A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another interfacing tip - Use marble slab as ironing board!  (Read 512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rubywoo
« on: October 24, 2006 11:11:09 AM »

I know this has been posted before but I have not seen the post in a really long time and I knew it was worth circulating again since it is such an excellent tip. I was having loads of trouble with pellon craft fuse sticking to my fabrics. I was doing everything that I could possibly think of to get that stuff to bond, no luck. No luck until I read a post here on craftster from a really long time ago... A craftster used a marble slab as an ironing board and ironed the interfacing and fabric right on the marble. Being an avid baker, I have a piece of marble to roll out my pie crusts. Well, I pulled it out this morning and decided to give it a try. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! See, my problem was that the fabric and interfacing would warp and bubble on me when I used my ironing board. I never thought that that was my problem until I actually felt how cushy my iron pad was. The hard surface forced the fabric and craft fuse together. The pad on my ironing board was giving my fabric and interfacing a place to 'melt' into and thus creating all sorts of waves on my fabric. Now I no longer have to throw away those 5 yards of craft fuse I had in my fabric stash. phew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006 11:13:20 AM »

What a good idea!  I wish I had a marble slab Sad  I don't even have ceramic tile!  I don't think ironing on formica or linoleum is a good idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits .blogspot.com
sparklinglove
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006 05:58:01 PM »

I used iron on pellon my first time yesturday. And I did it right, but for some reason, the side I iron was sticking to the iron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rubywoo
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006 07:47:30 PM »

You were probably ironing the fusible side. Make sure you are placing the shiny side (put it against the light and you will be able to tell) onto the fabric. Use the hottest heat your iron will allow with no steam and press firmly for a few seconds, then lift, overlap the part you just ironed and press and so on. Tryit. let me know if it worked for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms. Rosie

Helpz Mommee is a cwazee cat ladee!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006 03:54:17 AM »

Smiley I know where I can get a marble slab (I think) -- I will have to try this as I get mixed results with my efforts with interfacing.  Thanks for the tip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ok, so I am the crazy cat lady.  Live with it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bumble Bee Halloween Makeup Tutorial
How to Get Kerry Washington’s Elle Cover Look
CFL Reader Virginia Guidel Gets a Makeover!
CFL Reader Virginia Guidel Tries a Hot Night Look
CFL Reader Stephany Prata Paiva Tries a Hot Night Look
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...