A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: vegetarian wear  (Read 2871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004 04:11:02 PM »

well, a pro-meat shirt would make sense if you think that people specifically shouldn't be vegetarian because you think killing and eating animals totally rules.  but if you just eat meat because you think it tastes good and you aren't particularly concerned about animals rights or something, like 99% of meat eaters i'd venture to guess, then a pro-meat shirt doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

i am vegetarian because i think the world would be a better place* if more people ate a meatless diet.  if you think the would would be a better place if everyone ate meat, whatever, go to it.

*i won't go into all the of specifics, this boils it down
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"you're ms. thinks-she's-pretty"
-one of my 3rd graders
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004 04:24:40 PM »

You can be for animals right an still eat meat. Believe me its possible.
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004 04:33:00 PM »

i know you can like animals and still eat meat, i just don't understand why you would wear a pro-meat shirt if you're for animals rights.  my point was that if you wanted to wear a pro-meat shirt you'd pretty much have to be ANTI animals all together, and think that people who were vegetarians were hurting the world or society or something (because a pro-meat shirt would be specifically anti-vegetarian; if not literally, it would at least carry that connotation)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004 04:36:44 PM by letsread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-one of my 3rd graders
Lindsayanne
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004 05:17:41 PM »

veggies, don't hate me.

I 'm not a huge meat eater but I used to have this black shirt that said PETA in really big yellow letters and underneath that it said "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals". I wore it just for the odd looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HardLuckGal
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004 02:20:02 PM »

while i think that Letsread is justified in her opinion, i highly doubt you're going to convert any of us meat eaters into vegitarians thru this thread.  pretty much what's gonna happen is this is gonna turn into a big ethical debate, when really the original poster only wanted opinions on her site and product.  if you're a vegetarian and think that the products are perfect as they are, that's awesome, buy one.  just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004 02:45:57 PM »

i'm not trying to convert anyone to vegetarianism (did i ever say that?), it just makes me sad when people wear pro-meat-eating shirts.  meat-eaters are the majority in this society, and wearing a shirt that makes sure that people know you're a member of the majority seems pretty redundant and silly.  it's like "straight pride" shirts, only less offensive because vegetarians aren't actually disciminated against like homosexuals are, but you get my point.  why do you need to make a point that you're a member of a group that includes 90% of the population?

i'm not trying to convert the whole board to vegetarianism (but i mean, it's not like that would make be sad), i'm just saying that if i saw someone wearing that i'd think they thought my choice of diet was somehow bad for me or for society, and i doubt that most people here think that vegetarians are wrong for not eating meat, a lot of you just wouldn't make that choice for yourself.

i was just pointing out the messages that many people would see behind a pro-meat shirt besides the most benign message "i am an omnivore."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-one of my 3rd graders
K8upL8
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004 03:07:07 PM »

Most of my friends are Vegetarians or worse Vegan. A few of the vegan have moved back to just vegetarians because they were getting sick. It is hard to maintain I hear. I need all the I eat meat help i can get! Do you know what it is like trying to find a restaurant that makes us all happy? They rib me all the time.
And anyway, sometimes it just plain sucks being part of the majority because it isn't PC to have a tshirt or a button or a right to just say you are who you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HardLuckGal
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004 03:50:43 PM »

.... agian missing the point of this whole thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K8upL8
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004 04:05:05 PM »

No... I said Pro meat shirt would be a good idea... I believe that was asked or mentioned
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004 04:23:17 PM »

she asked if it would be offensive if she made pro-meat shirts to go along with the no-meat ones, and i said yeah, kind of.

but the more i think about it, i'm wavering.

i think it's kind of annoying when people find out i'm a vegetarian and they look at my confused and go "huh, why?"  not because i don't really want to tell them, but because i think that everyone should have to answer that question.  i think everyone's diet is a choice, whether you choose to eat meat or dairy, etc. or not.  if you've chosen to eat meat, maybe you should talk about it, and wearing a pro-meat shirt would invite people to talk about how all diets have an effect on both the consumer and the world, and everyone chooses their own diet for a specific reason.

so, i changed my mind.  make it, and then invite people who have chosen all different kinds of eating lifestyles to talk about why they choose to eat meat or why they choose not to, because vegetarians or vegans aren't the only people who think about what they eat and why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-one of my 3rd graders
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Summer to Fall Fashion Trends
Top 5 Pool Party Looks For Summer
7 Different Ways to Style the Same White Tee
DIY Beach Babe Tip-Off
Celebrities Rocking the Leather Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...