A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 68404 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sedna+
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2007 05:12:01 PM »

O. 
M. 
G.   
     that looks SO HARD to do! I bow down to your knitting skillz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2007 06:29:31 AM »

Moraine and Cynder - you're both knitting so fast! I figure this project will take me forever, but that's probably because I'm knitting easier items on the side. anyway, it's inspiring to see your sweaters grow so quickly.

I decided to rip again. This time, I ripped everything I had knitted except for the bottom band. I did it because the knitting I did on the circulars looked way much better than that on the dpn's, and since I want this sweater to be as percect as can be, I ripped for the 3rd time. I'm so happy I started with a sleeve, would have been devastated if it was the body I had to rip for the 3rd time.

Evelina

LOL I'm happy with everything except my bottom band.  I am having dreams of ripping it out and re-knitting it on smaller needles, But I think I will see if I can get the wonkeyness to block out first.  If not, Snip, rip, I hope I don't miss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2007 10:50:36 AM »

Thanks!  I am working on the fourth repeat too.  I have about 19 rows to go before I start the armhole steeks.  I'll also be starting the neck steek a few rows after that since I am making a scooped neckline instead of the boatneck.  Once I get going on that it should move a lot faster.   Grin

How are you planning on altering for the boatneck?  That sounds like it will be a lot more pratical, and yes, faster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2007 11:22:38 AM »

I've never had such problem with gauge before. That could be because I almost always cheat from gauge tension and hope for the best.
Now that I'm knitting with circulars my knitting is much tighter, so I have to go down from 3 mm to 2.5 mm. The pattern calls for 2.75 mm, but I've searched several online yarn stores in Europe, and it is impossible to find.
I don't have 40 cm circulars in 2.5 mm so I have to wait until tomorrow before I can knit more, and I'm eager to start now. I had so looked forward to an evening with Venezia, but I have to be patient..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2007 12:19:19 PM »

I've never had such problem with gauge before. That could be because I almost always cheat from gauge tension and hope for the best.
Now that I'm knitting with circulars my knitting is much tighter, so I have to go down from 3 mm to 2.5 mm. The pattern calls for 2.75 mm, but I've searched several online yarn stores in Europe, and it is impossible to find.
I don't have 40 cm circulars in 2.5 mm so I have to wait until tomorrow before I can knit more, and I'm eager to start now. I had so looked forward to an evening with Venezia, but I have to be patient..

Argh- I hadn't even thought about a difference in gauge between circs and DPN's.  I think I knit tighter with DPN's, but I will keep my faith in the power of the blocking gods if it is off just a little bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moiraine
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2007 12:30:54 PM »

How are you planning on altering for the boatneck?  That sounds like it will be a lot more pratical, and yes, faster.

Faster from a knitting standpoint.  Wink But it did take me a lot of time charting the sweater out.  I am going to steek the neckline.  At the bottom front of the neckline, I'll bind off some stitches and start the steek.  Then I'll decrease on following rows to acheive the curve that I want (which I have charted out).  At the shoulders I've planned out some short rows to add some slope to the shoulder.  In my mind it should work, but my mind may not be considering everything and I may have to make changes when I get to that point (considering this will be my first time steeking and first true fair isle garment. lol).  I'll be doing a three-needle bind off to attach the shoulders.  At the back neck I'll do another steek in a similar manner, except that it will only curve down a bit.  Then when it's all assembled, I'll pick up and knit on a neckband similar to the one around the bottom of the sweater.  That's my current plan anyway.   Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2007 12:47:12 PM »

Sounds good!

As tempting as it sounds, I think I will play it safe and knit as the pattern states.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moiraine
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2007 12:54:37 PM »

Argh- I hadn't even thought about a difference in gauge between circs and DPN's.  I think I knit tighter with DPN's, but I will keep my faith in the power of the blocking gods if it is off just a little bit.

You can always use two circs.  Or one long circ and do the magic loop.  I think I'll do one of those options...haven't decided yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rippedoffknitter
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2007 01:24:12 PM »

I'm trying to prepare myself mentally to start this sweater, would like to have a venezia when autumn comes but so far I'm still struggling with colour choices, considering knitting at least three different versions after seeing all your beautiful creations. Not realistic, I know, but neither is settling on ten colours of the hundredandsomething available...

Those of you doing the original colours, when looking at it from a distance does it look stripey, or does the brocade still come out? I think I would like a slightly more subtle colourtransition than seen in the mag, maybe throw in some greens for the yellow.

Will probably stalk around here for another while first to gather courage and inspiration!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistakes done in life and in mohair can't be ripped.

Blog: www.rippedoffknitter.wordpress.com
evelinaberg
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2007 02:34:43 AM »

I finally got gauge! I had to go down to 2 mm, but now I'm on the move. Can't wait to  get home to continue knitting  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Success Shapes Standup Comedy Career Growth
How a Comedian Creates Meaningful Career Goals
Matt Ruby on How to Make Personal Connections in a Crowded Room
Thinking Maps Differently
How Standup Comedian Creates and Refines Material
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...