A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Eleanor Round 2?  (Read 45368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2006 09:21:25 AM »

I just attached ball number four, huzzah! I'm guessing I'm a little under 1/2-way through. It's starting to get heavy, lol. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
MmmKnits
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2006 10:23:23 AM »

Thanks for posting your stats.  Smiley Can't wait to see the finished product.

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I'm already plotting how I'll be spending the yarn store gift certificates I hope to receive for Christmas...   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2006 10:29:25 AM »

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I'm already plotting how I'll be spending the yarn store gift certificates I hope to receive for Christmas...   Wink

This has become the family "joke" with me. Every year people call and say "Hey what do you want for Christmas? Lemme guess... a GC to Joann's?!" Every year my husband and his sister have boxes under the tree with their names on them and I have envelopes, lol. Whenever I see cool stuff on here I do the same thing and think "Ooh! I'll have to get that with the GC my FIL will give me!" Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2006 10:57:45 AM »

Well thats kinda the way to go for the gift giver, especially if you have no clue about yarn. Everybody is happy! I tried to post this yesterday but kept getting an error sooo....I know its a little late to answer tinfoilvalentine's questions about knitting backwards but I did find a couple links to videos that will hopefully help people out!
this one has it at the veeeeery bottom
http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/purl.php
http://agengr2004.typepad.com/insomniacs_wonderland/2006/09/knitting_backwa.html
http://persnicketyknitter.blogspot.com/2006/03/sdrawkcab-gnittink.html
Also Michael's is having a sale on the SWS according to the flyer on their site. You can get 2 for 10 which saves you a dollar per skein. I am unfortunately 500 dollars in the hole due to buying dependable all weather tires for the upcomming season and a used spinning wheel.  I have been eyeballing some Noro vendors on ebay. So I really do want to join you guys but it will probably be in a month or so Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
inle_rah
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2006 05:34:29 AM »

It's true.  Better a gift certificate than yarn you don't like.  My family tries.  They really do, but they always manage to get yarn in a color or texture that I just don't like (although sometimes I suspect it is because they want me to use it to make something for them.   Wink

I thought I was going to be able to start this, but it looks like not until the end of the year, as I can't find the yarn I was going to use, and have no money to buy more.  In the meantime, I will enjoy watching everyone else's progress.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
615bride
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2006 06:10:25 AM »

Hey everyone! Can I join in? I'm close to finishing my first Lady E but I never saw this and so I'm hoping I can still join in. I'm using Noro Kureyon 124 and loving it. I'm agonizing over the fringe. I like the way it looks but have read a lot of blogs saying it gets caught on everything and isn't very practical. I have a 17 month old so fancy fringe is not my friend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyknit
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2006 06:26:26 AM »

I like the fringe, but I gonna do it shorter, like you said is easy to get caught on things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koshare
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2006 07:15:45 AM »

I'm going to do the long knotted fringe.  If I don't like it or it is a pain, it can always be redone.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2006 08:56:10 AM »

Hey everyone! Can I join in? I'm close to finishing my first Lady E but I never saw this and so I'm hoping I can still join in. I'm using Noro Kureyon 124 and loving it. I'm agonizing over the fringe. I like the way it looks but have read a lot of blogs saying it gets caught on everything and isn't very practical. I have a 17 month old so fancy fringe is not my friend!

Welcome to the Eleanor group! Never too late to join in on entrelac action. Grin

I too am torn on the fringe. I'm making it for my mom so I might just do the fringe and then if she doesn't think she'll like it, like Koshare said, it can always be redone or undone. The fringe adds such a sense of romance to it, but I have visions of the romance getting caught in file drawers... XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2006 09:12:31 AM »

I might join you guys sooner than I thought! I went to Joanns yesterday to score some coupons to use at my lys. This particular one had just been remodeled so it had special coupons. So I got one for 15 dollars off any purchase of 50 or more which can be used in conjunction with other coupons and I have a 10% off entire purchase coupon too. Hello Noro.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Disco Stu - 43rd Drawing
How to Draw a Multi-Eyed Squirrel - 53rd Drawing
How to Draw Lisa Simpson - 14th Drawing
How to Draw Teenage Marge - 47th Drawing
How to Draw Hans Moleman - 26th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...