A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Round 2 Swap Gallery!!  (Read 8098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006 02:18:11 AM »

Here is a picture of the card that went with my swap package to ambraqi (see above)

...and the list of things:

My crafts:

• An America themed frame with an ATC inside (I guess this is really ONE craft item, but I separated them in the list below to make it easier to find the different things in the pictures.)
• A knitting needle roll
• A painted t-shirt
• Magnets to organise weekly schedule on the fridge
• A furry friend
• An anthracite finger ring
• A glow in the dark ghost fabric for my partner to craft something from.
• And the card I sent, slightly altered.

1)   A barbie (or barbie body parts) – Barbie silhouette on the t-shirt and barbie foot (on her toe as usual) on the ATC.
  2) A beautiful scent – Apples are both one of mine and one of ambraqi’s favourites. Apples are on the t-shirt and ATC.
 3) A bra – on the ATC
 4) A Breakfast Treat – Again the apple (t-shirt and ATC). I really consider apples a breakfast treat. That’s probably not very American of me (but then again I am Swedish =)), but I love to eat apples in the morning. There’s fruit on the card as well.
 5) A Canadian Flag – on the ATC
 6) A Hockey Skate – on the t-shirt and ATC
 7) A Kitchen Utensil – Knife on the ATC
 8 ) A photo – Picture on two people in a frame on the ATC and Oprah, Bea et.c. on the frame
 9) A Scarecrow – on the ATC
10) A silhouette (of anything) – of Barbie on the t-shirt and a strange head on the ATC.
11) A skeleton key – on the ATC
12) Alcoholic Beverage (Note that it is against Craftster policy to send any actual alcohol through the mail!!) – wine bottle on the ATC and whiskey on the frame.
13) An advertisement for a product or company that no longer exists – on the card
14) An unusual animal – the giant squid/octopus (don’t know what is the correct English name) on the ATC. It’s very rare. Actually the squids try to mate with every other squid they meet regardless of what sex it is in pure desperation. I guess the heart snake on the t-shirt is kind of unusual too. =)
15) Bea Arthur – on the frame
16) Carosel Horse – on the ATC
17) Chicken Wire – on the ATC
18) Clock – on the t-shirt and ATC

19) Corvette – on the frame
20) Dinosaurs – on the ATC. By the way, they are quite unusual animals nowadays as well. =)
21) Elmo – on the frame
22) Fabric Flowers ( Tutorial: http://www.heatherbailey.typepad.com/) – Couldn’t get to the tutorial, but I placed fabric flowers anyway on the furry friend.
23) Goblet – Barbie is holding one on the t-shirt and there is one on the ATC.
24) Hot Air Balloon – on the t-shirt and on the ATC.
25) Ink – Ink blob on the ATC
26) Irridescent sequins – on the card (if I understood correctly what irridescent sequins are. I really hope so!)
27) Kewpie doll – on the frame
28) Keys – on the ATC
29) Kite – on the t-shirt and on the ATC
30) Oprah – on the frame
31) Organic items from nature (ie pinecone, rocks, straw) – Don’t know if the apple tree on the t-shirt counts. Otherwise the ring with a rock
32) Pink Paper – on the frame
33) Pom poms – on the ATC
34) Rainbow or pride – rainbow on the ATC
35) Silverware – A trophy is considered silverware (Barbie is holding one on the t-shirt) and there is a glass on the ATC.
36) Small Mirrors – on the frame
37) Something "Day of the week" themed – the magnets.
38) Something anatomically correct – the skeleton on the frame
39) Something bumpy – the road sign on the ATC
40) Something from a computer game – pacman on the ATC, and I am sure that corvettes (on the frame) shows up in quite a few computer games as well. =)
41) Something from the ocean – fish on the ATC, and I’m pretty sure that the furry friend came from the ocean as well... well, didn’t we all in the early beginning of life on Earth (i.e. if you don’t believe in the FlyingSpaghettiMons ter version), even Oprah (on the frame)
42) Something Fuzzy – the furry friend (and a picture of him on the ATC), and the pictures of the kewpies on the frame are kind of fuzzy as well.
43) Something glow-in-the-dark – the fabric piece with ghosts
44) Something heart shaped – hearts on the ATC and the spots on the snake on the t-shirt
45) Something Lime Green – there are lots of green shades (among them lime green) on the furry friend
46) Something Music related – notes on the ATC, and I guess that figure scating (even if done with hockey skates) is music related as well (the t-shirt). Oh and of course the fabric for the knitting needle roll.
47) Something musical – see 46 (ATC, t-shirt, knitting needle roll), and isn’t champagne in a way kind of musical too? =) (the card)
48) Something oval & blue – the clock on the t-shirt
49) Something plastic – the furry friend’s eyes
50) Something purple and shiney – the small glass thingies on the frame and the bead on the furry friend’s flower
51) Something reconned from a failed craft (never finshed or disliked) – pieces for the fabric flower on the furry friend were laying around since I was working on a doll’s dress with fabric flowers on it. (I hope that is what reconned means.)
52) Something retro – The glasses on the ATC (kind of sixties), the fabric on the knitting needle roll, and isn’t Bea Arthur (on the frame) kind of retro too? and the card.
53) Something round and shiney – the irridescent sequins on the card and the glass thingies on the frame (and the mirrors), and maybe the LP records on the knitting needle roll as well; oh, and the bead on the furry friend and the ring with the anthracite.
54) Something shiney – see 53 (card, frame, knitting needle roll, furry friend and ring)
55) Something specific to the state you live in – the Swedish flag on the ATC, and the drink (Pommis, not made anymore) on the card.
56) Something speckled – the snakes on the ATC and the t-shirt
57) Something that deals with your favorite band or music – I like computer generated music (early synthesizer stuff), so the computer on the ATC and the LP records on the knitting needle roll.
58) Something that reminds you of fall – again apples (t-shirt, ATC and card)
59) Something to do with literature or writing – book and pencil on the ATC, the declaration on the frame.
60) Something to keep your partner warm this winter – the furry friend. He may not be big, but he can warm you with his kindness (and the soft, soft fur)
61) Something with partners favorite flavor or scent – the apples as mentioned before (t-shirt, ATC and card)
62) Something with penguins on it – the t-shirt and ATC.
63) Something you can read – the book on the ATC and declaration on the frame
64) Something you see in Winter – Letters you see in “winter” are on the ATC, the knitting needle roll fabric and the card; oh, and the magnets... and on the frame. And the skate on the t-shirt as well.
65) Spider – on the ATC
66) Starfish – on the ATC
67) Sushi – on the ATC
68) Tea – on the ATC
69) The numbers from LOST (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) – all on the ATC

That’s all I think. 47 things on the ATC, 21 on the t-shirt, 20 on the frame, 11 on the card, 10 on the furry friend, 7 on the knitting needle roll, 3 on the ring, 2 on the magnets  and 1 on the fabric piece (60 on the ATC+frame if they count as one). In total 121. =)

I don't know if the ATC is considered cheating. If you think it is, that would be alright with me.

If you don't see all things in the pictures, I would be happy to post more pictures. Sometimes you need different angles.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006 12:43:36 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006 02:51:52 AM »

Oh, and ambraqi, I got your package today! or really it came yesterday, but my boyfriend hid it until today, since today is my birthday.  Grin It's a great birthday present. I already tried the shrinky dinks! and the cd is great. It's my birthday's theme music now.  Cheesy

Will post pictures.

I'm 30 now. Oooold...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006 02:57:27 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006 03:47:36 AM »

Bizarre? Bizarre? whatever do you mean??

Glad you liked everything Sewing Lori  Smiley I did a happy dance when I found the chickenwire fabric, I have to admit
  just wondering, as i gather you're an aussie (and i think i've seen another aussie craftster using that fabric,  where did the fabric for the retro apron come from?

thanks!

Anna Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006 09:13:50 AM »

It's good to see more great packages are arriving. It took me awhile to get that that was Bea Arthur riding the horse with Oprah, but once I figured it out, it really cracked me up!! And what a cute little green creature you got Ambraqi. He looks like he will be cuddly to curl up with at night.

Can't wait to see everyone elses creativity at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006 12:53:56 PM »

I should have posted pictures of my awesome package from ambraqi earlier, but here it is anyway:

A lovely bracelet with lots of little charms of different kinds. Items included: 11, 14, 20, 31, 41, 44, 45, 49, 50, 66 = 10 items

A mix cd. I really like the music! I love the classic British stuff! Items included: 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 32, 37, 46, 47, 52, 53, 54, 57, 63, 65, 68 = 19 items

Really well made hat with pins! Items included: 2, 33, 34, 39, 42, 44, 49, 58, 60, 62, 64 = 11 items

In total 38 items, I think.

I also got this great shrinky dink kit (some of my early pieces are also in the picture  Grin):

...and this lovely sheep! She blends in very well with my other stuffies now.

Thank you so much ambraqi!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006 01:02:55 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

winter83
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006 11:26:22 PM »

Padray recieved her package so here are the pictures of what I sent her. I was late getting everything done so I slacked a lot of the scavenger hunting part and just tried to make things I thought she would like.

There is a painted t-shirt, painted shoes, a hip belt, and a pair of arm warmers that can be changed into socks if she didn't like them as arm warmers.

I also sent her a necklace but it wasn't around for the picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006 04:32:57 AM »

The sheep is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006 06:14:12 PM »

winter83, did you paint those shoes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

winter83
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006 08:49:54 AM »

yep I painted them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006 10:18:14 AM »

winter83, did you paint those shoes?
yep I painted them

They're reallly cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Fashion: Shoulderless Shirt
Lunchtime Live -- New Fashion Mistakes In The Office
Best Bikini Bottoms to Flaunt Your Butt
Make Your Own Fringe Shirt For the Beach!
DIY Beach Fashion: Stenciled Shorts & a Beach Coverup
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...