A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tooth Fairy Costume [many a picture!]  (Read 11161 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_16_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JemaJemaJema
« on: October 31, 2006 02:16:48 PM »

Howdy! I hope this is ok to post :S it's more like a customisation than a totally homemade outfit, if it's in the wrong place I apologise, feel free to move it! Smiley
and also, Happy Halloween!

So, here we go, this outfit is actually for my school's Halloween Ball, too old for trick-or-treating now, hehe, so basically I wasn't planning on going, but then I found out my group of friends was going, and I thought that maybe I would go, so I did, but I was kinda apprehensive about it, because I knew everyone would be kinda drunk, or atleast tipsy, but anyhooo I had a good time. In class at school I heard alot of people saying they were going as "anything as long as it's slutty" euggghhhhh, the people in my school are so boring! so anyway, after a quick google search of the typical costumes I decided to go as the tooth fairy......

Full shot of me trying it on this evening:

The Skirt and boots:

Close up of the top half with wings:

My teeth jewelery:

My skirt was originally from sainsburys, my mum bought it but decided she didnt like it, so I just added the netting to make it poofy, shortened it, and then had to also insert extra sort of triangles into the top layer of fabric as I had made it too poofy, lol. On the actual night I also wore white tights.
The tshirt was just a reconned grey tshirt, that was too short, basically i took off the sleeves, sewed up the sides and took it in slightly, then sewed the sleeves on to where the shoulders used to be, sorry, it's hard to explain, but I actually quite like it. Smiley
The boots were from primark, I just put the wee ribbons on the back of them.
The teeth were fun to make! they are white fimo clay that you bake in the oven, the brooch is just a sort of 2-D tooth with a brooch backing super glued on the back, the necklace is wee teeth that I put jewelery posts into before baking so that they hung off an old chain necklace I had. They're also kinda smudgy, it was the pen i used to draw on the brooch! And also white clay picks up any fluff which is on your hands while making them, so annoying!
The wings were store bought sadly, I was in the process of making them, but I knew they wouldnt be done in time for Friday, so I gave in a bought a cheap pair, but I will finish my wings eventually!

The halloween ball was last Friday so I have an action shot too....:

Left to right: Showgirl, Spider Fairy, Tooth Fairy

I'll upload more pics when my friends send them to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jeannette
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006 02:46:10 PM »

Wow I wish I was that crafty when I was 16!!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten0Face

"We're All Mad Here"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006 04:44:28 PM »

Your costume makes me reminiscant of when I was in preschool.

My mom made me a toothfairy costume that had toothbrushes hanging from a belt on the dress, and I even had a real tooth as one had fallen out right before halloween! Smiley Hehe.

I like your teeth jewlery also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nuhbe
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007 09:27:16 AM »

Beautiful Costume JemaJemaJem, I specially love skirt!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007 09:30:39 AM »

Very nice! I like the teeth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch a Cartoon King
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Woman
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Pirate
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Horse
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Bird
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...