OK, enough already! I give in, I'll pass on my scribbled notes, with no guarantee that they'll make sense to anyone else!
I'm just going to write the number of stitches in each round and assume that you know how to increase and decrease. Semi-colons separate the rounds, assume you start with chain 2 & crochet into the first stitch, or with a magic ring (except for the fingers). For any fiddly bits I'll try & explain it more. Inc 2 means do 2 sc in one stitch, dec 2 means reduce 2 stitches down to one sc.
I made Wicket from the bottom up.
Foot (make 2), cream yarn:
6; 12; 24; [(popcorn stitch for toes, all done in one stitch:dc x 3, take hook out, put in 1st stitch & pull loop through) sc in next stitch] x 3 (this is not full round); change colour to brown, BLO dec 2 rest of way round, sc in each of popcorn & sc (6 st), end up with 15st; 15 x 3 rounds.
Inc 2 x 3, [sc, inc 2] to end of round, FO, leaving a longish tail of yarn.
[sc, inc 2] x 3, inc 2 x 3, [sc, inc 2], do not FO.
To join feet together:
Do 10 sc on RF, mark 4 stitches from FO on LF, join there and do 20sc, join RF and do 10sc. Sew gap together with yarn from LF.
Carry on with rest of body:
40; 40; 36; 30 x 5 rounds; 24 x 5 rounds; 16, FO
Head, starting from top:
6; 12; 18; 24; 30; 36 x 6 rounds; 30; 24; 18; 16, FO
Ears (make 2):
5; 10 x 4 rounds, FO
Arms, from fingers up (make 2):
With cream yarn ch 5, into 3rd st from hook [do first part of dc 3 times, leaving 4 loops on hook, pull through all 4, sc into same st], do part in brackets into next 2 st, changing colour to brown at the end. Ch1 & turn. Sc into first 6 st, 2sc into each of the 3 st on other side of initial 3 ch. End up with 12 st. 12 x 5 rounds; 10 x 7 rounds, FO.
Put together in the normal way. I used 9mm black eyes and embroidered the face before I completely stuffed it & sewed to body. I used brown embroidery thread for the nose & lips, white for the teeth, and grey wool for the fur on the face & the tips of the ears. If you had fluffy grey yarn it might work if you made the head from the nose using the grey yarn, then changed to brown for the sides & back of head.
I winged this & didn't write it down. I think one made of felt would look nice and might be easier. Basically, with lots of checking to make sure it fit, I made the front first, starting at the bottom left hand corner of the face hole, did 3 or 4 rows of sc. This made a thin strip to go round the sides & top of the head in front of the ears. I joined the ends to make the front bottom part of the hood, decreasing at the edges to make the irregular triangle shape. The back was just rows of sc increasing & decreasing at the edges to make a shape that would fit the back of the head. I sewed the front & back together, leaving holes for the ears, I think I also did a bit of oversewing around the face hole to neaten it a bit. I did a few large stitches with the brown yarn to make it look like the stitches on the real thing. I also slip-stitched (crochet) around the bottom edge of the hood for neatness. That sounds so complicated!
Check out flickr for a few more photos that show the back & sides of Wicket, and what he looks like without the hood (bit of a narrow neck for an Ewok really).
Hope this makes sense to at least some of you! Just ask if you get stuck.