A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,718
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 75235 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cnp71201
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2007 09:08:01 PM »

I agree. The colors do look nice together, but the roses will definitely stand out better with the browns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
MissLulu
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2007 07:33:23 AM »

Hi everyone. I am thinking about this sweater all the time, and almost ready to jump in.

Am think about Baby Ull, but its a superwash - you can still do steeks with a superwah, right? You just have to machine-stitch them?

Also (and this may be blasphemous to say) I am thinking about just doing this in two colours - a dark and light blue. Has anyone else tried this/thought about it? I'm just not wild abut the gold colour and when i try to think of other colour combos my head starts hurting. Then I thought about just doing a really simple, pared-down version in 2 colours. Guess I should swatch and see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2007 11:00:24 AM »

I think it would look pretty in two colors! It would be subtle. Swatch and show us! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
EmilyFlew

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2007 11:01:44 AM »

PS I'm making Eunny's Anemoi mittens in light and dark blue now and loving it so I'm probably biased. So pretty though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
superstitch

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2007 11:03:41 AM »

i think that could be cool! I love the complicated look but didn't want that many different colors, so i pared it down to 6. I also have lost a little bit of interest because i cant decide if i'm going to make it. I'm in LOVE with the fairisle pattern but not the three quarter sleev and boat neck. I was going to turn it into a vest, but i dont know. I'm so confused!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Moiraine
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2007 02:00:57 PM »

Hi all!  I'm new to this forum.  I am happy to have found you all.  I am planning to knit a modified version of the Venezia pullover.  I already bought the yarn...the same yarn and colors in Eunny's pattern.  But I am going to modify the pattern to have a scooped neck and long sleeves.  I cannot wear wool against the skin, so I figure that with those modifications it will look nice with a long-sleeve, collared shirt under it.

I am looking forward to seeing everyones progress pictures.  And Jemmer, your sweater is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2007 09:59:01 AM »

Hi all!  I'm new to this forum.  I am happy to have found you all.  I am planning to knit a modified version of the Venezia pullover.  I already bought the yarn...the same yarn and colors in Eunny's pattern.  But I am going to modify the pattern to have a scooped neck and long sleeves.  I cannot wear wool against the skin, so I figure that with those modifications it will look nice with a long-sleeve, collared shirt under it.

I am looking forward to seeing everyones progress pictures.  And Jemmer, your sweater is beautiful!

If i ever made this I'd make it your way too.  I prefer long sleeves and scoop necks.  be sure to post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moiraine
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2007 01:24:55 PM »

If i ever made this I'd make it your way too.  I prefer long sleeves and scoop necks.  be sure to post pics!

I'll definitely share pictures of my progress.  I unfortunately won't be able to start it for a couple months yet though.  Sad  I have a couple other projects I need to finish first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2007 12:53:27 PM »

okay, i bought yarn (a delcious fingering weight merino in both navy and icy blue) and just finished the hem. It was my first time doing a provisional cast-on and i STUPIDLY used  alpaca for my waste yarn. not only did it shed everywhere, but also was ridiculously hard to pull out.

All is well now, though - I'm starting the pattern tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charis
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2007 09:26:15 AM »

I've ordered the yarn!  I'm really excited about this :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chignon
How to Choose the Best Hairstyles for a Heart-Shaped Face
How to Create Easy Waves with a Flat Iron
Best Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Tips: How To Cut Your Own Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...