A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,951
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 69865 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rorosity
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2007 04:47:08 AM »

Wabbit, can you tell us what colors you used?  I've already purchased the original colors, because I had so much trouble trying to figure out substitutes.  It is intesting to see the different color combos people have come up with.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wabbit
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2007 05:43:30 AM »

Wabbit, can you tell us what colors you used?  I've already purchased the original colors, because I had so much trouble trying to figure out substitutes.  It is intesting to see the different color combos people have come up with.

Jeannine

Well, I'm not using the recommended yarn - what I have is some cheap local (Estonian) brand and around here they don't really bother to name the colours. So it's just five different reds and a beige.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if I were thinking, which I am not, that would not show that I exist."
MartiniMonsters
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2007 11:07:16 PM »

I really like your colors wabbit, red is my favorite color. I haven't been breaking the yarn, but my gauge is smaller. Superstich, I only spent about 72 for all of my yarn, where did you buy yours at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2007 12:03:46 AM »

well i bought 6 skeins for 54 dollars, white-baby ull, black-cashsoft, dark grey - dale tuir, light grey-cashsoft, dark pink-cashsoft, light pink-cashcotton

I just went to my yarn shopped and picked the colors i wanted from around the store, all of the yarns were the exact same gague, i figured since i was knitting a larger size i may need up to 4 balls of each color so thats where i got my 200 dollar total. I think when i start this up again i will do it with pallette
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
wabbit
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2007 11:39:33 AM »

I really like your colors wabbit, red is my favorite color. I haven't been breaking the yarn, but my gauge is smaller.

Thanks! Though it must be impossible to knit this one in ugly colours - nearly all versions I've seen so far look fantastic.

But I wanted to ask: how are you handling the row gauge thing? It seems that my gauge is smaller too, the sweater fits me well, but I'm afraid it might be too short (actually, even on the model it looks a bit short for my taste). I'm thinking of making it longer but that would mean repeating the whole chart so the pattern would match up with sleeves... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if I were thinking, which I am not, that would not show that I exist."
MartiniMonsters
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2007 08:12:31 AM »

You don't have to repeat the whole chart. You'll probably want to make the sleeves longer to match anyway, so you'll just be adding the same amount of extra rows to the sleeves. What I've done so far is, I added 12 rows after the decreases, and then in the increases I did the first five sets the same, increase every 4th row, but then for the next five I increased every 7th row (which you would do every whatever row to make it the length that you wanted). I haven't gotten to the steeks yet, but I'm close. Just keep note of what row you end up on in the pattern and make sure the arms end up at the same row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2007 11:11:22 AM »

okay everyone ready for a laugh? I posted a while back about having to rip out my venezia because it was too huge, well here is how huge it was, this was after i had ripped out the color work and that is just the hemmed edge, i'm not pulling it taught, thats just how big it it....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
katie_ramone9
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2007 02:56:23 PM »

Oh my gosh superstitch!!!  Shocked That is big!  How much colorwork had you done?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2007 03:08:56 PM »

it doesn't look like much, but that was 4 very intense days of knitting to get to that point
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
rorosity
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2007 08:09:24 PM »

Superstitch,

Mine was that big, too.  I had to rip it all out and I still haven't casted on again.  I am going to finish some projects on larger needles, then tackle Venezia.  Did you go down a needle size or did you just cast on a smaller size this time?  I am trying to decide which size to make.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jason Wu Hairstyle Trend - Fall 2009 Hairstyle
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Short Hair Spring Trends
How to Create a Smooth Soft Hair Wave
Braided Hair Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...