A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: heart-stenciled shoes i made for my exchance student friend!  (Read 6362 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lil_ballet_girl

I want to be with you

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007 12:52:36 PM »

Aaawww they're so freakin adorable !! I really like the lacy thing and the hearts are so cute  Smiley Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Took for granted all the little things.
But now it's over,
All I can say is goodbye.
burstandbloom
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007 02:40:59 PM »

Aaawww they're so freakin adorable !! I really like the lacy thing and the hearts are so cute  Smiley Wink

thanks very much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007 01:18:21 PM »

I LOVE THEMMM!
i went to walmart today trying to find anything that i could use but couldnt find any. =[ Im a size 8 and a half or nine and i can never find shoes my size that are cutee. EEEK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
mento_bug
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007 01:26:55 PM »

very cute, what did you use for the laces part that goes across the top of your foot??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slim_secret
peek-a-choo

Make ART not WAR.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007 02:32:45 PM »

wh0A!! i LOVE thEM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles are my weakness,
coincidence that its your annoyance.
daretowear
Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?

beat drums - beat drums ahhhhhh!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007 08:58:24 PM »

This is the obvious question for big ol stupid me...how'd you make them?? I looked and looked at the pictures and couldn't figure out where you attached the ribbon on the side (did you just glue it)...it looks like it goes under the sole, like btwn the sole and the canvas part. I know it has to be attached well since it'll get a lot of wear when you walk and run and skip thru daisies and all that Smiley It also may be b/c it's almost midnight and I'm STILL awake (since 6am this morning)....but if you check back here and see this ---could you help me? THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I always wanted to be somebody, I guess I should've been more specific."  ~Lily Tomlin
burstandbloom
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007 10:05:44 PM »

mentobug: for the ones with the heart laces, it was just ribbon i had. then the ones with the blue shiny stuff...it was just shiny strrtchy string i found in some random bin at walmart.

daretowear: the ribbon doesnt actually go between the sole and the shoe...i just put it as close as humanly possible. I hot glued the ribbon on there, then i hand stitched it on in several places. also...the shoes used to be maryjanes, but i cut off hte top strap and then just stitched white cloth from the straps to the side of the shoe so it looked like a solid flat. does that make sense? haha.

missmeganmisery: I'm sorry you can't find anything! i have a pink pair of size 8 maryjane shoes just like the ones i used. i just cut the top strap off. and i normally wear the size you do, but i wore a smaller size in these shoes. like a seven and a half to an 8. so they SHOULD fit you. if you'd be interested in a swap perhaps i could send you them. the shoes are back home in dallas, but i'll be going back home in two weeks, so i coudl get them then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Niblick05
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007 07:00:47 PM »

Huh I'm not very crafty...can you reveal how you did all of that stenciling? The shoes are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007 04:11:33 PM »

Huh I'm not very crafty...can you reveal how you did all of that stenciling? The shoes are adorable!

i just drew a heart on a piece of paper and then cut it out with an exacto knife, then just used regular acrylic paint and a paint brush.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
tidesong
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007 06:36:12 PM »

Wow, I really like the idea of criss cross over the top of a shoe without the tongue underneath, looks really unique!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Get Wednesday Addams Twists Hairstyle
Chescalocs on the Natural Vs. Relaxed Hair Debate
How to Do a Super Easy Bun
How to Style Thin or Thinning Hair
How to Get and Style the Undercut
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...