A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Round 2 Swap Gallery!!  (Read 9028 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006 05:13:45 AM »

OMG!!! That clock is just inGENIOUS!

Being able to see the contents of the dino's belly is awsome!

You guys are really creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006 06:22:25 PM »

Stuff is fantastic, so far!  I love the clock.

I need to sign up for the next one of these because I can see that I wasn't thinking 'outside the box' enough when I made my items.  Oh well, I can't do anything now that I've already send (and should hopefully be there soon!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006 06:22:28 AM »

I received from lady4feet yesterday!  It's a wonderful package filled with nice, cozy things.  I'm wearing my warm, penguin-print pajama pants, and I know none of you can wait to see my shrinky plastic Bea Arthur silhouette cameo!   Cheesy  I'd post photos now, but my goblet etched with heart shapes is in the dishwasher (I'm going to make some of my hot cocoa and put it in the goblet so you can see the etching in the photo).  Thank you, lady4feet!  Yours is in the mail!

I'm glad you liked everything, I had so many more things I thought of doing but ran out of time. Right now there is a naked Barbie sitting in my craft box going "why am I here?" lol.

I received from BigMouth yesterday. I love everything! I wish I could post pics but my computer is screwed up right now hopefully bigmouth can (or maybe I can email you photos if you didn't take any). I received a awesome serving tray, note cards, a adorable hoodie and a cute little trinket box. Thanks again bigmouth!

Edit: My computer works!! Hopefully it will continue to work now, if it does I'll post pics tonight.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006 09:44:00 AM by lady4feet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006 04:24:50 PM »

Edit: My computer works!! Hopefully it will continue to work now, if it does I'll post pics tonight.
And if you do, I can post the list of what I used (since I forgot to put it in the box, and some of them are reeeealllly hard to identify).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
lady4feet
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006 06:26:49 PM »

And if you do, I can post the list of what I used (since I forgot to put it in the box, and some of them are reeeealllly hard to identify).

Whew thank goodness! I'm going I think this is what she means but I'm not sure. Here are some not all that great pics of the awesome items bigmouth sent me.

Note cards, I love love love the bra one! You can see the serving tray in the background

The serving tray close up, it's a really crappy pic. I tried over 10 times to get a good one before I gave up  Angry. I'm so entranced by it everytime I look at it I see something new. You guys will just have to trust me on it's awesomeness.

My wonderful hoodie with a kite and hot airballoon appliques.

I also got a cute little trinket box with a fabric flower on top, it's painted red and black my favorite colors. My ferret Nibby decided to try and steal it so it got put up on the shelf and missed the photo shoot.

Everythings so great. I keep showing everything to my Hubby but he doesn't seem as impressed as I am that you used so many items  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006 07:15:44 PM »

Great stuff you got and I agree the bra card is too funny!! Any idea who you will be sending that one to?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006 07:34:15 PM »

I'm so glad you like it!  I have the checklist with the scavenger hunt items I used, but I forgot to put a copy in your box.  
Here's a clearer picture of the image on the tray:

And the little box:  

I used 33 list items in the tray.  A little explanation:  I started with the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper" album art, and replaced some characters and details with things from the list.  I'd never worked with resin before, and I didn't realize it would make some of the paper cut-outs translucent.  Oh, well.  I thought it was fun.
The tray uses:  1 (Barbie), 5 (Canadian flag), 8 (photo), 9 (Scarecrow--by the way, it's the same Wizard of Oz Scarecrow that lady4feet used on my clock!), 10 (silhouette), 14 (unusual animal--bottom right; it's from Africa; I don't remember the name, but I'd never heard of it before), 15 (Bea Arthur), 16 (carousel horse), 20 (dinosaurs), 21 (Elmo), 25 (ink), 26 (iridescent sequins, in the resin), 27 (kewpie doll), 30 (Oprah), 32 (pink paper, in the resin), 34 (rainbow, on the drum), 38 (anatomically correct--animals and people!), 40 (from a computer game--Mario), 41 (from the ocean--starfish), 44 (heart shaped, on Barbie's sleeve), 46 & 47 (music related/musical), 49 (plastic--tray), 52 (retro--Beatles!), 54 (shiny--resin), 55 (specific to my state--one of the faces is from the VA flag), 57 (fav. band/music), 58 (reminds you of fall--scarecrow), 59 (lit. or writing--several writers from the original cover are left intact), 62 (penguins), 63 (you can read it, right?), 64 (something from winter--snowman face), 66 (starfish).

Whew!  The little box has three additional items:  12 (fabric flower from the tutorial), 51 (reconned from failed craft--this was attempt #3 on this little box!), 53 (round & shiny button).

The cards have 7 more items:  3 (bra), 12 (alcoholic beverage), 13 (advertisement for product/company that no longer exists--check out the stereo and the Peter Pan bras! Cheesy), 23 (goblet--holding beer!!), 45 (lime green), 48 (oval & blue), 50 (purple & shiny).

And the sweatshirt:  12 more items.  These are harder to see, because I scanned things on to iron-on transfer paper.  They looked awesome, and I was so excited.  But the gray sweatshirt fabric was a little too dark, and some of them don't show up very well.  Here's what's behind all the jumbly images:  4 (breakfast treat; they look like Froot Loops or Cheerios, but they're donuts), 7 (kitchen utensil; lowest image on balloon is of spoons), 19 (Corvette; the balloon basket is from a hood with the logo), 24 (hot air balloon), 29 (kite), 33 (pom poms; one of the kite images was a photo of cheerleader pom poms.  They would have looked awesome on white fabric...), 35 (silverware), 37 (day of the week; above the spoons image is TGI Friday's!), 56 (speckled--flags on kite tail), 60 (to keep warm), 67 (sushi; image above donuts), 68 (tea; green part of kite is a tea field).

Ack!  Long post!  In all, I used 56 items.  And I can see myself forming a resin habit, because I really liked using it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
winter83
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006 05:15:41 PM »

that was a really awesome idea to put all of those things into the picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane feebles
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006 01:10:11 AM »

I got my package from SewingLori today, it rocks!
Not only did she use 27 items (that I've counted) but they're all items really suited to me  Smiley

We'll work our way through (pic heavy, I got lots of stuff)
A cute cute retro bag (Something retro)

A Bea Arthur Box, hilarious! (Failed art project, Bea Arthur, Photo, Fabric Flower, Ink, Star and Speckled)

Crazy Brooch (Irridescent sequin, Organic item from nature, Pompom, Something from the Ocean), Heart shaped, Lime green, Blue and Oval, Plastic, Purple and Shiny, Round and shiny, shiny)

Stuffy Eggs and Bacon, yay! Going next to my felt sandwich- all I need now is felt dinner and the set is complete  Grin (A breakfast treat, Fuzzy)

Green Trinket box (A clock [inside], pompom, lime green)

A journal (Something to do with writing)

A phot holding fork. I freaking LOVE this thing! I'm going to use it to hold my favourite polaroid. Sorry about the silver on grey thing (A kitchen utensil, failed art project)

A christmas card (held by the photofork) (Something you see in Winter, Silhouette, Pompoms, scarf to keep you warm [it's summer over here folks, the last thing I need is a real one I have to stare at for 6 months  Cheesy])

And that, I believe, is that. Thanks so much SewingLori, I didn't feel the loss of your hot glue gun at all!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
SewingLori
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006 08:00:45 AM »

Glad you liked it. The glue gun is still gone.  Cry I'm so confused as to where it would have ended up. Maybe it is in my son's toybox.  Undecided
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006 10:30:38 AM by SewingLori » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Richie on Her Hairstyling
Cameron Diaz on Her New Short Haircut
Katy Perry Vs. Kelly Osbourne: Who Rocks The Purple Hair Better?
How to Get "Gossip Girl" Waves
Learn How to Do a Dutch Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...