A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 66743 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cynder
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2007 07:05:07 AM »

I love the colors you are using!  But ditto the others about checking the gauge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrera
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2007 10:07:08 AM »

Lindyloop--I just joined Crafster to comment on how gorgeous your colors are!  I hope it works out with your guage because that will be one beautiful sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Legally Knit
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2007 05:49:21 PM »

Cynder, that is GORGEOUS.  Seeing your Venezia made me want this sweater SO badly!  Until now I liked the sweater, thought maybe some day I might attempt it, but seeing yours totally changed my mind and I actually just went to Ebay and bid on some of that same yarn you're using because I just love the way it's looking!  But I did choose a different variegated color, one with some purples and greens.  Yours is so gorgeous!  This project is way out of my league, I think, but I'm going to try just because yours is turning out so beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cynder
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2007 08:27:39 AM »

Cynder, that is GORGEOUS.  Seeing your Venezia made me want this sweater SO badly!  Until now I liked the sweater, thought maybe some day I might attempt it, but seeing yours totally changed my mind and I actually just went to Ebay and bid on some of that same yarn you're using because I just love the way it's looking!  But I did choose a different variegated color, one with some purples and greens.  Yours is so gorgeous!  This project is way out of my league, I think, but I'm going to try just because yours is turning out so beautifully.

*Blushes*

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2007 02:03:03 PM »

I just ripped everything I had been knitting today, which was about one and a half pattern repeat. When I changed from dpn's to circular I just assumed I would have the same gauge but no. always check gauge, I know I know. My knitting was too tight with the dpn's, so I had to go up half a size, from 3 mm to 3.5 mm, so I just continued with a 3.5 mm circular. Big mistake. When I tried the sleeve on I noticed that it looked something like a balloon, where the sleeve all of a sudden became hugh. The only thing to do was to rip it  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindyloop
« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2007 12:12:34 AM »

Oh no, poor you. I am still waiting for my needles to come. I was tempted to use a different lot I have but won't now after your problem with tension.

Lin x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moiraine
« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2007 12:54:10 PM »

evelinaberg, that stinks. I know how you feel...I did a lot of ripping due to gauge problems too.

Just thought I'd update you all with a picture of my Venezia as it currently is today.  I modified the pattern to have fewer decreases/increases in the waist shaping to suit my shape better.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 01:32:24 PM by Moiraine » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cynder
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2007 01:23:42 PM »

Moiraine- Thats looking so niece!  What repeat are you on?  I started the fourth repeat last night (knitting the largest size is taking forever!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moiraine
« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2007 02:06:58 PM »

Moiraine- Thats looking so niece!  What repeat are you on?  I started the fourth repeat last night (knitting the largest size is taking forever!)

Thanks!  I am working on the fourth repeat too.  I have about 19 rows to go before I start the armhole steeks.  I'll also be starting the neck steek a few rows after that since I am making a scooped neckline instead of the boatneck.  Once I get going on that it should move a lot faster.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2007 02:32:59 PM »

Moraine and Cynder - you're both knitting so fast! I figure this project will take me forever, but that's probably because I'm knitting easier items on the side. anyway, it's inspiring to see your sweaters grow so quickly.

I decided to rip again. This time, I ripped everything I had knitted except for the bottom band. I did it because the knitting I did on the circulars looked way much better than that on the dpn's, and since I want this sweater to be as percect as can be, I ripped for the 3rd time. I'm so happy I started with a sleeve, would have been devastated if it was the body I had to rip for the 3rd time.

Evelina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dolores Cortes 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Éclairée 2013 At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim
Oscars 2012 Red Carpet Fashion Wins and Fails
Different Celebrity, Same Dress: Kirsten Dunst Vs. Tory Burch
Stars Sporting the Edgy Fashion Style
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...