A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 5 Year anniversary...all outta ideas!  (Read 920 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bunny of DOOM!
Plastic Dinosaurs are my life.

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2006 06:03:11 AM »

After 5 years i feel like i've given my fiance every gift imaginable, and now i need help! It's our anniversary on Dec 16th. It's always tough to think of something cos then i've got Christmas to worry about too so soon!

I would kill for any great ideas you guys might have. I've done soppy love letters a-plenty, also a box of lovey stuff, vouchers, paper roses, scrapbook etc. in the past so i need something different and funky!

He is 24, a cameraman for the nightly news over here, recently got his motorbike license, he likes fiddly manly things like robot kits etc (but he has done all the ones at our local electronic store), going to the movies, um... chocolate pudding  Roll Eyes

Neither of us drink or smoke or anything so that rules out some stuff i guess. I've been all through the Boyfriend thread time and time again but i can't find anything very "him".

HELP!! Thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006 11:35:37 AM »

Have you done "the reasons why I love you?" Maybe you could make one of those daily calendars (the kind where one page=one day). You could get it made at a store like kinkos. You could spread out photos of you two through out the months, and each day could have one inside joke/memory/reason why you love him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
spoofie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006 01:14:36 PM »

-reasons i love you
-tool kit with little notes in like with all loads of tools
-make your own lil robot out of wood, or a kit and make it so when he puts it together it has like something cute on it
-get him camera stuff,a new camera, camera bag, tho if hes a camera man his cam might b big hmmm

might help if you say what you have got him in the past, a budget, and what you have/can buy ,, and what you can do. Just to give us a few more ideas, im stuck on anniversary gifts too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninosgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006 04:21:29 PM »

Years ago when love was still fun(before children), I put my husband on one of those hunts where you leave him a clue that will lead him to the next clue all around town. At the end, the last clue could be for a certain hotel or even the airport. Do you understand? I think kids have really warped my brain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bunny of DOOM!

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006 10:08:08 PM »

Thanks so much guys for the ideas!
Ok,
Have you done "the reasons why I love you?"
A couple of years back i filled his bedroom (when he still lived at home) with balloons, one for every month we had been together, and each had a choccy heart & a reason why i loved him inside  Grin He liked that cos he got to run around popping them all! I do like the idea of a personal calendar though- might see if i can give that a go. Ta!
-make your own lil robot out of wood, or a kit and make it so when he puts it together it has like something cute on it
I love this idea to absolute bits but i don't think id have a clue how to go about it! Anyone have any suggestions? I might post a thread up somewhere asking if anyone has tried anything similar.
Years ago when love was still fun(before children), I put my husband on one of those hunts where you leave him a clue that will lead him to the next clue all around town. At the end, the last clue could be for a certain hotel or even the airport. Do you understand? I think kids have really warped my brain.
I love that idea too, but he's really shy and i don't know how he'd feel about it! Plus i don't have my drivers license so it might be tricky for me to get around to certain places. So sweet though Smiley I'd love for someone to do that to me. Aww, im sure you still have fun with the kids too!
might help if you say what you have got him in the past, a budget, and what you have/can buy ,, and what you can do. Just to give us a few more ideas, im stuck on anniversary gifts too.
Hrmmm, well i've got him pretty much everything i can think of material-wise...playstation2, camera, surf board, big TV, metal detector, MOTORBIKE! I've written him poetry, given him framed photos, even bought him a little cactus and painted the pot!
I'm pretty broke at the moment and i can't see it getting any easier cos it's so close to Christmas which is why i was trying to think of sweet, cheapish ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006 10:19:07 PM »

If you want to do something on the sexy side you can check out this thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=65054.0

otherwise I'm stumped.  Boys are tough to craft for. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tardmuffin
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006 07:54:01 AM »

Boy I feel your pain. My SOs birthday's Dec. 17, then Christmas, then out anniversary the 29th.

You could make a stuffy robot, or if you have weird nicknames for each other, something based on that. (My boy calls me tardmuffin, so I made him a pillow with my idea of what a tard-muffin would look like embroidered on. Cheap, but very personalized)

On the idea of a wooden robot, I don't know of anyone who's made their own, but if it's that he likes to put things together, making your own puzzle is easy too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bunny of DOOM!

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006 08:41:45 AM »

You could make a stuffy robot, or if you have weird nicknames for each other, something based on that. (My boy calls me tardmuffin, so I made him a pillow with my idea of what a tard-muffin would look like embroidered on. Cheap, but very personalized)
On the idea of a wooden robot, I don't know of anyone who's made their own, but if it's that he likes to put things together, making your own puzzle is easy too.
Aw poor thing. It's hard hey? My fiancee's birthday just passed as well so i had to think of something last minute for that too! Ended up getting cable tv installed so he was happy.
I've already made him a robot stuffy before..but its pretty average so i could try a bigger, better one maybe.
I LOVE your pillow idea. Please post a pic, im dying to see the tardmuffin! He dosent call me anything weird though, just the usual lovey nicknames. But i could possibly make something on a pillowcase work. And a puzzles a good idea too! Thanks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VirgoWolf
Crafty Queen of Critters

Lets swap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006 04:43:05 PM »

I'm following this thread too, our 1yr wedding anniversary is the 10th, then Christmas, and we're really poor right now, so any other ideas you get should help me figure something out as well. LOL

Here is something similar to the around-town-hunt idea without making him shy or have a hard time getting around.

For our first valentines day together, I met hubby at the door when he got home from work. I handed him a rose and a heart shaped baloon with a smiley face on it with kiss marks all over his face, told him to follow my heart untill he found the other smiley face. There was a heart shaped (plain latex) baloon just inside the door and a trail of them lead to the bathroom door, when he opened the door, there was a drawn bath with candles all over and a (plain latex) smiley face baloon floating above the tub. When he grabbed the baloon he realized it was weighted down with a glass bottle, I had the bottle filled with sand, shells, and an aged paper with a poem I had written inside. He uncorked it, read the poem, and then I turned on the radio to reveal a CD I made with all our special songs and any song that reminded me of us on it and we took a bath together. It was great and he really appreciated it after a long day at work.

Now my creativity is gone, I can't afford to keep passing up gifts. I got him a pool stick, airsoft guns he was dying for, and even bought him a new $1,100 computer for Christmas last year! So since I am still paying on last year's gift and our reception, LOL, I don't have much to spend this year at all.

So common guys, as many ideas as we can get here, we all need help this year! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Krystal
PERSONAL SWAPS WELCOME!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/virgowolf
Wists: http://www.wists.com/VirgoWolf
homestar
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006 10:16:49 AM »

For my five year anniversary with bf, I made prints of five photos of us--one from each year--and put them in a "collage" style frame that had spaces for five photos.   Then, using a calligraphy pen, I wrote our names and the date of our anniversary in the middle.

Since we started dating when we were 18, it's amazing to see how we have changed.

Anyway, it's simple, sweet, and something that I can enjoy too  Smiley  It now hangs on the wall behind my favorite rocking chair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snake Soup in Hong Kong
Shanghai Hairy Crabs
Making Pearl River Chicken
Kama Sutra Saki Teriyaki Salmon
Great Wall Cookbook Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...