A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need body gripes for line I'm working on  (Read 301 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2006 01:53:35 PM »

So I've noticed that there are certain pieces in my wardrobe that seem to have a kind of optical illusion effect on the way different parts of my body look when I wear them - in a good way. This then inspired the thought that an entire line could be centered around a sort of trickery of the eye. My thought is that using seam placement, contrast stitching, color placement, fabric lay etc. could be put together in a way that would make someone with not much of a definable shape have a small waistline and hips, bring out some junk in the trunk, or give a little ooomph to a smaller chest. I'm talking cute, comfortable clothing that would let you be you but make you look your best without changing a thing about your shape. So...am I nuts or could this work? I already have a few patterns in mid-draft, with a test run sometime this winter. Please let me know what you think!

edited: So I know what I want to change about me, but what are you craftsters' particular peeves that you would like to 'change' via illusion?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006 01:42:18 PM by Arashala » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006 07:07:34 PM »

I think it's a very good idea! Everyone can use some help this way. Now if you can make the belly smaller and move everything up wards to the boobs I'd be first in line!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kt_Jerko

If I had a hammer, I'd wake up my neighbours.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006 07:12:43 PM »

That is a GREAT idea. Get a really catchy name and an attractive website and you'll do just fine. And you can actually get a lot of good ideas from swimsuits, since they're mostly designed to trick people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006 06:54:37 AM »

Thanks for the input, and my specialty happens to be "enlarging" the bust area, if you will. Discovered that by accident. Now to get to work creating! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Perfect Catwalk Makeup
Make It Easy: How to Remove Road Salt From Shoes
High Street Vs. High End Foundations
Theodore Leaf Responds to Your Elevator Makeover Comments
Quick Beauty Tips for Working Moms
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...