A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Ornaments for your X-MAS Tree Swap Gallery  (Read 9129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

groschveux
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006 02:59:09 PM »

Jezebel7383, it must of took a long time to clue all the sequins on the ornaments. I like them, they are so colorful. What a great idea!
What's inside the other ones?

Nikkisixx666, the ornaments you made are soooo cute!

Everyone is so creative!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 03:01:39 PM by groschveux » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006 04:24:01 PM »

The glass ones have sequins, silk, and wool roving in them.
The sequins on the others are held on with pins. I wanted to do them all like, but the store ran out of pins and couldn't get more in for some reason. Huh

Sparklypants- do you happen to have pictures of the ones you sent me? My camera won't move pictures to my computer. Tongue
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 04:25:45 PM by jezebel7383 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparklypants
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2006 12:12:49 PM »

I do have pictures!

These are the ornaments I sent to Jezebel7383

Almost the whole group: (I forgot to include one of them in the group shot...oops)

the missing one (dont mind my awful camera skills):

the felt button tree, up close:

the purple moose:

wood tree with retro gift wrap:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:48:34 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my war paint is sharpie ink

MY WISTS:  http://www.wists.com/sparklypants
jezebel7383
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006 12:17:16 PM »

Thanks for posting those. I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the camera. They look so cute in our house.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006 03:19:52 PM »

I received! Thank you Ryanne! They are so fun! I hope mine for you arrive soon (considering I sent them before you! ...silly Australia Post! Tongue )

So now for some pics!
Here is a group shot...

I also got a pretty giftbox which is in the picture too! I got two reindeer ornaments, one made from pegs, the other from jigsaw puzzle pieces...and a poker chip? Hehe. I also got an embroidered quilt sampler type ornament, the block is called 'The Contrary Wife'. The stitches are very neat! And then I got two glass slide ornaments (I think that's what they're made of...). One has a dog paw print (ryanne knows I love dogs!) and the other has a tree sillouhette, that's my favourite! Here is a close-up of those two...

And...lots of bubble wrap! But I can't pop it yet cos everyone else is still in bed! Heeheh Grin

Thanks Ryanne!
ps. I have pics of what I sent you if you want me to post them when you receive my ornaments! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

groschveux
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006 08:38:12 PM »

Just went to let you all know that I will be out of town from Nov.30th til Dec.3th. I'm going on a shopping weekend with a few girlfriends. YAY! I'm so excited!
I will have no internet access until I come back. (I'll try to make all the updates on sunday night)
Please, make sure you still send me a pm when you receive or send.

Have a great weekend everyone!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2006 08:26:46 AM »

Here's a pic of the ornaments I sent PStat3queen (hoping she'll post an action shot cause I'd like to see her "tree")  She said her "tree" is some branches that permanently hang from her ceiling and I wanted to do something that wouldn't be too heavy.  

10 hanging cones and 6 little balls, in her fave colours pink and green.  I also sent along a Christmas mixed CD (which I made before they went on the "bad" list!!)

Everyone's ornaments are so great!!  I'm getting lots of good ideas-just wish someone could send me more TIME!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012 09:01:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
pSTAT3queen
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2006 09:16:34 AM »

thanks for posting the picture!!  I'll be posting an action shot soon.  I can confirm that they are not too heavy for the branches!  I love them and so do my roommates!!  thanks alteredmommy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2006 03:46:11 PM »

Ryanne received my ornaments! She said she would post pictures but I am so excited (and I like the photos I took of 'em!) that I want to post pictures now!

So with no further ado, I present the contents of my first swap package I have ever made! Grin It was very fun!

Here is the card I sent Ryanne, the front is a little felt board with wo cats (with two poses!) that were meant to match her two kitties, Lucy and Ricky. It was fun making this card!

I really wanted to add some more to the package to I made up some gift tags with left-over cardboard and some felt. Heheh, I was really getting into the theme!

And here are the actual ornaments, all their individual boxes that I made. I didn't measure how much ribbon I'd need to tie them all up so that's why they are only tied with knots! Hehe.

And finally here are the ornaments! From top left, in a clockwise direction...felt circles pinned to a styrofoam ball, felt night-sky themed ornament with a few beads and sequins, my favourite, a felt garden ball...I just cut flowers and leaves out of felt and pinned them on like crazy!, then we have anothed pinned ornament, this time with beads and sequins too, then there are two origami balls, each made of 30 individual pieces! I made the colourful one first and I was so excted by it I had to make another!

So there you have it, the swap package I sent to my partner ryanne! Thanks ryanne for being my partner for our first swap, I had so much fun! Cheesy

-Rosie
Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2006 12:59:57 AM »

OMG those ornaments are amazing! Everything you made rocks! I want to try pinning felt to a foam ball like that. What a marvellous idea! I can't get to the store for a bit because I am completely snowed in here, but as soon as I can, I'm making a beeline for the styrofoam balls!

You always do the most wonderful things with felt, paperdaisies! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Prepare Long Hair For Hair Extensions
How To Attach Hair Extensions To Long Hair
How to Do a Flat Iron Up Do
Celebrity Stylist Talks Hair Trends
How to Style Wavy Hair With Pins
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...