A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 30th Birthday Ideas?  (Read 861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dana_M_S
« on: October 23, 2006 12:34:06 PM »

I turn 30 in 3 weeks (11/14)!  I want to do something for my 30th, but I have no idea what!  Do I want to have some friends over, something casual, more formal, should we go out???

A little info on me - I am married (6 years next month) and I have a 3 year-old.  I don't get out much (I am so boring) but I want to do something fun for my birthday.  Most of my friends are married with young children (Mine is older than almost all of them) so partying all night is probably not going to happen. 

I want to do something FUN.  My dilemma - I love theme parties and I'd love to have like a Masquerade party or a 30's themed party, but my friends would probably not dress up for it.  And then I'll feel like a dork on my birthday!  I also worry about having it at my house because, well, I live in clutter and then I'd have to clean - for my own party!  And pay for it, so I'm thinking going out might be better.

Sigh, I don't know!  I need help!  And fast!  I have to let people know!

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
my velouria
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006 08:58:57 AM »

Ha! I'm turning 30 on 11/12! I looked in to having a party at a couple restaurants/bars, but it was going to be way too expensive to have food plus an open bar plus room rental. If you end up going out, I'd say to keep it small/simple.

Anyway, I've decided to do a "Turning 30 but Staying Young" kids-style party for grownups at my house. We're going to have kid food like PB&Js, pigs in a blanket, etc. and fun party games like Twister and a pinata. I think there's a thread for that somewhere on this board. This might be a good way for both the kiddies and the adults to have a good time. Good luck and happy birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dana_M_S
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006 07:04:00 PM »

I think I'm going to invite some close friend and go out to dinner or a piano bar - something simple.  I thought of having a party, but I want to go out and have fun - not cleaning the house to have people over and then cleaning up when they leave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiaBlaze
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006 03:11:45 PM »

my friend rented a HUGE stretch limo for her hubbies big birthday and we went to 4 different Irish pubs (he's Irish) that night. Each person paid their own way with drinks, but my friend paid for the limo. Also, she made sandwiches and brownies for the limo so people could snack in between bars. Also, this is a pretty sophisticated group of people, not party animals. We drank nice champagne in the limo and had a real blast! None of the guests (or the birthday boy) knew about the limo. We all thought the party was going to be at her house!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dana_M_S
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006 06:31:02 AM »

I love the limo!  My husband has determined he is going to plan it, so I've decided to relax and let hime (it's my nature to just take over party planning, so I've been resisting).

I think I'll pass this idea on to him though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Balloon Water Bomb
How to Make a No-Sew Safety Pin Purse
How to Make a Paper Gun
How to Make a Pop-Up Scrapbook Page
How to Make a Nightmare on Elm Street Glove
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...