A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red and White Classic Baby Quilt  (Read 6635 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tamagotchi
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006 03:00:36 PM »

Those fabrics are beautiful!  I think a quilt using those fabrics would be something you could use even when you got older, like an heirloom piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
knit_north
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006 03:25:26 PM »

wow! i love them! (i really like the combo in the second pic)

ps - super kind of you to make the quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gink
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006 04:53:22 PM »

Yeah, I think that totally will work. I think what I was trying to get at was that I thought the bigger floral print should be used in larger pieces because otherwise it might look odd. It looks like it will make a stunning quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006 04:58:46 PM »

I'd pick those fabrics for a baby girl...in fact those fabrics are very similar to the quilt that I had in my little girl's crib at first before we got her a matching crib/room decor set.

Bravo...can't wait to see the quilt!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
cinnamon teal
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006 04:59:26 PM »

I love that you are using non-babyish prints!  I also love that you are using red instead of pink and pastels.  Personally I'm not really crazy about the big rose patterned fabric but I think it's going to look great just the same.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006 05:09:29 PM »

YES!  I love these fabrics.

And I'm preg, too, so if she doesn't like it, you can send it to me  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
gingerquilts
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006 05:10:07 PM »

I think it will look great.  It is amazing how easy it is to scrutinize a particular fabric but when they're all together they look great.  How do you plan to quilt it and what are you using as the backing fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006 06:29:39 PM »

I love love the colours! It's got a lovely classy country style feel...what are you using the stripes for? I think it'd look great as the edging (I have only half made one quit before...so I don't know if 'edging' is the right term...you know what I mean though, don't you?)

I'm glad you are using that large floral print in big pieces too, because you mentioned that the crib is red (I think) and it would be a bit of an overload of red without some large pieces with more cream/white than red...did that make sense?...maybe using the polka dot as the backing would be a bit too much?

All that said, I love the idea of this quilt and I love your kindness in doing this for your friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006 08:19:40 PM »

what are you using the stripes for? I think it'd look great as the edging

I'm glad you are using that large floral print in big pieces too, because you mentioned that the crib is red (I think) and it would be a bit of an overload of red without some large pieces with more cream/white than red...did that make sense?...maybe using the polka dot as the backing would be a bit too much?

Thanks, I like using the stripes as the edging/border as well!  Great idea!  I am using the polka dot as the backing.  The bumper is red, but the crib itself is a natural wood.

Gingerquilts, in response to your other question...how do I plan to quilt it?  I guess since I am a newbie, I dont' really understand the question!  I am doing it all by machine, if that is what you mean.  I thought about tieing it through with embroidery thread, but figured an infant would pull and chew on them (since that's what my infant does to EVERYthing in sight!).  If you have an easy way for me, I would love to hear it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006 08:55:21 PM »

Thanks, I like using the stripes as the edging/border as well!  Great idea!  I am using the polka dot as the backing.  The bumper is red, but the crib itself is a natural wood.

Glad to be of some sorta help! And since the actual crib is natural wood...it sounds like it will be awesome! Cheesy I'd love to see a photo or two of the finished quilt! I love red...my parents wouldn't let me paint my room red as a  kid because they thought it would make me angry....heheh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Stars Looks For Less From Celeb Boutique
Capes No Longer For Superheroes
Prabal Gurung For Target
Celeb Inspired Funny Halloween Costumes
Target Announces Prabal Gurung Collaboration
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...