll (either in Japanese or Gothy-type fabric)  I have no time to make one and am sooooo tired of sifting through the bottom of a box!

- art dolls- creepy or fantasy or both!

-- black or red skull & crossbones towels http://pixelgirlshop.com/item.php?item_id=533&category_id=54

- Largish black wiccan altar cloth with a pentacle quilted, appliqued, silk screened Thank you so much Lylyfai!!!

- I love these twinkly lights! http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/lugh06/partylights.htm

- A surprise

Thanks so much and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you November babes!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006 08:10:53 AM by bhean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to Scrapbooks Ideas
How to Find Scrapbook Stores
How to Organize Your Scrapbook Supplies
How to Make a Collage Sheet
How to Make a Photo Collage
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...