A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery - November 2006  (Read 37741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2006 06:09:22 PM »

ooooh  Wink!

ah lucky you, I wish I could over to a Joann's since such good things seem to be there!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2006 05:21:26 AM »

Homerof2 and I did a personal swap - I sent her some crochet squares for her craftster afghan - used as packing material for what she really was after - hot sauces!

Here is what she had sent along to me - and I am so tickled to get her package!

First off in the box..
2 snowmen - one dressed in blue - which my youngest son claimed - He loves blue!
and one in green - which is my oldest son's favorite color.
They put them in their play room to decorate - and great timing on getting this package as they are all excited about decorating for the holidays!  They wanted me to put up the tree - but I had to put my foot down - not before Dec 1st or at least til after Thanksgiving!

and a close up - Homerof2 is an awesome painter!

Next in the box was something that was on my wists - a sign to decorate my laundry room - already up and hanging.  My youngest son is still giggling about the "laundry - drop your pants here" on it.  He thinks it is funny.

Next up is an awesome bird for my yard!  I have not been able to put it outside since getting it thanks to Mother Nature hammering us with cold and a ton of rain (I saw flooding when I picked up my kids from school yesterday.  It was just amazing - and the rain wasnt' even halfway over by that time!
Here is a close up of the details
and then a pic of my oldest son holding it!  The boys are fighting over where in the yard it is going to go but ultimately it is going to end up in my upcoming shade garden - which I am breaking ground on in a week or two (nice to live somewhere where you can plant shrubs in the winter - since the summers are so hot and dry here they suggest you plant in the fall and winter here!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
shooting star
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2006 07:11:12 AM »

Those snowmen are adoreable!  Your really talented Homerof2 - I will maybe have to try and bribe you for a swap next christmas for a snowman!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2006 08:30:02 AM »

too cute! Love the snowmen...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2006 08:43:14 AM »

MrsBlocko and I swapped fabric squares for a million square quilt, and then we decided that we would swap a scissor fob (that she made) for even more fabric squares (that I cut for her).  The scissor fob she made for me is beyond fantastic.  Here's a picture of the whole thing:

And here are some close-ups of the wonderful beads:

When I first saw it, I thought it might be too long, but the length is wonderful!  I can flip the fob over my wrist and it totally stays out of the way while I cut.  I love the fob the pieces!  Thanks MrsBlocko!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 02:55:05 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2006 09:17:46 AM »

A scissor fob! What a cute idea. (And those beads are just lovely!)

Anyway, I received a lovely package from batgirl a couple days ago! I was making her a couple shirts (which have yet to arrive), and she made me a felting kit, and some items from my wists. They turned out fantastically... Cheesy  (but excuse my awful/strange photos... I need a camera that can take close-ups a little better... I have a problem with lighting..)

First of all: roving! In multi-colours (I didn't even understand what roving was, so I'm glad it came in the mail.). Bright green, blue, fuchsia and yellow! (brighter than they look too!). Needles came too....

Then: button bracelet! (Came with matching earrings!)... Nice fun colours

Then... charm bracelet! (With my favourite sort of plastic charms!)

Then... tape measure flower necklace! I love it (and I didn't know they made tape measures in that awesome colour!). This also came with a tape measure bow bracelet (probably my very favourite thing!!), but that has found its way into my daily wear... *NOTE: The button in the middle is mother-of-pearl'y, not green!

Thanks batgirl! This was a huge and also awesome package!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2006 10:38:17 AM »

Rosali begins to hyperventilate at the sight of the beautiful wooden bird...

Homerof2 your woodworking and painting skills are truly amazing; I'd give anything to be able to create such gorgeous objects. *Sigh* if wood wasn't so expensive to ship over the Atlantic I'd start pestering you day and night to make me a wooden turkey Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2006 11:10:18 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments on my wooden items!  I love cutting and painting but don't seem to find enough time lately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2006 11:36:50 AM »

homerof2--you are amazingly multi-talented!!  I so admire your items and your skills--the bird and the snowmen are wonderful!!  You are so generous with your time, especially with your hectic schedule!! WOW!

I never knew I needed a scissor fob until now....it is lovely and, uh, so needed--badly needed--must have needed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2006 04:10:35 PM »

Today I received some ATC's from my personal ATC swap with Teeisme and I also received an awesome package from Kaos!!

So first the ATC's:

There are two MCR ones and a crow related one!!

And noow for the adorable hooded scarf Kaos sent me!! Its a black kitty ( if you can't tell  Wink)

Here it is being modelled by a pillow  Tongue the paw prints are on each end of the scarf! So cute.

And a close up of the face! I adore that bow!!

Oh and I might as well add this one:

miss abby modelling it  Wink

Thank you so much Kaos you are awesome to swap with - hope to be doing lots more in the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Healthy Chicken Stir-Fry
How to Make a Peranakan Kobis Kledek Masak Lemak Dish
Around The World In 80 Ways: Susur Lee
How to Make Chinese-Style Spare Ribs
Chicken Teriyaki Gyros Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...