A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please help me with my research on Craftster! :)  (Read 1183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bond Girl
« on: October 30, 2006 11:45:44 PM »

Hello there,

I'm writing an essay about Craftster as a virtual community.  I was hoping some of you lovely Craftsters could help me out with a few questions!

You don't have to answer all of them, if you just have a idea about one or two, that's ok!

1) Why did you join Craftster?

2) Have you met other people that you consider to be "friends" on Craftster?

3) Do you communicate/meet with other Craftster members elsewhere besides these forums? (either in real life or online)

Thanks so much for your help, and to the nice mods who've allowed me to ask you guys  Cheesy  Oh and of course, you & your Craftster identity will remain anonymous! Wink
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006 05:01:06 PM by Bond Girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
raina

I'm up for personal swaps.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006 05:12:32 PM »

I was looking for a tutorial on making purses and in finding one here, learned what a fabulous idea-pot Craftster is!

No, and that's a bit surprising as I have participated in several swaps! I have met up with old friends though, which is always a surprise!

3) Do you communicate/meet with other Craftster members elsewhere besides these forums? (either in real life or online)

A few yes. People I've known locally - i'm in a show this weekend with a member.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website | Blog | Etsy | Wists.

I have beading supplies and various other supplies to swap for cute fabric. I'm in Canada.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006 05:20:59 PM »

1. Because I was drooling over the stuff avsceriline sent and received in her swaps, and she kept saying I had to join in on the fun Wink

2. I have met other people on here yes, and I do consider some of them friends. I'm still pretty new though lol

3. Yeah, with a few I do, on LiveJournal. I've met 2 craftsters in person as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Bond Girl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006 06:18:19 PM »

Thanks so much for your replies! It's greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
ragingpie

Craftalicious!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006 06:33:19 PM »

I've been lurking around this site for, I'd say, at least two years now.  I finally joined a few weeks ago because I wanted to be able to ask questions, give comments, and use that little "this rocks!" button.  =)  My personal craftiness is rather stalled right now, so showing off my own projects actually wasn't a factor in my joining.

Not yet; I've only been here a couple weeks.  But I do have to say this is probably the friendliest forum I've ever seen!

Again, not yet.  I'd be open to it though, and there is that handy city guide board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006 05:19:34 AM »

Found it via a newspaper article (Guardian) and it looked like fun!
Yes, I've met some lovely people on here - kind, thoughtful and generous.
Most people I've met here are in the USA and I'm in Britain, so it's online contact only, and postal exchanges of crafts and materials, but I've started a UK Journal Round-Robin, partly for fun and partly for UK crafters to get to know each other, and I hope we will meet up at some point.  There are vague plans for London crafters to get together at some point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
Bond Girl
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006 01:50:18 AM »

Thanks for your replies to guys! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006 02:01:45 AM »

1) Why did you join Craftster?  because i saw all the awesome stuff people had made, and i wanted to share the stuff i make!

2) Have you met other people that you consider to be "friends" on Craftster?  yes, several, its a really great community and i have made a few friends through swapping, and of course all of the other lovely mods  Kiss

3) Do you communicate/meet with other Craftster members elsewhere besides these forums? (either in real life or online) i have met up with a couple of nearby members for lunch and shopping, and chat with a few via aim
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
ellenade
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006 08:06:21 PM »

I was SO EXCITED when I found this site - to use a really cheesy phrase it is a very "vibrant community". There's so much information, there are lots of helpful people, and it has encouraged me to try new projects!

Not "real life" friends yet, but there are people whose posts I look out for because they seem like nice people? I could imagine making proper friends, but I've only been here a ltitle while!

nope, but again I havent been here long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Philip7424298

Peeps. The start of racism.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006 08:09:08 PM »

for question 3 I now have a penpal in texas thats turning into an awesome friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\  /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
He is on his way to world domination, one signature at a time!
(Copy and paste to help him take over the world)

http://kofk.de/animal.php?id=kingBosney
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cool Effect For Your Pictures in Photoshop
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
How to Use And Create Actions in Photoshop
How to Make a Grunge Background in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...