A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fun with beads and glitter and sequins and paint and...!!!  (Read 1788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aeroplane
« on: September 10, 2004 11:28:01 PM »

ok, so this is more of an "art project" than a "craft project", but it's really all a grey area anyway, isn't it?  i'm getting a head start on christmas gifts and i had my grandmother in mind when i made this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/striped/mer.jpg

it's just foam board with lots of things glued to it: glitter, sequins, beads, etc, with the painting in the middle on watercolor glued to it.  the painting is watercolor and the product of MANY failed attempts because i'm no artist.  i chose to go with a general impression rather than specifics... i try painting things like eyes and flower petals and fingers and it all goes god-awful!  it's not completely done, as i plan to add a spray sealent to the beadwork etc, and glue some ribbon along the edges- where the raw edges of the foam board show through.  i might paint the back too- it's kind of tore up from when i got frustrated cutting :p

please let me know your thoughts!  i'm getting back into arts and crafting after a couple month lull and i love constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011 02:03:12 PM by kittykill - Reason: image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
c_zimmerman724
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004 11:32:07 PM »

I like it. Your grandma must be really cool to get a painting like that. Mine wouldn't like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeroplane
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004 11:48:10 PM »

actually, i'm kinda worried about that.  she's like... a classy lady.  she has signed prints and things up in her living room.  so i'm getting my mom's opinion and if she thinks nay... well, *i* like it!  i'll keep it!  lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkabrain
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004 02:41:03 AM »

So very, very pretty. I think you did pretty damn good with the painting, being neat with detailing when it comes to paint isn't always easy. So well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

c_zimmerman724
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004 03:01:07 AM »

I'm sure that she will really love it, especially since its homemade and she knew you put alot of time into it. Grammas are cool like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheekylilcraftsta

To imagine is to create

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004 04:11:15 AM »

whoah...that painting is gorgeous...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004 10:25:45 AM »

That is beyond cool. I'm sure your grandmother will adore it... not just love it. Adore it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Tote Bag
How to Sew
How to Make the Advanced Model of Paper Airplane
How to Make a Shirt Out of Paper
How to Make a Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...