A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone in Spokane?  (Read 6015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007 09:32:53 AM »

and the best yarn store I've seen in Washington is in Leavenworth. 

Was that Wooly Bully that you went to?  It is a good shop, it's just small.  There is another one in Wenatchee that is bigger, but I'm not sure it's better yet; haven't looked at the yarn, just the needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
Denisemc
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007 11:21:48 AM »

Hey does anyone want to get together for knitting, crocheting, sewing or other random crafts.  I just moved here, to spokane and I miss all my 'crafty' friends back home.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007 01:32:21 PM »

Another Spokane crafter here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
lawatha
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007 06:33:06 PM »

Not exactly in Spokane, I live about 70 miles north, near Colville.  I love crafting, mostly stained glass and quilting.  I took one tole painting class which was fun, I'd love to learn more about that. And I do a lot of photography.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kungfu_crocheter
The Doctor's companion

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007 09:30:47 PM »

SlickMariaVic - that sounds great!  I have no clue where those stores are, but I have heard about Holy Threads.  Have you been to A Grand Yarn?  I want to go sometime, but I have yet to figure out where their store is... I'm a valley girl and I sometimes get lost searching around the city.

Crafty Coug - Yeah, I think that's the store.  I do remember it being pretty small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007 10:04:36 PM »

I actually learned to knit at A Grand Yarn! They are cool, but small and a bit expensive for my tastes. Holy Threads is really awesome because it used to big a big bed and breakfast, plus there is an art gallery there too. Its located by the South Hill on the way down...uh I think Washington? And Sew-EZ-Too is on Garland. Right now I live on the northside so we should figure out a time and place that would work well for people. I wish I knew more people that appreciate the crafty crap I do *boo-hoo*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007 09:53:36 AM by SlickMariaVic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Fluxity
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007 01:31:39 AM »

I'm in Spokane! I live in the valley though, and I am not a hooker. I try, but I am pretty bad at it - and I am seriously hoping that you are talking about crocheting, right now - but I can't make anything except a crooked dishcloth.

I do sew, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking
~-~
Procraftination  - a Blog about my Crafty Adventures!
Swap partners - No Peeking!
~-~
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry
kungfu_crocheter
The Doctor's companion

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007 08:32:48 AM »

Fluxity- don't worry, when you start to crochet things are bound to come out crooked!  it jsut takes som time and practice.  Smiley  I've been crocheting for years and if I don't pay attention, then things go crooked sometimes.. especially if I'm not working off a pattern.

So I went to Holy Threads and A Grand Yarn yesterday after classes yesterday, and wow!  I loved Holy Threads, I'll definitley be back next Thursday, student discount day of course. Smiley 

A Grand Yarn was an ok store, a bit small though.  I loved the tahki cotton they had, so many colors!  I hope they have it at Holy Threads, because buying yarn with a discount is the best thing ever!  But I  really loved that tahki cotton, I want to use it for they Happy Hooker Cupcake pattern, I originally planned to do it in Lion Brand Microspun.

I only have one class today, so I'll head over to Sew-EZ-Too.  I've driven by it on many occassion, but I didn't think they had yarn, I just thought it was a sewing specialty shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DreadJenny
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007 02:17:05 PM »

I'm in Spokane, fairly new to the area.  I'm still searching out all the crafty places around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For bento lunch sets and supplies visit my Etsy shop!
http://www.bentobaby.etsy.com
http://bentobaby.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/DreadTalmage

I'm always willing to do personal swaps Smiley
ruwena
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007 02:54:07 PM »

I'm from Spokane but currently I'm living in Tennessee...where I get made fun of for being a "Northerner". 

lawatha is that sewing store still open in Coville?  It was on Main street across from the Goodwill...they had a huge quilting section, some yarn and tons of lace when I was a kid.  Their prices were a little high though.

I once caught a guy I was dating on Sprague...I had to dump him on the spot...He was from Fairchild...watch out for those Air Force guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Barbie Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
How to Create a Braided Headband with Your Hair
Jamie Lynn Spears Inspired Makeup and Hair Tutorial
How to Make Headband
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...