A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,251
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: YAY I FINISHED MY APPLE PATTERN! (and i have one small question!)  (Read 2959 times)
Tags for this thread: chart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

burstandbloom
« on: October 30, 2006 02:05:32 PM »

okay...so a few days ago...i posted in the discussion section, asking people to help me find an apple pattern. well..everyone gave me great links (THANKS!!) but they just weren't what i was looking for. so i made my own pattern!

here it is for you to see... yay! and yah...if you want to use it...that's fine with me!!! just post what you use it on so i can see!

anyway..i knit up a sample of it...so you all could see what it actually looks like. I'M SO PROUD OF IT!! I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT!!!

haha i just noticed it looks like it's backward from the pattern.....but it's just because i used my webcam and it mirrored the image. in real life it's the same as the pattern haha.
yay! okay..so the reason i wanted an apple pattern in the first place is so i could knit little ones along the bottom of a beanie perhaps. and i realize that this pattern is still too big...(the apple itself..including leaf [but not including white background]..measures 3.5in. wide and 3.25in. tall..knitted with size 4 needles)

but i figured that if i just get tiny needles...it'll be smaller. and that will be better. if not...maybe i'll just have a beanie with a huge apple on it. haha. (this would also be painfully adorable on a matching scarf. awwwwww....or...a BABY BLANKET with softer colors. awwwwww man. i have so many things i want to use this on. i love apples.

anyway...tell me what you guys think!!

OHHH! I ALMOST FORGOT MY QUESTION!!!

um..please dont think i'm dumb (i've only knit hats before!) um...what do i do when i take it off the needle? i dont know how to finish it off so it won't like...unravel. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 02:09:06 PM by burstandbloom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
owl be there
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006 02:09:13 PM »

ooh i love apples too! i have 2 purses with apples on them Grin anyway im not really a knitter..i can knit scarves with that hairy yarny stuff so if you mess up you cant see it...but i think i might try knitting with YOUR PATTERN!!!!!!! i dont understand how you can get different colours on different stitches though....and i dont know how to end it sorry. anyway ive been wanting to learn how to knit mittens and so i think a cute little apple on a pair of mittens would be aDORABLE!!! ehhe...i just have to figure out how to knit mittens. sorry for the long post that didnt even answer your question...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006 02:20:32 PM »

ooh i love apples too! i have 2 purses with apples on them Grin anyway im not really a knitter..i can knit scarves with that hairy yarny stuff so if you mess up you cant see it...but i think i might try knitting with YOUR PATTERN!!!!!!! i dont understand how you can get different colours on different stitches though....and i dont know how to end it sorry. anyway ive been wanting to learn how to knit mittens and so i think a cute little apple on a pair of mittens would be aDORABLE!!! ehhe...i just have to figure out how to knit mittens. sorry for the long post that didnt even answer your question...

haha it's okay. i'm glad i inspired you to branch off from scarves! (not that scarves are bad! i love them!)..um the mitten idea...i definitely will have to steal that one. a mitten/scarve/beanie set...oh my gosh i'll probably cry because of the cuteness. (lol not really)but you should know how to end it if you've made scarves right? what do you do when you get to the last row of your scarf and take it off the needle? um...i really wishi knew how to explain the more-than-one-color thing. basically you just pick up the new yarn as if you were sitll knitting with the other one...ugh i dont know. i'm VERY BAD at teaching people things. i just understand them. haha. but i bet if you posted on the discussion bored..asking how to do it...all the wonderful knitters out there would give you a million links teaching you how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
owl be there
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006 02:22:42 PM »

lol i always got my mom to start / end the scarf lmao...or id get halfway and get bored so shed finish it...sorry! i can ask her if you want though ... if no one else answers  by the time shes back from whereever she is Grin

*edit* poop i forgot to say that i was thining bout the mittens and scarf thing but i didnt think about the hat! that would be SO cute...and the scarf either a hole row of apples going all the way up or just one on each end would be adorable!!!!1 im so excited lol..ill have to ask my oma to help me knit mittens lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006 02:30:42 PM »

lol i always got my mom to start / end the scarf lmao...or id get halfway and get bored so shed finish it...sorry! i can ask her if you want though ... if no one else answers  by the time shes back from whereever she is Grin

*edit* poop i forgot to say that i was thining bout the mittens and scarf thing but i didnt think about the hat! that would be SO cute...and the scarf either a hole row of apples going all the way up or just one on each end would be adorable!!!!1 im so excited lol..ill have to ask my oma to help me knit mittens lol

haha yah...i'm pretty much too excited for words! WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME SUCH GOOD IDEAS?!?! i have a psych test tomorrow that i have to study for tonight...and i just dont think i'll be able to concentrate now! all i'll want to do is start on this project!
i guess i could just tell myself that i don't have the right sized needles. at least for the beanie and mittens. (but i do have the right size for a scarf..aghhhhgh!) haha. mannnn. this sucks. if i fail my test...i blame YOU! haha. just playing.

you're lucky your mom knows how to knit. my mom's always begging me to teach her to knit...but like i mentioned earlier...i'm a bad teacher. when someone doesnt catch on right away..i tend to get frustrated. haha. oh well. anyway...good luck with your project..and yah...just keep an eye on this page...an if no one responds to help me solve my problem...will you please ask your mom?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006 02:36:13 PM »

What I usually do to keep my hats from unraveling  Grin is I decrease until there is anywhere between 5-8 stitches left on the needles.  Then basically, I keep the stitches on the needles, cut the yarn, and then thread a yard needle.  Then going in the same direction if you were to continue knitting, just thread the needle through all of the stitches, take them off the needles and pull until they close in on the circle and close the hat.

I am awful at directions, I hope that might somehow help you.

I love the apple pattern, I must make a scarf or something with an apple on it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006 02:37:27 PM »

okey dokey bookmarked the page..i have a test tomorrow too..but i dont have the right coloured yarn so i have an excuse not to make them. ok my mom really doesnt actually know how to knit...just scarves. my oma i think taught her and so thats who i need to ask to help me make mittesn. anwyay just a sec....ok

. take the second stitch (near the pointy end of the needle) and loop it over the first stitch over the pointy end of the needle so it sorta falls off, keeping hte first stitch on the needle.  keep doing that with eaach stitch until only one stitch is on the needle and then pull the loose thread through that stitch so its on the thread instead of the needle adn then kindof weave the loose end into your 'masterpiece' [hehe i edited her words] and snip the ends. does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006 02:48:51 PM »

Oooh, you wanted to know how to get that apple off!  Sorry.

See above post  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006 02:49:04 PM »

okey dokey bookmarked the page..i have a test tomorrow too..but i dont have the right coloured yarn so i have an excuse not to make them. ok my mom really doesnt actually know how to knit...just scarves. my oma i think taught her and so thats who i need to ask to help me make mittesn. anwyay just a sec....ok

. take the second stitch (near the pointy end of the needle) and loop it over the first stitch over the pointy end of the needle so it sorta falls off, keeping hte first stitch on the needle.  keep doing that with eaach stitch until only one stitch is on the needle and then pull the loose thread through that stitch so its on the thread instead of the needle adn then kindof weave the loose end into your 'masterpiece' [hehe i edited her words] and snip the ends. does that make sense?

oay let me try that...i gotta eat first before i die. but then i'll try it. lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
burstandbloom
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006 02:50:21 PM »

Oooh, you wanted to know how to get that apple off!  Sorry.

See above post  Tongue

haha yah..i didnt want to be like..um i already know how to do that with hats! hahaha. but thanks for the advice anyway. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrate Earth Day with Beauty Products
Mother’s Day Beauty Musts
Get Scarlett Johansson’s Full Lip Look
Beyoncé’s Foolproof Makeup Tips That Will Last All Day
How You Should Wear Your Hair For Your Wedding
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...