A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: POLICE DEPT and TEXAS themed going away party I NEED IDEA"S HEEELLLLP  (Read 795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LoveByDesign

Lay Bare The Soul

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2006 03:33:58 PM »

Im throwing a going away party for my boyfriend. He's moving to texas....600 miles away  Cry  and  he's attending the police accadamy. i need good cheap, awsome, cheap, cheap ideas. did i say cheap? lol I'm thinking cupcakes with badges on top. a texas shaped cake...thats pretty much it. my invites will say it's a police theme. to get people in the spirit. HELP ME THINK OF MORE IDEAS!! the party is november 10th ! I need help fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006 06:16:11 PM »

Is Dollar Store cheap enough? You should be able to get some police themed toys and stuff there. Badges, cuffs, you know the drill. You can put a line on the floor with masking tape (you know when you get stopped by a cop, suspected of DUI? They make you walk in a straight line?).
That's all I can think of right now. Sorry to hear you guys'll be so far apart
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006 06:20:58 PM »

party store  has  caution tape.   toy cuffs badges etc....  donuts and  coffee  are  the  pun  around  cops (supposed to be a  cop thing)  you could  get a  few  people to  dress as  prisoners.  small note pads (the note taking book)   but have all friend write him little good byes then  you fill one with little love notes and  such.  things he can take with him to remember.    party store may have red/ caution lights  you can rent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
LoveByDesign

Lay Bare The Soul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006 09:42:28 PM »

thanks guys! i love the idea of people writting him notes! i was thinking about going to the $1 store because it's holloween i can get a bunch of cop hats, badges and stuff. thanks for all your ideas keep um comming!

EDIT: Ive been looking at $1 stores and party stores. they have fireman badges (which im proud..my dad's a fireman) and sheriff badges..blah but no one has police badges. the doller store has holloween sets of like a fake badge, a big gun that says like police on it..and im not sure what else...im thinking about just getting like  of those and spredding all the toys out everywhere. where having it in a conference room at my college so people will play i know Smiley anyway..ill keep everyone updated on whats going on!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006 07:59:58 AM by LoveByDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellolove
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006 07:55:28 PM »

Your description automatically made me think of Walker Texas Ranger (that's sad). Wasnt he a police officer, or something like that?

That could be a pretty funny theme now that I think about it, hahah...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

um. yeah. okay.
LOVE, LAUREN
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
How to Make a “No-Cook” BLT Flatbread
Traditional Crawfish Etouffee
How to Make a Grilled Reuben Sandwich
How to Make Your Own Egg McMuffin
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...