A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 81539 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cynder
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2007 07:05:07 AM »

I love the colors you are using!  But ditto the others about checking the gauge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrera
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2007 10:07:08 AM »

Lindyloop--I just joined Crafster to comment on how gorgeous your colors are!  I hope it works out with your guage because that will be one beautiful sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Legally Knit
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2007 05:49:21 PM »

Cynder, that is GORGEOUS.  Seeing your Venezia made me want this sweater SO badly!  Until now I liked the sweater, thought maybe some day I might attempt it, but seeing yours totally changed my mind and I actually just went to Ebay and bid on some of that same yarn you're using because I just love the way it's looking!  But I did choose a different variegated color, one with some purples and greens.  Yours is so gorgeous!  This project is way out of my league, I think, but I'm going to try just because yours is turning out so beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cynder
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2007 08:27:39 AM »

Cynder, that is GORGEOUS.  Seeing your Venezia made me want this sweater SO badly!  Until now I liked the sweater, thought maybe some day I might attempt it, but seeing yours totally changed my mind and I actually just went to Ebay and bid on some of that same yarn you're using because I just love the way it's looking!  But I did choose a different variegated color, one with some purples and greens.  Yours is so gorgeous!  This project is way out of my league, I think, but I'm going to try just because yours is turning out so beautifully.

*Blushes*

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2007 02:03:03 PM »

I just ripped everything I had been knitting today, which was about one and a half pattern repeat. When I changed from dpn's to circular I just assumed I would have the same gauge but no. always check gauge, I know I know. My knitting was too tight with the dpn's, so I had to go up half a size, from 3 mm to 3.5 mm, so I just continued with a 3.5 mm circular. Big mistake. When I tried the sleeve on I noticed that it looked something like a balloon, where the sleeve all of a sudden became hugh. The only thing to do was to rip it  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindyloop
« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2007 12:12:34 AM »

Oh no, poor you. I am still waiting for my needles to come. I was tempted to use a different lot I have but won't now after your problem with tension.

Lin x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moiraine
« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2007 12:54:10 PM »

evelinaberg, that stinks. I know how you feel...I did a lot of ripping due to gauge problems too.

Just thought I'd update you all with a picture of my Venezia as it currently is today.  I modified the pattern to have fewer decreases/increases in the waist shaping to suit my shape better.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 01:32:24 PM by Moiraine » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2007 01:23:42 PM »

Moiraine- Thats looking so niece!  What repeat are you on?  I started the fourth repeat last night (knitting the largest size is taking forever!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moiraine
« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2007 02:06:58 PM »

Moiraine- Thats looking so niece!  What repeat are you on?  I started the fourth repeat last night (knitting the largest size is taking forever!)

Thanks!  I am working on the fourth repeat too.  I have about 19 rows to go before I start the armhole steeks.  I'll also be starting the neck steek a few rows after that since I am making a scooped neckline instead of the boatneck.  Once I get going on that it should move a lot faster.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2007 02:32:59 PM »

Moraine and Cynder - you're both knitting so fast! I figure this project will take me forever, but that's probably because I'm knitting easier items on the side. anyway, it's inspiring to see your sweaters grow so quickly.

I decided to rip again. This time, I ripped everything I had knitted except for the bottom band. I did it because the knitting I did on the circulars looked way much better than that on the dpn's, and since I want this sweater to be as percect as can be, I ripped for the 3rd time. I'm so happy I started with a sleeve, would have been devastated if it was the body I had to rip for the 3rd time.

Evelina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Oscar Nominee Inspired Outfits
Red Carpet Looks of the 2015 Berlin Film Festival
Jenna Lyons Admits She Loves Onesies
What JLaw Looked Like Before She Made the Internet Explode
How to Work the Layering Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...