A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone here done Razor's Edge before? SnB: Nation  (Read 1052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katbaggins
Knitting Knewbie

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2006 04:26:30 PM »

I'm at my wit's end! I've posted this online and asked someone at my lys and no one can help!

I just rejoined after the neck and I'm at the part in the (corrected) pattern below that's in bold:

"Rejoin neck as follows: With first skein of yarn, p across all stitches. Break yarn from second skein, leaving a 6" tail. Next row: Work 36 sts in pattern, sl1, k3tog, psso, continue in pattern to end of row. Continue with pattern as written from line that begins "Work in main lace patt until..."

Here's the problem, though: the second I do that bolded portion, my whole lace pattern is off for the rest of the row. It's fine before that, but afterwards everything is off by a few stitches.

I'm so annoyed right now I'm considering just doing the row anyway, mistakes and all, and knitting whatever is left over and hoping no one notices that one whole row is wrong.

Is there a mistake in the corrected pattern too? Help! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitting blog:
http://woolinsunshine.blogspot.com/
Amethyst
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006 06:13:51 PM »

This is just the opinion of someone who hasn't done this pattern before, but maybe it's supposed to be k2tog. Have you tried that? Would that give you the right count, you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katbaggins
Knitting Knewbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006 08:22:47 PM »

I tried that too Sad Usually it's k2tog (in the rest of the pattern) but this row is different (I think) because you add an extra stitch before you split for the neck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlayItGeorge
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006 07:43:33 AM »

Have you double checked that you have the right amount of stitches on the needle at that point?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
katbaggins
Knitting Knewbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006 10:48:21 AM »

I'll have to go home and count again. There's part of the lace pattern that I'm using as a visual marker because it forms a distinct ridge (the sl1 k2tog psso part) and I know my current row matches up perfectly until I begin the row-specific directions (sl1 k3tog psso). And I know I'm 36 stitches in because that lines up with the edge of the neck.

But now I'm paranoid so I'll count again Smiley I'm just going crazy because it seems that if everything's lining up right, lace-wise, then there's no way I can be off, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlayItGeorge
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006 11:32:37 AM »

How many stitches are you off by, with regards to the lace matching up?  Could you K2tog or increase somewhere else to make it line up again without creating a hole?  Did you accidentally add two extra stitches?  Just some things to think about when you take a look at it.

I am sure you'll be able to figure out a way to get it to work out.  You seem to have a good understanding of how the lace pattern's created and how it should look which will help you fix it.  Don't lose hope Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thanksgiving Stuffing - Fix my Recipe
How to Make Fresh Cranberry Sauce - Fix my Recipe
How to Make Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Cajun Rice Dressing
How to Make Fresh Chicken Stock
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...