A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yes, it's last minute, but I need help!  (Read 1287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinFish
« on: October 24, 2006 02:49:21 PM »

Ok kiddos, here's the deal. My friend is having a "zombie" themed halloween party (come in any costume, get "zombified" with makeup at party, late at night go on zombie shamble).
Now I wasn't planning on going, but today decided it might be fun, so I need to think up a costume that would be really amusing if it got zombified.
For example: one friend is the going as the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, and then will get zombified and be zombie white rabbit. Her girlfriend is going as Marie Anntoinette, who will then get zombified. etc. etc.

ANY ideas are appreciated. Keep in mind that I'm 5'5 and overweight (so no "sexy" or revealing stuff- at least not THAT revealing anyway) , and I'm going with my boyfriend, so any couple ideas would be cute- he's 5'2 and muscular. (Yes. 5'2. I'm not kidding.)

So yeah, any ideas? I have a very limited budget and mediocre sewing skills. PLEASE help me out... I'm kind of at a loss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magdalen

an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006 03:16:08 PM »

I would think that it would be best to zombify cutsy things for the complete transformation into creepy zombie, so I would say be Barbie and your muscular boyfriend can be Ken.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magdalen.etsy.com
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006 05:03:39 PM »

Haha.. I think cute things zombied up would also be pretty funny! Maybe fairy tale or nursery rhyme zombies... i.e. zombie Little Bo Peep, zombie mermaid... um. You get the idea.

Or distort the halloween season with zombified other scary things. (Zombie devil? Zombie Vampire? [although I suppose it's impossible to actually be undead and walking dead at the same time...], Zombie Witch?)

Or with regular occupations! Zombie nurse, zombie cop, zombie construction worker... (Zombie village people. ha.)

Or take a clue from other craftsters, and zombify one of the costumes posted! (bee, pirate... librarian... mario/princess peach). Or here's a good thread of ideas if you want to zombie-up niceness: (thread for costumes that won't make their kids cry Smiley ) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122844.0

Ha. I got into this one. Hope I helped Smiley

EDITED to add: PS It's not the last minute at all! I make costumes spur of the moment every year Cheesy. And don't forget to post pictures!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 05:05:44 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aytchjay
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006 05:25:44 PM »

oooh. Zombie librarian sounds fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinFish
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006 07:20:26 PM »

Thanks for the input, guys! On the idea of cute, I've come up with a couple things, including Hello Kitty, but then I don't know what my boyfriend would be. He wants to go as the cat and bunny from the Ddautta video (here: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ddautta.php) but I don't know if any of my friends that will be at the party have seen it, and I wouldn't want to zombify those costumes, so those are out. Although my brother said we should go as those with shotguns and blunt instruments. Heh.

The other idea I came up with is me as a girl scout, him as a boy scout, but those would be a little complicated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slackferno
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006 07:56:36 PM »

Zombie Slutty Kim Jong-Il!  No, wait...that's absurd. 

Things I'd Like to See Zombi-fied:

Smurfs
Condoleezza Rice
Easter Bunny
Ninja (no grace there...)
Tim Gunn ("Maaaaake it worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr k...")
Britney & K-Fed
Paris Hil...oh, that's redundant.  Besides, when has she ever craved warm, spicy brains?
The Geico Gecko

Or...you could both play "I misunderstood the assignment" and go as ghosts.  I once had a rather profound conversation with someone about the existential duality of ghosts and zombies.  To put it in Descartian terms, a ghost thinks but is not, and a zombie is but thinks not.  Together they achieve an awkward symbiosis.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006 09:17:08 PM »

ZOmbie Slutty Kim Jong Il is even more hilarious. As is the ghost argument. Ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinFish
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006 07:03:22 AM »

Well guys... thanks for your help, but we've decided not to go after all  Tongue
Sorry to make you all wrack your brains (haha) for ideas and then not even use them... but we just don't wanna be zombies this year, we did that last year, so we'll be staying home, eating candy corn, and watching Nightmare Before Christmas. Cheesy
Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006 07:00:29 PM »

Well, I'm glad you posted because I think this is a great idea and I'm going to tuck it away for next year. Enjoy your candy and movie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
psyche

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006 07:01:42 PM »

Haha... it's all good Smiley I liked playing with the idea Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Artistic Gift Tags
How to Create a Ribbon Rose
How to Do a Blanket Stitch
How to Gift Wrap with Tissue Paper
How to Wrap Clothes as Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...