A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lined/Zippered Scooter Bag  (Read 39339 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pristinity
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007 01:16:39 PM »

Wow...that's pretty awesome. And I love your Vespa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peaches6
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007 01:24:40 PM »

So cute and creative!  I know a ton of scooter owners that would die for some on-the-go storage.  Love the color and the lining.  I always end up hand sewing tight corners, but there are some great suggestions here.  Thanks and keep up the gorgeous work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

be disciplined in your life so that you can be violent and original in your art.  clive barker
leentje
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007 04:25:27 AM »

Vintage inspiration:

A 1950s vespa with bag. Something like this does come in handy when you're traveling by vespa for longer stretches.

And my favorite, what I've been thinking about making for some time now:

This is a tucano Urbano avant la lettre!! Snapped a photo from an original vespa accesoire leaflet in a vespa museum Smiley I drive my little smallframe all through winter since it's my only means of transport here in Amsterdam. So its nice to stay warm, and possibly even wear a skirt in wintertime without freezing my balls off.

x L
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007 06:33:21 AM »

i noticed that the new vespa's (read UGH!, sorry, they have fake kick starters for heaven's sake) have a skirt.  I saw a guy riding one with it. It looks like it might just jave an adjustable strap that goes over the legsheilds.  I have been thinking of making one for my P2 for the May 24th weekend rally here in Canada.  Its usually quite cold still (at least at 80K)  Let me know how it works out and what kind of pattern did you use for the bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
I Eat Art
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007 07:12:19 AM »

Fake kickstarters? I know some of them have backup kickstarts, but I don't think any of the actual Vespas I've seen have *fake* ones. I'm sure lots of the chinese bikes do.

I've never made a lap blanket, but I know Corazzo and a couple other companies make one that's apparently really nice with a fuzzy lining and stochlite and stuff, personally they look a little too silly for my tastes. I just wear tights or long johns under my jeans if I wanna ride in the cold. I've seen both blankents that attach to the legsheild and ones that attatch to your waist (and look like a hilliarious skirt).

I didn't use a pattern for the bag but if you read back a few pages I describe how I made the pattern. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.dadahaus.com
Fun and Funky Jewelry, Crafting Tips, and more
http://www.indiecraftshows.com
Find indie craft shows in your area!
Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007 11:24:01 AM »

you may be right. I met a girl with one of the new ones and she said it was fake but she could have been messing me around.

Thanks for the pattern idea.  I was thinking of making a bag to carry helmets.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007 11:25:42 AM by Eveel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
ericalm
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2007 11:43:35 AM »

The scooter skirts (uh, lap aprons) are a great idea for a scoot craft project! Tucano actually still makes them, as do a number of other companies (for inspiration, here's a roundup of lap aprons from 2strokebuzz.com). The Scooterworks one rolls up just like the one pictured above. Scooter craft goddess Crystal from girlbike.com and scooterseatcovers.com has a brief guide to making a lap apron.

you may be right. I met a girl with one of the new ones and she said it was fake but she could have been messing me around.

They're not fake, but automatic scoots in general don't kickstart as easily as shifters. With the newer Vespas there's actually a danger of cracking the transmission case with the kickstarter, so it's mostly for use in emergencies. I have a Battery Tender on my LX (yeah, I ride an auto, what of it? Grin) so am actually thinking of removing the kickstarter to get it out of my way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Eat Art
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007 08:09:00 AM »

Someone, and now I can't remember who, also made/had a bag that attached under the headset and then hung behind the legshield. Would be kinda awkward on a bike with a glovebox, but then gloveboxes are for wimps! Tongue And people with largeframes.

I think that'll be my next project... then I'm gonna put a softer seat on and I'll be all ready for the Cannonball (ha.ha.ha). For those who aren't scooter dorks, the Cannonball Run is a cross-country scooter race, for people who are crazy. CRAZY.

And speaking of kickstarts, I want to do something silly to mine but cant' decide what. Paint it blue and sparkly maybe? My fender also needs painting... you can't tell so much from the picture but it's still in primer. I could paint it black but that's boring... I'm thinking... SPARKLES.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.dadahaus.com
Fun and Funky Jewelry, Crafting Tips, and more
http://www.indiecraftshows.com
Find indie craft shows in your area!
batspit
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007 11:23:15 AM »

sparkles sounds good to me-- maybe black or green sparkles to match your paint scheme?  I have a 78 Puch moped and am looking for a smallframe Vespa to restore, yours is beautiful (and my feet might actually touch the ground on yours).
I know people warned you away from using magnets near electronics, but I don't feel they are that strong-- maybe harmful near the strip on the back of credit cards, but phones and music players should be OK. and I totally see why you would want them-- those Vespas always turn so hard it'd be nice for a little extra hold-age.
I've been trying to talk my fiance into turning the glovebox on his et4 into a shrine.  He never really uses it and his family gives him all this St. Christopher stuff (who would be the saint of scooters if they had had scooters when he was alive) and I thought it would be a neat shrine spot. 
Thanks for posting your incredibly cool craft. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007 12:57:38 PM »

I myself have a 2002 Honda Silver Wing, which is similar in spirit if rather different in, uh, physical presence (that's us in my avatar). The trunk in the thing is big enough for two full-face helmets, so it's currently craft-free.

Although if anyone around here is within 200 miles of Detroit and would like to get a commission for a custom paint job for me, you let me know! (Gamera stomping the skyline is my current favorite idea.)

-Dorion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Reusable Templates in Photoshop
How to ‘Photoshop’ Yourself Into an Image
The Camera Raw "Do-Over" Button in Photoshop
How to Draw Pink Panther
How to Draw Pidgey
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...