A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 67382 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittheory
« Reply #470 on: September 28, 2007 09:13:47 AM »

I'm very strongly left-handed and believe me, there is no difference! Knitting is a new skill for both hands, it doesn't matter which of yours is dominant.
However, individuals do have different preferences for what hand they hold the wool in - not necessarily associated with handedness -so try out both ways (videos on KH).

Agreed!  I am left-handed in EVERYTHING except knitting.  My mom taught me when I was about 8, and since she's right-handed that's how she taught.  I've never had a problem knitting right-handed, and I've even tried knitting left-handed to see if it'd somehow be better and I totally can't do it!  I think it's exactly like redwitch said, it's such a new/different skill for your hands that it's really more based on which hands you learn it with, rather than which hand is more dominant in other activities.  Good luck learning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2007 06:51:15 PM »

This is my next big project, all the ribbing for Deep V argyle should be done tonight and I'll do some small projects in the meantime while I build up some yarn fundage to buy the yarn...lol.

So far I'm planning on adding maybe half a pattern repeat to the bottom to make it a little longer (casting on, after the bottom trim starting halfway through the color chart, then picking up the pattern as written from there).  And perhaps a V-neck...I'm a little on the busty side and I think that's more flattering on me than a boatneck, plus less itchiness around my neck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peppersaskatoon
« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2007 09:07:24 PM »

(You don't need to twist, fragolina_piccolina...one color is always the "top" color and the other always passes underneath.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2007 10:00:02 PM »

Thanks! I used the knitting help video the other night, and learned to knit with two hands- one continental, one english (my usual way). It's a bit awkward to hold the yarn in my left while keeping an even tension and not "throwing". Is there a trick to maintaining tension? It seems that my two-handed fair aisle is much looser than my regular, pick-up-and-drop. I'm ready to get this sweater started... but I need some more practice! Will the tension get tighter as I become more acquainted with this method?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2007 10:22:16 PM »

yeah i think that your tension will definitely tighten up as you go, it might not be noticeable but it could be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Lindyloop
« Reply #475 on: December 09, 2007 11:20:04 PM »

Sad

I had to frog mine!  It was just too small for my middle, but I am determined that it will be re-started in the new year one size bigger then I am sure it will be fine.

Lin x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jadzy

a.k.a. Jadzeea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2007 06:19:55 AM »

I love this sweater!  I'm going to try to make one eventually, but with more of a worsted weight.
I've never rewritten a pattern before, should be fun Tongue
I've already got the wool, Austermann Inka Alpaca, which I hope will look really nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missknitty
« Reply #477 on: December 26, 2007 07:02:54 AM »

Tongue  I have the yarn for oth this (Venezia) and the Autumn Rose - but I'm a little intimidated to start. I have to finish some malabrigo projects first, too. Man, I just love the look of these sweaters and there are so many beautiful projects here! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*knitasaurous

OMG.A giant sheet of styrofoam is going to eat me!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2007 12:31:37 AM »

Yay! I got yarn for christmas!-dances about to japanese techno madly- and I got some really shiny harmony needles too!! So I have been obsessively starting on the left sleeve, since the needles I got are lovely shiny...dpns. I was wondering, though about the colour conversions into palette, since I got what I saw listed, but now that I go back and look at the picture, the colour for ivy in the spindrift is there, but not listed in the conversions. maybe its just the light...anyway, mine is simply not going to have any ivy, cos I'm too lazy to go order more. I do have an idea running obsessively in my head about taking this pattern, ribbing the edges (as I am now, cos folded hems annoy as much as they delight), adding pockets and a hood, possibly lining it, and doing it all in black and white. the hood needs to be massive though, to fit my general hairstyle of a bun pinned up with metal dpns. My math teacher calls me lethal weapon, and that's seriously what he calls me, and what I put on my papers. I think the other teachers, when they grade tests, wonder who the hell lethal weapon is. and once again, I have rambled long enough.
-bye!-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bad podcaster, no cookie!

knitasaurous= the knitting dinosaur that will eat you for calling it a grandma
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christie Brinkley Shares Her Beauty Secret
How to Pull Off This Fall’s Makeup Trends
Three Beauty Trends You Need to Know from Milan
Best Nude Lipsticks For All Skin Tones
Miley Cyrus Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...