A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Eleanor Round 2?  (Read 45096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

615bride
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2006 04:25:00 AM »

Looking good Nymeria!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mscrafty
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2006 08:17:17 AM »

That's lovely Nymeria.  The blocks look fine to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyknit
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2006 10:21:51 PM »

I have finish the lady eleanor stole two day ago Grin Grin currently on blocking. I didn't finish the 10 balls of noro, cos is getting too long, is about 74" when  I pin it down to block.. can't wait to attach the fringe, I have cut out the fringe using a cardbroad as measurement. I cut out a cardbroad on 20" ( half of the lenght) and start wrap the yarn around the card, tie on one end and cut loose on the other end, and you will have all the yarn on 20" long. so don't have to measure every string.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2006 05:47:06 AM »

great idea, i never thought of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2006 06:10:54 AM »

Congrats on finishing, Prettyknit! That is a great idea about the fringe, I'm notoriously bad about sloppy fringe measuring. Please post a pic once you attach those badboys so we can see! Even folded up it looks beautiful! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2006 07:49:46 AM »

From what I can see peeking through there that looks great! And the yarn that youve wrapped around the cardboard really shows off the colors. Can't wait to see it on you.  I'm going to see if I can hunt down the book today after school.  Just curious though, if for some reason after seeing the LE pattern if I like the pattern for the entrelace stole I have already can I use that instead and join you guys?  Embarrassed I was just thinking about it and I really like the jagged border. We'll see tho I'll wait til I get the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Nymeria

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2006 09:47:14 AM »

Just curious though, if for some reason after seeing the LE pattern if I like the pattern for the entrelace stole I have already can I use that instead and join you guys?  Embarrassed I was just thinking about it and I really like the jagged border.

Of course, dah-ling. We'll just think of it as a "intro to entrelac" KAL. Wink

I've not been able to work on mine since I posted that picture. I am going to try to work on it tonight. My goal is to go through at *least* two more skeins by the weekend and then hopefully the last two by the end of Turkey week. *crossing fingers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymeria

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2006 09:59:49 AM »

Okay, I have joined ball #6! But as I am getting closer to the end (it's over 1/2 way, that's "close" in my book Grin) I am wondering about blocking. To block or not to block, that is the question!

For those gals who have finished their Lady E, if you blocked it would you recommend it? Or if you didn't block it are you happy with how it lays? I'm not sure which I want to do.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2006 10:25:18 AM »

Well I got the book the other day and decided to create a "somewhat eleanor"  I liked the pointy ends on the other pattern but the blocks were way too big and I liked the size of the individual squares on LadyE but her dimensions are insane! So I decided to go with the pointy ends but make the squares 8x16 and do 6 squares instead of 8.

I have a tendency to make things way more difficult then they need to be when I'm learning to do something, but to be honest I've found with entrelac it really doesn't matter.  For all of those intimidated to try it its really pretty darn easy.  The only thing I had problems figuring out was picking up stitches purlwise and I've since figured that out.

I'm about 3 tiers in so I'll post pics when I finish with my firt ball. I've heard of people blocking their finished pieces, but they always did so for various reasons. Either to soften the fiber,make it lay a certain way,etc. I'd say when your done if your happy with it great. Personally II'm pretty sure I'll block mine just so my ends turn out nice n' pointy! To fringe or not to fringe...that is my question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
koshare
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006 10:54:05 AM »

To block or not to block, that is the question!

For those gals who have finished their Lady E, if you blocked it would you recommend it? Or if you didn't block it are you happy with how it lays? I'm not sure which I want to do.  Undecided

I blocked it and it improved the look 1000%!!!  It was all lumpy and bumpy and ratty looking and now it's a smooth and fabulous WORK OF ART!  Yes, I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

I'm also glad I spent the hour and half doing the knotted fringe.  It's gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Sandpaper
Japanese Calligraphy Symbols
How to Preserve a Newspaper Clipping
How to Press Flowers and Leaves
How to Reuse Old Business Cards
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...