A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,638
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Portrait with Progression Details! I'm HAPPY This Time!  (Read 2095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bodewin Cauthon
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006 01:06:59 PM »

That last one is really nice.
People forget when drawing eyes , that an adults eyeball is not really that much bigger than a child's but the actual eye shape (lids etc) have grown ,so an adult will have much more white showing than a child will. In a baby ,you will never see the whole iris at once, you often will in an adult.
Also when adding a shine to an eye ,often the shine will overlap the iris and pupil.

One thing I noticed about your lady was that she has no bottom teeth. If you look at yourself in a mirror and try to make your mouth like hers, you will see your bottom teeth a liitle bit too (darker and further back most likely in shadow but still there just a little).
Hope that is useful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006 01:19:02 PM »

The neck to shoulder connection looks better in your last drawing.  The trapezius is bigger on some people than others (just like any other muscle) and men usually have a more pronounced one than women do.  Yours looks pretty good.  It's just one of those things to look for on your model.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006 09:47:06 PM »

Bodewin Cauthon, thanks.. I never thought about the bottom teeth. Thanks also for the eye info. I may just practice eyes alone for a while.

OMG! I tried hands tonight. What a massacre that was. Makes eyes look easy. Cinnamon, Thanks, too. I think your suggestions have helped me greatly. I like your insperation of doing a drawing a day. I got away from it for a bit but will at least do a doodle a day if I can't do a portrait. Maybe it will take my mind off that brown recon-ed disaster I've been fighting. ..or that red dress that haunts me.

Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Vietnamese Pho Recipe
Crispy Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken Recipe
How to Make Thai Fishcakes
Hoisin Chicken Wraps Recipe
Asian-Steamed Salmon Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...