A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made a book...it has a felt cover & it's full of TROGDOR!!! img heavy  (Read 1921 times)
Tags for this thread: book_cover , book_binding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2006 06:46:04 PM »

Meheeh! It's true!

Yesterday I was fussing about because I felt bad because I didn't have a birthday present for my best bud (she knew and as fine...we're both poor students!) but I am going to go to her place for their family dinner/birthday celebrations and I wanted to have something!! (other than this random coaster I made for her...) And I was wandering about the internet wondering (hehe) and it hit me...TROGDOR! We are both rabid Trogdor fans! (And Strong Bad too, ooh ooh there'a a new sbemail...check it out!) And I had been looking at this papercraft board so I came up with this...
This is the front of the book. There's a nice heavy cardboard cover inside the felt and I embroidered a lovely trogdor on the front!

Here is the spine...

...and here you can see the corresponding stitches on the inside of the book...you can also see some lovely trogdor pictures I googled. I filled 'er up with 'em! There are some awesome Trogdor related things that people have made out there in the wide world...

This one shows the iniside cover and the back page...

And here are some random pages...

I left this page blank so she can print off this photo of  us with our Trogdor sandcastle we made...(I don't have a copy of it Sad)

So there you have it, my first ever book (if you don't count the little bitty ones I used to make during class in school with glue and pieces of paper...)
It has 12 pages and it doesn't close very well. I tied it shut with a ribbon for the moment...

Enjoy! ...I'd love to hear some feedback!

-Rosie Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

homestar
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006 07:46:39 PM »

Rosie, that is FANTASTIC!  You did an incredible job!  Holy smokes!

I wish I had a friend who liked Trogdor so I could make one for her  Angry  It is positively TOO AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vickilicious
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006 11:12:49 PM »

Hooray for Trogdor! Your embroidery on the cover is perhaps my favorite thing I've ever seen embroidered... how playful and great!

I'm also really impressed with your binding technique and attention to detail - it was smart to use the two colors of felt to enclose the cardboard, and I like the contrast of the red (orange?) stitches.

I'm sure your friend will love it, and she's lucky to have a cool friend who's down with the burnination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006 08:10:44 AM »

AWESOME!  What an absolutely great-really original and thoughful gift!!!  My son loves Trogdor and Strongbad....I'd love to  try tomake something along these lines for him for Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

paw
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006 11:49:52 AM »

omg, trogdor! the burninator. hehe. this is so awesome! great embroidery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_skalicous_xx
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006 01:32:34 PM »

burninating the countryside!!! omg! that is possibly the most amazing thing i have ever seen. fantastic =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[[insert something spiffy to say HERE]]
roxysurfnsand
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006 09:34:34 AM »

ahaaaa i remember watching that little trogdor video clip in art class its pretty funny lol very cute  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emilyjoy
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006 05:51:07 PM »

I wish I'd thought of this. But at least now I have a good theme idea for a at least one xmas present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salt and Pepper Turkey Recipe
How to Make a Homemade Pizza
How to Make a Roux
A Top Chef Reinvents Your Wedding Registry
Chef Tim Love Makes a Creative Grilled Ham, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...