A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hot Pink Satin Corset  (Read 2919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« on: October 30, 2006 09:00:58 PM »

So I was really wanting to try Roethke's tute http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122286.0 and I went looking through the stash for some fabric.  I found lots of dark pink cotton broadcloth I got in a bag at Value Village - then as I was cutting it out I realised I had leftover pink satin as well! 

So, as I said it's crepe-back satin and broadcloth, edged with black velvet ribbon and laced with black grosgrain.  I SERIOUSLY need to buy some more ribbon, because although I can lace it this tight without too much discomfort, it warps on the left side over my ribcage - I have a "bump" at the bottom where some cracked ribs healed unevenly.  I am so proud of how this turned out, and I think it's gorgeous!  What a way to make use of these scraps of satin!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006 10:24:02 PM »

Hi! I think this is one of the better looking corsets I've seen. That sure is a stand-out color.

I'm not one to own or wear one of these but this looks like it fits you perfectly. They sure seem popular here. What will you wear with this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
hejin
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006 05:03:07 AM »

Sexaye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006 05:28:00 AM »

love it . the satin is great . you did an awesome job . i think im getting brave enough to try rothkes tute also ... i hope mine turnes out half as good !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006 07:07:38 AM »

Smiley  Thanks guys!  As for what I'll wear this with, likely nothing  Shocked  It's meant to be a sexy piece of lingerie.  However, I might wear it out to the bar or something with a black shirt.  I don't practice tightlacing or corseting, so this isn't really meant to cinch my waist much, it's just for prettiness!  I am making a more comfortable authentic 1820's set of stays that has a busk to wear more everyday.  You see, I have terrible posture, so I'm thinking that the restriction of the busk (and not cinching tight laces) will help me remember to stand up straight - does that make sense?  I think not being able to bend over the busk will help me remember not to slump (since it's uncomfortable to slump your shoulders over but not the small of your back), but the corset isn't supporting me - I'm supporting myself.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with tightlacing!  As long as it's done PROPERLY and SAFELY and you get regular Dr.'s checkups like anyone it's just fine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Elphelba
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006 07:54:56 AM »

That is absolutely beautiful. I love corsets, and I'm trying to get the hang of making them myself. This is way better than anything I've ever managed to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
seeingstars
Star-crossed lovers!

~*~*seeingstars*~*~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006 10:09:36 AM »

OOOOOO thats gorgeous! love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38041565
pls press this people, it won't do you any harm but helps me! jus go back once you have, thanks!! xxxx
pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006 11:06:06 AM »

This is extremely pretty and you have a very tiny waist, i am so envious ..... maybe one day i will be brave enough to make myself one as well .....  and i need a better posture as well  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1spazticchik

<3 The Donnas <3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006 05:48:14 PM »

ohmygoodness that is gorgeous. I'm loving the pink!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Museum Scene
Canon G10: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...